Struck by Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Struck by Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal

Post  Delight on 10/21/2012, 8:15 am

Alla is doing her bit to promote Chris's new book as well, bless her neutre

Can't wait for this book. I'm in dire need of another Chris project to distract myself from Glee..
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 10/21/2012, 1:45 pm

Wow, something with a plot and consequences, it really is too bad Chris can't assist with writing on the show. It would be kind of a conflict of interest, you know, sort of like dating a writer. Wait, a second...

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 on 10/28/2012, 12:05 am

Excerpt from the SBL audiobook
http://t.co/6ovVizPH
I can't wait to buy it!!!!!!!!!
But what's the difference between an audiobook and an e-book? blinkk

Last edited by Delight on 10/28/2012, 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Embedded audio clip)
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 10/28/2012, 12:46 am

tamara04 wrote:Excerpt from the SBL audiobook
But what's the difference between an audiobook and an e-book?

Thanks for this.

That sounded so good. Listening it to it you can tell there are some things Chris has taken from his life added to Carson, things I have heard in an interview on Jay Leno and that he has on his twitter.

I didn't want to give away any spoilers so whoever listens to it will get an idea what I am talking about.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 10/28/2012, 2:31 am

An ebook is the electronic equivalent of a printed book, kind of like softcopy vs hardcopy.
And the audiobook is the narrated one from which we got to hear this great excerpt Smile
ColferInspired wrote:
But what's the difference between an audiobook and an e-book?

Thanks for this.

That sounded so good. Listening it to it you can tell there are some things Chris has taken from his life added to Carson, things I have heard in an interview on Jay Leno and that he has on his twitter.

I didn't want to give away any spoilers so whoever listens to it will get an idea what I am talking about.

This was such a nice surprise! I noticed those few things immediately as well...it was fun. And I love his Carson voice!
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar on 10/28/2012, 2:59 am

Chris's Carson voice ded .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 10/28/2012, 8:26 am

sahhar wrote:Chris's Carson voice ded .

I know!!! And not only is his voice so gorgeous, he's saying such snarky things too ded
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/28/2012, 8:33 am

^As Sue Sylvester would say about his voice: "Your resentment is delicious." Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Struck by Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal

Post  tamara04 on 10/28/2012, 11:54 am

[quote="Ireth"]

An ebook is the electronic equivalent of a printed book, kind of like softcopy vs hardcopy.
And the audiobook is the narrated one from which we got to hear this great excerpt Smile
[quote="ColferInspired"]

Ohhhhh! Ok thanks for the explanation about the difference. I definitely want the audiobook. I didn't know that he would make one and then I found the excerpt and I'm soooo happy now. I love listening to his voice. Singing, talking, whatever I don't care.lol But why do we have to wait till december!!!!?????
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/28/2012, 12:42 pm

Today I pre-ordered the paperback and the audiobook on Amazon.co.uk. Unfortunately the hardcover version was out of stock. :(

So someone over on GF directed me to the German Amazon site, and they still have the hardcover, so I ordered that one too over there. neutre Here's the link.
And now I have the paperback, the audiobook, and the hardcover. I think Chris should send me a 'thank you' note for earning him so much cash and propping up the sales numbers. Razz

The good thing about the German Amazon site is that it ships books free to the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Luxemburg, Liechtenstein and Switzerland. So if you live there or know someone there you can order the book shipping costs free.

Oh, and I did this with TLoS too: if someone is not able to buy the book (or audiobook), I'm offering to buy it for them and ship it to them. Just let me know. fanny2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 10/28/2012, 9:55 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^As Sue Sylvester would say about his voice: "Your resentment is delicious." Smile

^ I agree Smile

Is it a sign of too much Chris obsession when the first thing I thought of when I hear 'cow-tipping' was 'David Letterman'? ooppss
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina on 10/29/2012, 4:53 am

Glorfindel wrote:^No, that's not the real book cover.

msjoanlucette wrote:Omg. Omg. Omg. This is really great news!!! :D
I wonder if he's recorded for the audio yet.
Man that's so so cool! His audio version of tlos was amazing so I don't doubt this version would be anything less too!!! This is really cool!! Omg... sorry I'm just really excited.
You and me together. We're like this: Razz

This is amazing!!!

oh my God! I want the audiobook! And The book! And The movie!
I want to acclaim him in every chance I get!
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/29/2012, 6:03 am

Delight wrote:Is it a sign of too much Chris obsession when the first thing I thought of when I hear 'cow-tipping' was 'David Letterman'? ooppss
No, not at all, that's perfectly normal, imo. sifflou

When I think of 'cow-tipping' (who does that anyway?!?) I always think of this scene:

ptdr

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 10/29/2012, 11:39 am

that audio is brilliant. chris really managed to conway a self-centured teen who only looks ahead and can't see past his own bullshit. love it. no wonder everyone hates him in clover high. talk about a pompous asshole. an yet, you can see in there, a glimpse of a kid who just wants to run away form a life where no-one understands or wants him and to be somewhere better and happier. carson feels like a guy who is alone even in a room full of people. dno't know how the movie is going to be, but something tells me i'm gonna love the book version of it even more. can't wait for this one.

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/1/2012, 7:34 pm

hola hola hola

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/1/2012, 9:00 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

This is incredible and the book isn't even released yet.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 on 11/1/2012, 9:08 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

This is incredible and the book isn't even released yet.

So proud of Chris and so happy about this but how can they rate it if it's not out yet? blinkk
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/2/2012, 7:04 am

^It's probably based on the amount of pre-orders.

And book stores get early copies of books to read and rate them. neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/2/2012, 8:22 am

Here is preview of the book from Itunes. There is quite a few pages and so if you want to read it you can. I read a few pages and wanted to read more but forced myself to stop as I was spoiling it for myself. But it is really really good.

http://ccolferrr.tumblr.com/post/34819907715/struck-by-lightning-the-carson-phillips-journal
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 11/2/2012, 8:56 am

It's really heartbreaking. Really tough and serious stuff there. crycry I don't think I can survive an entire book with this much emotion.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 11/2/2012, 4:51 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Here is preview of the book from Itunes. There is quite a few pages and so if you want to read it you can. I read a few pages and wanted to read more but forced myself to stop as I was spoiling it for myself. But it is really really good.

http://ccolferrr.tumblr.com/post/34819907715/struck-by-lightning-the-carson-phillips-journal
I'm started to read it because my curiosity is bigger and I haven't ordered the book.

Honestly, I'm still debating if Carson gonna be a likeable or unlikeable character, for me he's like those people that at the beginning is not easy to get along with, and sort of I understand why people hate him. But by other side I think there's so much to discover about him.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/2/2012, 5:11 pm

^I think Carson is one of those kids who has built a cynic, sarcastic wall around him, because he's been hurt too much and never been positively stimulated by the ones who are supposed to love and encourage him.
He never got anything, so he is not inclined to give anything.
But once you get behind that wall of him, there's a really smart, neglected, driven and vulnerable kid inside who just longs to be understood and loved.

There are many kids like Carson, but they hardly ever get the main focus in a movie.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 11/2/2012, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/2/2012, 9:10 pm

brisallie wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Here is preview of the book from Itunes. There is quite a few pages and so if you want to read it you can. I read a few pages and wanted to read more but forced myself to stop as I was spoiling it for myself. But it is really really good.

I'm started to read it because my curiosity is bigger and I haven't ordered the book.

Honestly, I'm still debating if Carson gonna be a likeable or unlikeable character, for me he's like those people that at the beginning is not easy to get along with, and sort of I understand why people hate him. But by other side I think there's so much to discover about him.

I think he is likeable, but just cynical like Marie said.

He becomes best friends with Malarie in the film and probably we see this in the book as well. He has been hurt as I can see by what I have read. He is written like a real character, and this is what I feel as I was reading the first couple of pages.

He has flaws, lots of them, but he does have heart.

Yes, he is arrogant, but I think no-one has ever given him any sort of confidence, so he created it himself and therefore developed this arrogance as well as cynical and sarcastic as Marie said. Kurt did with his superiority so I say it is almost the same.

Chris is such a brillant writer, that I could see this in just the first three pages within the journal.

And given that Chris came up with SBL while in high school, maybe Chris gave Ryan the idea that Kurt's superiority was just a wall that Kurt built around himself as we all know it was during season 2 when that wall started to come down.

Sometimes I wonder how much of a creation of Kurt was more Chris than Ryan.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/2/2012, 9:33 pm

ColferInspired wrote:And given that Chris came up with SBL while in high school, maybe Chris gave Ryan the idea that Kurt's superiority was just a wall that Kurt built around himself as we all know it was during season 2 when that wall started to come down.

Sometimes I wonder how much of a creation of Kurt was more Chris than Ryan.
Chris has said that in the beginning the writers gave Chris some freedom with Kurt and just let Chris figure Kurt out himself. I think Chris influenced who Kurt is a lot.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 on 11/2/2012, 9:43 pm

Why oh why did I read those 26 pages???Now I have to wait so long to read the rest!!!!!
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top