Struck by Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Struck by Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal

Post  Sani on 8/10/2012, 11:23 am

Chris Colfer to Publish YA Novel Titled Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal

#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR CHRIS COLFER

PENS STRUCK BY LIGHTNING: THE CARSON PHILLIPS JOURNAL, HIS FIRST YOUNG ADULT NOVEL

TO BE PUBLISHED BY LITTLE, BROWN BOOKS FOR YOUNG READERS

Inspired by Colfer’s Original Screenplay, Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal

Will Be Published on November 20, 2012, in Advance of the Film Release Later This Year

New York, NY [August 9, 2012] — Following the instant bestselling success of his debut novel, The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell,#1 New York Times bestselling author Chris Colfer will publish his first young adult book with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, it was announced today by Megan Tingley, the division’s Senior Vice President and Publisher. The acquisition of Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal for world English rights was made by Andrew Smith, Vice President and Deputy Publisher, and Alvina Ling, Executive Editorial Director, who will edit, with Rob Weisbach of Rob Weisbach Creative Management on behalf of Colfer. Written for teens ages fifteen and up, Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal will be simultaneously available in hardcover, e-book, and audio formats on November 20, 2012. The novel will be published in the UK one week later on November 27, 2012, by the Atom imprint of the Little, Brown Book Group.

The film Struck By Lightning is set to be released by Tribeca Film later this year and features Colfer’s own original screenplay. Colfer also stars in the film alongside Allison Janney, Christina Hendricks, Dermot Mulroney, Sarah Hyland, and Polly Bergen.

Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal follows the story of outcast high school senior Carson Phillips, who blackmails the most popular students in his school into contributing to his literary journal to bolster his college application; his goal in life is to get into Northwestern and eventually become the editor of The New Yorker. At once laugh-out-loud funny, deliciously dark, and remarkably smart, Struck By Lightning unearths the dirt that lies just below the surface of high school. At a time when bullying torments so many young people today, this unique and important novel sheds light with humor and wit on an issue that deeply resonates with countless teens and readers.

“When production wrapped on Struck By Lightning, I wasn’t ready to say good-bye to these characters and was thrilled when Little, Brown asked me to adapt the story into a novel,” remarked Colfer. “I felt the best way to tell Carson’s story was through his critical eyes in a journal he kept the last months of his life. So this is a story about adolescence, told through the eyes of a teenager, for other teenagers.”

“We are positively euphoric about the #1 bestselling success of The Land of Stories and were already looking forward to its sequel next year. So we are thrilled to have a new young adult novel from him as well,” said Megan Tingley. “Chris is a remarkable writing talent, and Struck By Lightning is a story that will entertain, enlighten, and deeply affect not only his millions of fans, but every person who has experienced the sometimes painful, sometimes funny alienation and confusion of high school.”

Chris Colfer is represented by Coast to Coast, and Glenn Rigberg at Inphenate.
Source
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 8/10/2012, 1:04 pm

I saw the news yesterday. Am already haunting Amazon to get my pre-order in. Am not happy that they don't have it listed yet. beam

The amount of squeeing on my part would be almost embarassing but... it's Chris! I wants it! Now! Gimmee!

BlueJazz wrote:IT FEELS AMAZING TO BE A CHRIS STAN

Oh, that it does my friend. That is does. respek
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid on 8/16/2012, 1:37 pm

I'm SO looking forward to this!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 8/16/2012, 6:56 pm

zuppid wrote:I'm SO looking forward to this!

I am too.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaton2011 on 8/26/2012, 9:25 am

The paperback book can now be pre ordered on Amazon Uk bounce

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Struck-Lightning-Carson-Phillips-Journal/dp/0349001359/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345983163&sr=1-1

Eaton2011
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  FunnyLady on 8/26/2012, 10:29 am

Eaton2011 wrote:The paperback book can now be pre ordered on Amazon Uk bounce

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Struck-Lightning-Carson-Phillips-Journal/dp/0349001359/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345983163&sr=1-1

Thanks very much for the link thumnup
FunnyLady
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 8/27/2012, 12:13 am

I can get here in Australia on Angus and Robertson website. I will be ordering it in October when I have the money.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 8/27/2012, 8:05 am

ColferInspired wrote:I can get here in Australia on Angus and Robertson website. I will be ordering it in October when I have the money.

^ Thanks for letting me know neutre
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 8/28/2012, 6:54 am

Delight wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I can get here in Australia on Angus and Robertson website. I will be ordering it in October when I have the money.

^ Thanks for letting me know

That's why I posted it.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 8/30/2012, 9:19 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Delight wrote:

That's why I posted it.

Thanks for thinking of me hapitgh

Sorry for going off topic here, but did you acquire a copy of TLOS from Dymocks (Also, thanks for letting me know about that too; I got a copy from a branch of that bookstore during the weekend following its release)? Just thought I'd warn you that Dymocks seems to have ordered the UK version of TLOS-- the one that's slightly bigger and has no map.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 8/30/2012, 11:07 pm

Delight wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
Delight wrote:

That's why I posted it.

Thanks for thinking of me

Sorry for going off topic here, but did you acquire a copy of TLOS from Dymocks (Also, thanks for letting me know about that too; I got a copy from a branch of that bookstore during the weekend following its release)? Just thought I'd warn you that Dymocks seems to have ordered the UK version of TLOS-- the one that's slightly bigger and has no map.

My housemate ordered it from Angus and Robertson, both the hardback and the audiobook. I was happy to see that it had the map, so I got the US version.

I was impatient though and bought a copy from Doncaster, where I got the last one (it didn't have a map, but I didn't care at that stage).

And TLOS is a bestseller at Dymocks, I saw it on their website.

Collins booksellers are starting to bring out copies of the book in their stores, but not many are doing it at QBD stores.

I don't know about other bookstores though.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 9/1/2012, 3:40 am

ColferInspired wrote:
My housemate ordered it from Angus and Robertson, both the hardback and the audiobook. I was happy to see that it had the map, so I got the US version.

I was impatient though and bought a copy from Doncaster, where I got the last one (it didn't have a map, but I didn't care at that stage).

So the Angus and Robertson website sells both the book and the audiobook? Hopefully it'll do the same for the SBL YA novel. I'll think about ordering it from there instead of the Barnes and Noble website this time neutre
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/6/2012, 2:10 am

First Look: Glee Star Chris Colfer's New Novel

They did get some information wrong as his next movie is meant to start filming in winter, probably in Decemeber perhaps, though that hasn't yet been confirmed.

But I like their prediction that this novel will be another best seller.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 9/6/2012, 9:05 am

I like the cover. The broken pencil in the shape of a lightning bolt is a nice touch. I had wondered why they didn't use this photo of Carson sitting on a stool for the official SBL movie poster. Now I know why neutre
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/6/2012, 9:55 am

I like the cover too. The broken pencil, Carson 'brooding' on a stool, the 'hand-written' words, and the blue lines of a real journal.

Oh, and "Chris Colfer, #1 New York Times Best Selling Author" of course. hapitgh

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 9/7/2012, 5:18 am

I like the poster for the book much better than the one for the movie, I hope they'll change it.
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaton2011 on 9/8/2012, 11:28 am

I can see this being a bigger hit than the land of stories. some casual teenage/young adult Glee fans may not have felt inclined to buy a children's book but Struck by lighting is perfect for that demographic.

Imagine the potential for the movie if the book is number one on the New York times best sellers list at the time of it's release.

Eaton2011
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/8/2012, 4:23 pm

wow, he's fast. already finished hte book?

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 9/8/2012, 5:05 pm

are there many authors who do their own audiobooks ??? chris is the first i've heard but i only listened to a dozen audiobooks so far.

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/8/2012, 7:31 pm

i've heard autobiographies voiced by the authors themselves. usually hte novels are read by pro actors. since chris himself is an actor, he can do both.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/9/2012, 1:14 am

fantastica wrote:

wow, he's fast. already finished hte book?

I think he said in an interview that it took him two weeks to write the book.

That man works too hard.

But we get lots of good stuff out of it.

Though I would like him take a real holiday someday and relax. Go to another country and just enjoy himself.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 9/9/2012, 2:13 am

Delight wrote:I like the cover. The broken pencil in the shape of a lightning bolt is a nice touch. I had wondered why they didn't use this photo of Carson sitting on a stool for the official SBL movie poster. Now I know why neutre

I like it too.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/20/2012, 4:34 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 10/20/2012, 5:18 pm

I can't fathom how he must be feeling holding that book in his hands. So proud and happy for him! Besides the book does look really good and I'm sure the insides will match.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 10/20/2012, 6:28 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

Seeing this makes me want the book even more.

I should be ordering it next month. The book first than the audiobook.

I am so proud and so happy for him.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top