Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

+28
msjoanlucette
happydays
emilynna
ladydianab
Sani
Keyser
FunnyLady
opals
bayth
M&M
Buenos
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Divalicious
BlueJazz
Ranwing
Delight
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
32 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Ireth 9/7/2012, 5:14 am

Ranwing wrote:
zuppid wrote:WORKING AT LIMA BEAN?????
I'm so fuckin done with this show!!!!are they totally stupid????

I can't express just how sickened I am by this. This is just kicking someone when he's down. It's bad enough that Kurt didn't get into NYADA, but now they have to humiliate him as well. What happened to the garage? Did Burt shut it down when he went to Washington that he can't give his son a decent job while he gets his life together?

If Rachel calls up and whines once over the mean dance teacher who isn't worshiping the ground she walks on, I will be throwing things at my TV and screaming so loud that RM will need a hearing test afterwards.

Just when you think nothing can get worse...this is the most sickening thing ever. This is not the Kurt we all know, what have they done to him? I hope he's just working at the Lima Bean on the side while participating very actively in community theatre and building up his resume so he can reapply to NYADA and other safety schools. I really can't believe Kurt would have no concrete backup plans and would have to be told by Blaine to follow his dreams. And did they just forget about Burt's shop (Which could have given us more Kurt and Burt scenes), or they think Kurt is too independent to work at his father's shop but not independent enough to decided to go to New York like he's always wanted?

And speaking of Blaine-him not getting solos handed to him on a silver platter like always is his big, painful problem? And I don't get this competing for 'the new Rachel'. Even though Rachel did get most of the solos, in theory wasn't New Directions supposed to be like "everyone is important and special"? I think that's what Will told Jesse St James back in season 2 while voiding the competition for solos. Maybe they're competing for Glee captain? The whole thing sounds ridiculous to me.

Divalicious wrote:Well, I always assumed Kurt wouldn't be in episode 1 much, and what he is in, except for Burt/Kurt scene, doesn't matter. Will take with a grain of salt, focus on his lovely face, and try to get past all the other idiotic writing he is given. We know he is going to get a job at Vogue, and wear fabulous clothes. He'll get to interact with an on-going set of support characters, for how long I don't know, but at least these people (other than SJP) won't know Rachel.

Sure, Blaine gets to sing, yet again, about someone elses pain, but would we rather have story or songs in the end. Songs are great, but if they are just a reason to sing, and not pertinent to the story, nothing in the story moves along. Blaine's singing is just like cotton candy, appreciated by the young, but of no real substance. Kurt's stories are like sushi, not really big (like Rachel's 5 course meals with hor'doerves) some sweet, some sour, some crunch, some salt, umami. Add some wasabi with Kurt being snarky, and we are in business.

As for Chris not being invested in the photoshoot, he just came off his book tour, perhaps was a bit tired. We can assume all we want about someone elses motivations, but we can't read minds. Chris might be a little bored, but I still feel he loves Kurt, and wants to be true to this important character. He has never forgotten his impact to his fans, a lot of whom he got to meet on that same book tour. I think because we are bored with all that he is not given, about him being kicked in the nuts repeatedly, and them calling it resilience, and we are projecting our feelings on him.

Darren might be handed songs that are actually in his wheelhouse, and just the sheer number of songs he gets gives him better odds, but they still don't hand him story. If Marley does become the NEW RACHEL, her boyfriend is going to be the new male lead, just you wait. So Blaine's singing will be even more out of context.

I am still in my no expectations mode, and therefore not too pissed about this lack of Kurt actually triumphing. Plus, I already know they readily sacrifice his feelings on the alter of Miss Rachel Berry, so even if he gets a grand success, he'll be there to prop Rachel on whatever mood swing she is currently on. No expectations is the only way for a Kurtsie to watch Glee, something we've learned since Season 2. Waiting 2 years for a real pay off for Kurt when he isn't treated like a loser, gay, effeminate, undesirable stalker of straight boys.

I also fully expect for Rachel to succeed because she is one in a million, she'll also forgive her teacher for her attitude, and likely drive her to rehab, baking her cookies in the trunk. Rachel has become a MarySue, and she doesn't matter, she isn't real. She is a barbie doll, posing, and sings when you wish. No substance. Her victory's are plentiful, and therefore hollow. They will never allow the teenyboppers that they care about to see either her or Blaine with flaws and wonderfully human.

Sorry, Glee. No matter how much you tell me Kurt fails over and over again, I know in real life he would have the brightest future. If you can't bother to write it, doesn't matter, fan fiction, or my own imagination has given him a glowing future. I watch your show so I can see Chris do his damn best to make your dreck meaningful and Kurt strong. We know Kurt doesn't need someone to tell him what to do, he knew when he was 8 years old how to support his father, and likely managed a whole household until his father remarried. He planned a huge wedding, he found his brother tons of schools to apply to, and you tell me that this extraordinary young man only applied to one damn college, and works at the Lima Bean? That is just shoving a round peg in a square hole, it doesn't fit, it doesn't make sense, and it isn't right.

So next Friday morning I will watch Glee, FF through NYADA, and any stupid scenes of Rachel trying not to look at naked Brody while giving him an imaginary physical, or cheerio bitches deriding Kurt. The year will be over sooner than we think, and I can only support a season 5 if Kurt will be there, otherwise, I will happily be gone. Because I am tired of the same people getting songs and triumphs, and life handed to them on a platter. Kurt is like me, he has to work his ass off and is never appreciated for it. He is the underdog of Glee, only the writers can't see that. Makes you wonder if they even read what they write.

Applause.

fantastica wrote:according to Brad, they are still interested in the Kurt character because they can still milk his suffering, and continue to screw him. so, our dream scenerio of Kurt succeeding in one way or hte other will never happen.
At least, until the last season, which suddenly can't come soon enough.

sahhar wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
sahhar wrote:
fantastica wrote:i think having this forum is a great way to release those tention. being in a community of like-minded people, laugh and cry together...

glee is ironically depressing, yet we are still watching. this show. this audience. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 3429310274

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 650269930

P.S - The day Chris leaves Glee, I'll cut off from the show completely. That's something that I can safely say for sure.

Same with me. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 650269930

And I sorry to hear you had a rough time as well. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 1371890812

But you and Kim are right this is good place to vent in a healthy way. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 4247136565

I should tell Chris he is a good cure for depression. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 3429310274

Pity it can't be bottled. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 1688725052

I am just enthused and excited for Chris's new book and the movie. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 3070767216

Haha, yeah, Chris would be happy to hear that. I am super thrilled for everything else happening for him though. TLOS, SBL, etc. I can't wait for Struck By Lightning to come out, since I wasn't one of the lucky ones to catch the film at Tribeca, so I'm still super nervous, stoked to watch it.

I'm sure, since our BB is only 22, even though he's stuck in the crapfest called Glee right now, he'll go on to accomplish many more things over the years and have a pretty impressive resume even just 20 years from now Smile . Just seeing his own success makes me happy. When he won the Golden Globe, when he was named one of Time Magazine's 100 most influential people, when he was given the title of #1 New York Times Bestselling Author, these are moments we will never forget. We've been living this journey of his success with him and with each other, and will continue to do so Smile .

Crap, I got carried away and too sentimental and emotional there. Sorry guys. I realized I also went off topic too, sorry again Embarassed .

Beautiful post!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  tanita_mors 9/7/2012, 5:18 am

more tweets from last night/this morning - while i was sleeping

About Tike:

Cantorpedia Cantorpedia ‏@cantorpedia

@lindseyannexo You find out the status of their relationship within the first 5 minutes of the episode.

Settle Down ‏@cameoloverx

@cantorpedia is the Brittany/Kitty rivalry already set up in this episode?

Cantorpedia Cantorpedia ‏@cantorpedia

@cameoloverx Kitty is a blatant bitch character, but since the NDs are now popular, they're all friends at first

Cantorpedia ‏@cantorpedia

Sue Sylvester on Kurt - "Gay ex show choir champs can also be depressive sad sacks desperately clinging to the past" #Glee #SeasonFour

You get an "awwww" scene with new character Marley and her mom. #Glee #SeasonFour

Kate Hudson (Cassandra) echoes the bad AND good qualities of Sue. Except she substitutes rum for whey protein. #Glee

@GleekStefani About halfway through, but Sam's been in all the New Directions scenes thus far. Brody and Marley are likable thus far.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/7/2012, 5:30 am

Sue Sylvester on Kurt - "Gay ex show choir champs can also be depressive sad sacks desperately clinging to the past" #Glee #SeasonFour
G*dd*mmit, was that necessary? :angry:
Not only rubbing in that he's a loser, but also that he's a gay loser?
Awful, awful writers.
Who made him a gay loser in the first place? antifana
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/7/2012, 5:41 am

This morning I opened my laptop, started reading spoilers, got very, very angry and sad, wanted to write a rant but just couldn't summon the energy anymore, read through all your posts and felt a bit comforted, I felt understood and not alone, so I decided that Glee was not worth it to get so worked up about, and then I read what Kitty and Sue will say to Kurt and lost it again.....

If it wasn't for Chris, I'd give up on Glee completely. This show is giving me more heartache than joy. I wish I could turn off the emotions: the choice the evil queen made in TLoS seems logical now.
Spoiler:

There's not a swear word big enough for this pile of sh*t. badday

But I want to hug you all, especially the ones who are going through a rough time now. This little community is just wonderful and I'm glad to be a part of it. bisou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/7/2012, 5:54 am

Glorfindel wrote:This morning I opened my laptop, started reading spoilers, got very, very angry and sad, wanted to write a rant but just couldn't summon the energy anymore, read through all your posts and felt a bit comforted, I felt understood and not alone, so I decided that Glee was not worth it to get so worked up about, and then I read what Kitty and Sue will say to Kurt and lost it again.....

If it wasn't for Chris, I'd give up on Glee completely. This show is giving me more heartache than joy. I wish I could turn off the emotions: the choice the evil queen made in TLoS seems logical now.
Spoiler:

There's not a swear word big enough for this pile of sh*t. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 4262052313

But I want to hug you all, especially the ones who are going through a rough time now. This little community is just wonderful and I'm glad to be a part of it. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 3995355489

I think we are friendliest community in the Glee fandom. We snark n' bark but we don't spread hate like other forums do. We don't attack each other either. That is why I love this community as well. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 413578547

I just can't wait to order Chris's new book next month, that is all I am focussed on at the moment. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 3070767216
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/7/2012, 6:35 am

I slept on it but I'm still furious.
WHY?WHy,Chris?Why do you have to be so amazing and force me to go through this torture? badday badday badday badday

Kurt was the real underdog of the show and a character that inspired so many people...maybe the lesson is:if your are an underdog you are screwed.Things don't get better unless you have a perfect boyfriend and a very talentend and kind BFF who take pity of you...

And Kurt sticking around his old high school? SO in character!
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/7/2012, 6:58 am

What can you say. Apparently Kurt is a loser and with a capitol L.

And I hate it how they always conveniently forget that he is a son of an elected official. He wouldn't be working in a cafe or be going to community collage which I'm guessing Kurt is headed in the premier. It would all be bad image, just like Finn being in the army would be a great image and he would be strongly advised not to quite that. This show and their gleeality.

Don't know if this was posted :

In the Glee promos, it seems that Rachel is struggling in her dance class. Is that the only thing she is struggling with at NYADA? I hope not. – Becca (Tumblr)
You’re right, if you’ve seen any of the GLEE promos, you know that the Miss Rachel Berry isn’t necessarily the star she was in Lima, Ohio…or is she? Rachel might be butting heads with dance instructor Cassandra July (played by guest Kate Hudson) but let’s not forget about this girl’s powerhouse vocals. NYADA is competitive and Rachel is feeling the pressure, but don’t count her out yet. I mean if Carmen Tibideaux isn’t, you shouldn’t either. Yes, NYADA is challenging, but it seems like Rachel is struggling more with adjusting to her new life in NYC than anything else. If missing Finn and missing Kurt weren’t enough, she also has to deal with her roommate’s never ending sexcapades and dorm mates that don’t quite understand her extensive moisturizing routine. Rachel’s NYC life isn’t exactly what she dreamed about for all those years back in Ohio.

How do the newbies fare up to the og cast? - @GleekGenica
I think the gleek newbies are going to be winning over fans right from the first episode. Some seem poised (and obviously so) to fill the gaps left by last year’s graduating seniors, where others bring something fresh and new to the halls of McKinley and the streets of NYC. Those missing the presence of Quinn Fabray (the early years) will find comfort in Cheerio Kitty’s (Becca Tobin) high pony and acid-tongue. Girl is harsh. (Like way harsh, Tai). Noah Puckerman may have left McKinley but his half-brother Jake is still kicking around. The two share the same father and the same issues with authority…and the same ability to croon. Wade “Unique” Adams (Alex Newell) is new to McKinley High but not to GLEE fans. Like Jesse St. James before him, Wade has left Vocal Adrenaline for the greener, or at least (seemingly) more welcoming pastures, of New Directions. For me, the season 4 spotlight was squarely focused on Marley Rose (Melissa Benoist). Marley’s beauty and talent naturally compliment her sweet disposition. But don’t mistake her for a pushover. Marley isn’t afraid to stand up for what she thinks is right, even if it means standing alone.

Does the split narrative work? - @cmstevens77
The show within the show does indeed work. The back and forth between NYC and Lima wasn’t jarring or off-putting in any way. I will tell you that like Rachel, I found myself in a New York state of mind. If anything, I felt slightly bummed every time the story brought us back to Ohio. NYC already feels like a slightly more grown-up version of GLEE and I really liked it.

Do we find out what Puck (the classic Puckerman), is doing now that he’s graduated? - ‏@karladan
No mention of Puck’s post-grad whereabouts in this first episode, but rumor has it he’ll be back in the fold soon enough, perhaps talking some sense into his little bro.

Could you tell us if Will/Emma interact at all? - @Saranoh2009
Nope, sorry. The future Mrs. Will Schuester wasn’t anywhere to be found.

Any teasing about Artie would be appreciated Wink - @yettafine
I can tell you that he takes on a new kind of leadership role within the group when Brit, Blaine, Wade and Tina ask him to choose which one should be “the new Rachel”.

Any Klaine one on one convos? - @SamLikesRedSox
Klaine goodbye scene? Klaine kiss? Klaine anything? – @Loveislove101

So, I was wondering…are you guys interested in what’s going on with Kurt & Blaine? My favorite GLEE twosome was at the heart of most of the questions I received from all of you. I’m not going to spill it all, but I will say that Kurt & Blaine are on solid ground. Sorry to say that there were no Klisses, but those boys have nailed the hug like no other (sigh..I know). As for what Kurt has been up to post-McKinley, well it’s hard to say since he spends so much time at his alma mater. He is working, but unfortunately it seems that Sebastian Smythe wasn’t too far off when he talked about Kurt’s future plans. Yes, apron and all my friends. But as any GLEE fan knows, Kurt is NYC bound and it’s Blaine’s encouragement that sends him on his way. Blaine sends Kurt off in style with a courtyard serenade complete with some jump roping, cup’ography and even some stepping. Oh Blainers. No, we didn’t get a Klaine airport send-off, but I say we got something even better because it’s Burt Hummel who brings his boy to the airport. Warning – bring tissues. Mike O’Malley is once again perfection. I was a hot mess of tears.

Please tell me that Blaine is nowhere near any bullying of any character (lunch lady or otherwise). - @Batkonehat
Wish I could, but Blaine is present and accounted for when the kids he’s sitting with at the “cool” table start making fun of the new lunch lady. He doesn’t join in and he does seem uncomfortable, but not enough to stand up for her. The glee kids all like their new-found popularity too much and don’t want to do anything to rock the boat, even if it means going against some of their personal beliefs. As for Blaine, I’ll go as far as to say I was a bit disappointed with him this episode. Where is the Blaine that Kurt met that first day at Dalton? I’d say he was acting too big for his britches, but that kind of goes without saying for Blaine. Have you seen how tiny his britches are? Thankfully Kurt gently reminds him the importance of being a humble leader and I think Blaine took it to heart.

I’d like to know if we see Santana at all. And if she’s mentioned by Brittany most importantly or others. Smile - @DreamsBe
Nope. We didn’t see Santana, but Brittany does via Skype. Unfortunately, Skype doesn’t allow the ladies to enjoy all the aspects of their relationship. And yes, they still have a relationship.

Will Tina get significant focus in the premiere. - @wingster55
You bet! With Rachel gone, Miss Cohen-Chang is ready to seize the spotlight. Remember the stuttering, shy girl we met in season one? Don’t worry, she doesn’t either. There is a fine line between confidence and cockiness and Tina isn’t always falling the right way in this first episode. As for her love life…well, not so good news there.

I know Finn isn’t in the premiere, but is there anything Finchel fans can look forward to in 401? – @breathofair7
Finn isn’t in the episode, but we do see him. Rachel’s iPhone is full of pics of her man. She’s not sure what Finn is up to or where their relationship stands, but she remains committed to him and to them. At least that’s what she tells Brody (newbie Dean Geyer). As for Rachel’s new NYC man, I’ll tell you what you already know – he’s incredibly hot, has a body of a god and can sing like he won Idol (oh, that’s right, Dean Geyer did). But what you might not know is as of now, he’s a really likable guy. Rachel is feeling lost and alone and Brody proves to be a sweet and supportive friend.

We saw pics of Kurt and Rachel reuniting in NYC. Is that in this first episode? – Jess (Tumblr)
Yes! The two besties do finally reunite in NYC and it’s an amazing moment. It was the second time in the episode that I had to reach for the box of tissues. A great moment for fans of Kurt & Rachel. I was so happy they have each other.

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2012/09/06/glee-season-premiere-the-new-rachel-you-ask-i-answer/
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/7/2012, 7:15 am

zuppid wrote:I slept on it but I'm still furious.
WHY?WHy,Chris?Why do you have to be so amazing and force me to go through this torture? Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 4262052313 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 4262052313 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 4262052313 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 4262052313

Kurt was the real underdog of the show and a character that inspired so many people...maybe the lesson is:if your are an underdog you are screwed.Things don't get better unless you have a perfect boyfriend and a very talentend and kind BFF who take pity of you...

And Kurt sticking around his old high school? SO in character!

Just think about what Chris is doing outside of this crappy show, and think that one day he could be bigger than Ryan and all of them some day.

Chris is the success story.

I think maybe Ryan and these stupid writers want us to remember that (though I am probably giving them too much credit, as Ryan has his favourites, and Chris isn't always one of them, probably because he speaks his mind). Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 357632081

They are killing their own show, and they don't even realise it, that is how dumb they are.

The thing is this making more people care about Kurt and wanting him out of this town and away from this school.

This won't make many feel sorry for Rachel, so why bother trying? She already has good things happening for her. What is there to pity?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/7/2012, 7:48 am

from someone who saw the episode - posted on GF

Is Puck mentioned. Do we know if he is still living in Lima?

Puck is mentioned, but in reference to being a former Glee club member. We don't get a real update on what he's doing.

On the whole, this episode is about the NDs still in school, introducing the new characters, and updating you on Rachel and Kurt. You might hear something in passing about the other alumni, but they're not at all a focal point.

Does it seem like they are setting up for a pretty even 50/50 split?

That's probably a fair assessment of this episode, but I can't really answer that yet, because it's going to depend on the manner in which they re-integrate the alumni characters.

But you'll definitely get a lot of Rachel and Kurt, and you'll also get a lot out of at least two of the new characters, who are pushed really hard as big deals in this one.

How many Klaine scenes are in the episode?

They're seen together a few times in the first half of the episode and talk a little bit, but there's one really important scene between the two about 3/4 of the way through.

I saw one report that mentioned Kurt was waiting to start college but others say he's working at The Lima Bean. Was Kurt enrolled in college before he decides to venture to NYC?

He's working at the Lima Bean and wants to reapply to NYADA. He makes a decision regarding his fate in this episode.

Does brody seem like a good match for rachel so far? (Although I know finchel aren't actually broken up yet)

He's a good match in the sense that he seems to offer all the initial qualities that made Rachel like Finn but is also way more into Broadway/theatre. And he's perfectly nice when we first meet him.

But remember, if he were to pursue Rachel, he'd be pursuing a girl whose boyfriend is in the military. So that's pretty messed up, isn't it?

Thanks very much for answering my Kurt question! Another puzzlement for me. One reviewer said they don't cop out on choosing a "new Rachel" but that ultimately they are going to let the audience decide. Can you explain that or do you think that reviewer meant audience reaction via iTunes sales?

I'm sure iTunes sales might have some impact about who's treated as the "star" -- I'm quite confident in saying that the sales for Teenage Dream played a big part in Darren Criss' ascent on the show.

I can't speak for that other person, but what I will say is that the person Artie chooses as the "new Rachel" is not necessarily the character who will end up being the "new Rachel" in the long run (as far as the writing of the show is concerned)

Do we find out the relationship status of Samcedes?

Only reference to Mercedes is in a joke about another character.

What was your favorite musical performance of the episode?
Could you grade each one?

Sorry if you've already answered this, I'm trying so hard to avoid spoilers!

None are better than a B+, but I'd probably put NY State of Mind and Chasing Pavements in that range. Call Me Maybe is awful. It's Time isn't a particularly great performance, but I think this will do a good job of helping to promote Imagine Dragons. Americano/Dance Again is okay at best. Never Say Never is sung well, but it's a pretty weak song, so it's hard for the performance to be "great."

Thank you for answering questions! I would be curious to know if Blaine has any conversations with anyone besides Kurt, or is he only seen in bigger group scenes otherwise? Does he have a segment in the Jacob Ben Israel video besides being one of the people claiming to be the new Rachel?

He doesn't get spotlighted in that video the way Tina and Sam do, but it's possible he has some alone time with Jacob that I didn't recall as notable. He's one of the people to step up as part of the "new" New Directions, so, yeah, he converses with the other members at the lunch table and stuff. He also has a minor conversation with Brittany (that's where she gives the update on Santana).

Was it a strong season starter? Good episode, bad episode, mediocre episode?

Thanks for answering questions by the way Smile

I'd say mediocre. They definitely don't make you instantly fall for the new characters the way you did, on say, Friday Night Lights when they "rebooted" that show, but it's fun getting to meet some people who aren't just complete caricatures of human beings (other than Kate Hudson's character, who really is just a version of Sue Sylvester who drinks alcohol rather than protein--right down to the way she's mean to the kids but also uses her influence to help them at times).

It's not really funny, save for the occasional Brittany line or whatever.

And as much as he could be annoying at times, the show doesn't feel right without Finn in the episode.

Does Rachel have a voice over or how is it explained about her bad roommate?

You get three minor notes on the new roommate. One you see/hear with your own eyes and ears.

Is there any Hummelberry scene?

They're BFFs, so you know they at least talk on the phone

Say something about your favorite moment of the episode and why it's your favorite Smile

I like one of the scenes with Marley and her mom; such a great "aww" moment, and I'm a sucker for those on Glee. I also think Rachel has a good scene late in the episode.

Is there a scene in Kurt's bedroom? I was on the Paramount lot during the filming of 401 and Kurt's bedroom set was there.

Not that I recall

Thank you so much for doing this! I do have two questions, one of which you might not be able to answer.

1. (the easy one) How is Marley in terms of vocal classification? Is she more of a straight Broadway sings (like the way Cheno and Lindsay Pearce were) or more of a pop/rock Broadway singer (like Lea is)? Would you say she'd be able to vocally carry a good portion of the show?

2. (the harder one, depending on your background knowledge) How is New York and NYADA portrayed in relation to the real New York and a real musical theatre school/program? Is it simplified for the audience, as Glee tends to do, or do they make references and work the same way you'd imagine a school like Tisch would work?

Thanks again!

1 - Marley's got a very pretty voice, but she makes it clear she's NOT trying to be super Broadway like Rachel. And so I think that hurts her performances a little bit, because even though she sings so well (and will probably be better at pop songs), it doesn't stand out as much as Rachel's.

2 - I'm from NYC, but you don't get too much a sense of how they're portraying the city overall in this episode. I don't know as much about the performing arts schools unfortunately, and the rigor of NYADA is what gets spotlighted here.

Did Melissa Benoist's voice and her character Marley leave you rooting for her character?

You get some good emotional stuff with Marley early on, and she bonds with one of the NDs over a common thing in their upbringing, but they kind of "rush" her integration into the show.

How badly are the ND kids behaving now that they are (temporarily) popular? Who do you think that crossed the line, if anyone did?

I don't want to give specifics here, but it will come down to what your opinion of crossing the line is.

Is it making fun of someone? Is it taking advantage of others? Or is it telling someone that they need to hide who they are when they're in public because it might hurt the group's image?

You get all three in this ep.

-- But this is as much as them being confused and unfamiliar with popularity as it is them being "cruel." The "bullying" is not as bad as I might have made it sound; it's definitely not something that warrants people freaking out at the writers on Twitter.

I see. Are all the ND kids involved in this?

Some more than others, but there's a prevailing sense that none of them see themselves as the underdog outcasts who need to fight for diversity/equality/etc.

Did you think Blaine's actions on this episode were OOC?

To some degree, but in fairness, his character has never been a national champion in a school that cherishes national champions before.

But acts like himself on the important matters.

Who is singing on "Chasing Pavement" and do we get any follow up with Tina's part in the episode "Props" concerning her involvement in the club?

Tina does reference Rachel's implication that she would be the "new Rachel" after graduation.

And I didn't want to give too much away on Chasing Pavement since it's an important scene.

By the end of the episode do you get the feeling that Kurt has given up on his broadway dreams?

From the get-go, Kurt is fully committed to reapplying to the NYADA. But he also seems a little defeated and comfortable back in Lima.

@cantorpedia Blaine issue with image ? you mean the guy who danced at prom with his boyfriend wearing a kilt ?

@Korydwen2 That Blaine wasn't popular

About Unique:

@cantorpedia hahaha so does that mean that she doesnt need to audition? Smile btw is she bullied for actin as if she ws a girl at Mckinley?

@beinggleek She's someone they'd be lucky to have in the group, although not everyone is so excited at the idea. Can't say much more.

@cantorpedia Please tell me they are not making Blaine transphobic? PLEASE?

@Honey_Dont The characters aren't necessarily changing deep down, but they're going to experience the cost of being popular.

@GotCannedHeat @Honey_Dont The ND characters are more conscious and concerned about others' prejudices towards people who are "different."
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/7/2012, 8:10 am

tanita_mors wrote:from someone who saw the episode - posted on GF

Is Puck mentioned. Do we know if he is still living in Lima?

Puck is mentioned, but in reference to being a former Glee club member. We don't get a real update on what he's doing.

On the whole, this episode is about the NDs still in school, introducing the new characters, and updating you on Rachel and Kurt. You might hear something in passing about the other alumni, but they're not at all a focal point.

Does it seem like they are setting up for a pretty even 50/50 split?

That's probably a fair assessment of this episode, but I can't really answer that yet, because it's going to depend on the manner in which they re-integrate the alumni characters.

But you'll definitely get a lot of Rachel and Kurt, and you'll also get a lot out of at least two of the new characters, who are pushed really hard as big deals in this one.

How many Klaine scenes are in the episode?

They're seen together a few times in the first half of the episode and talk a little bit, but there's one really important scene between the two about 3/4 of the way through.

I saw one report that mentioned Kurt was waiting to start college but others say he's working at The Lima Bean. Was Kurt enrolled in college before he decides to venture to NYC?

He's working at the Lima Bean and wants to reapply to NYADA. He makes a decision regarding his fate in this episode.

Does brody seem like a good match for rachel so far? (Although I know finchel aren't actually broken up yet)

He's a good match in the sense that he seems to offer all the initial qualities that made Rachel like Finn but is also way more into Broadway/theatre. And he's perfectly nice when we first meet him.

But remember, if he were to pursue Rachel, he'd be pursuing a girl whose boyfriend is in the military. So that's pretty messed up, isn't it?

Thanks very much for answering my Kurt question! Another puzzlement for me. One reviewer said they don't cop out on choosing a "new Rachel" but that ultimately they are going to let the audience decide. Can you explain that or do you think that reviewer meant audience reaction via iTunes sales?

I'm sure iTunes sales might have some impact about who's treated as the "star" -- I'm quite confident in saying that the sales for Teenage Dream played a big part in Darren Criss' ascent on the show.

I can't speak for that other person, but what I will say is that the person Artie chooses as the "new Rachel" is not necessarily the character who will end up being the "new Rachel" in the long run (as far as the writing of the show is concerned)

Do we find out the relationship status of Samcedes?

Only reference to Mercedes is in a joke about another character.

What was your favorite musical performance of the episode?
Could you grade each one?

Sorry if you've already answered this, I'm trying so hard to avoid spoilers!

None are better than a B+, but I'd probably put NY State of Mind and Chasing Pavements in that range. Call Me Maybe is awful. It's Time isn't a particularly great performance, but I think this will do a good job of helping to promote Imagine Dragons. Americano/Dance Again is okay at best. Never Say Never is sung well, but it's a pretty weak song, so it's hard for the performance to be "great."

Thank you for answering questions! I would be curious to know if Blaine has any conversations with anyone besides Kurt, or is he only seen in bigger group scenes otherwise? Does he have a segment in the Jacob Ben Israel video besides being one of the people claiming to be the new Rachel?

He doesn't get spotlighted in that video the way Tina and Sam do, but it's possible he has some alone time with Jacob that I didn't recall as notable. He's one of the people to step up as part of the "new" New Directions, so, yeah, he converses with the other members at the lunch table and stuff. He also has a minor conversation with Brittany (that's where she gives the update on Santana).

Was it a strong season starter? Good episode, bad episode, mediocre episode?

Thanks for answering questions by the way Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 650269930

I'd say mediocre. They definitely don't make you instantly fall for the new characters the way you did, on say, Friday Night Lights when they "rebooted" that show, but it's fun getting to meet some people who aren't just complete caricatures of human beings (other than Kate Hudson's character, who really is just a version of Sue Sylvester who drinks alcohol rather than protein--right down to the way she's mean to the kids but also uses her influence to help them at times).

It's not really funny, save for the occasional Brittany line or whatever.

And as much as he could be annoying at times, the show doesn't feel right without Finn in the episode.

Does Rachel have a voice over or how is it explained about her bad roommate?

You get three minor notes on the new roommate. One you see/hear with your own eyes and ears.

Is there any Hummelberry scene?

They're BFFs, so you know they at least talk on the phone

Say something about your favorite moment of the episode and why it's your favorite Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 650269930

I like one of the scenes with Marley and her mom; such a great "aww" moment, and I'm a sucker for those on Glee. I also think Rachel has a good scene late in the episode.

Is there a scene in Kurt's bedroom? I was on the Paramount lot during the filming of 401 and Kurt's bedroom set was there.

Not that I recall

Thank you so much for doing this! I do have two questions, one of which you might not be able to answer.

1. (the easy one) How is Marley in terms of vocal classification? Is she more of a straight Broadway sings (like the way Cheno and Lindsay Pearce were) or more of a pop/rock Broadway singer (like Lea is)? Would you say she'd be able to vocally carry a good portion of the show?

2. (the harder one, depending on your background knowledge) How is New York and NYADA portrayed in relation to the real New York and a real musical theatre school/program? Is it simplified for the audience, as Glee tends to do, or do they make references and work the same way you'd imagine a school like Tisch would work?

Thanks again!

1 - Marley's got a very pretty voice, but she makes it clear she's NOT trying to be super Broadway like Rachel. And so I think that hurts her performances a little bit, because even though she sings so well (and will probably be better at pop songs), it doesn't stand out as much as Rachel's.

2 - I'm from NYC, but you don't get too much a sense of how they're portraying the city overall in this episode. I don't know as much about the performing arts schools unfortunately, and the rigor of NYADA is what gets spotlighted here.

Did Melissa Benoist's voice and her character Marley leave you rooting for her character?

You get some good emotional stuff with Marley early on, and she bonds with one of the NDs over a common thing in their upbringing, but they kind of "rush" her integration into the show.

How badly are the ND kids behaving now that they are (temporarily) popular? Who do you think that crossed the line, if anyone did?

I don't want to give specifics here, but it will come down to what your opinion of crossing the line is.

Is it making fun of someone? Is it taking advantage of others? Or is it telling someone that they need to hide who they are when they're in public because it might hurt the group's image?

You get all three in this ep.

-- But this is as much as them being confused and unfamiliar with popularity as it is them being "cruel." The "bullying" is not as bad as I might have made it sound; it's definitely not something that warrants people freaking out at the writers on Twitter.

I see. Are all the ND kids involved in this?

Some more than others, but there's a prevailing sense that none of them see themselves as the underdog outcasts who need to fight for diversity/equality/etc.

Did you think Blaine's actions on this episode were OOC?

To some degree, but in fairness, his character has never been a national champion in a school that cherishes national champions before.

But acts like himself on the important matters.

Who is singing on "Chasing Pavement" and do we get any follow up with Tina's part in the episode "Props" concerning her involvement in the club?

Tina does reference Rachel's implication that she would be the "new Rachel" after graduation.

And I didn't want to give too much away on Chasing Pavement since it's an important scene.

By the end of the episode do you get the feeling that Kurt has given up on his broadway dreams?

From the get-go, Kurt is fully committed to reapplying to the NYADA. But he also seems a little defeated and comfortable back in Lima.

@cantorpedia Blaine issue with image ? you mean the guy who danced at prom with his boyfriend wearing a kilt ?

@Korydwen2 That Blaine wasn't popular

About Unique:

@cantorpedia hahaha so does that mean that she doesnt need to audition? Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 650269930 btw is she bullied for actin as if she ws a girl at Mckinley?

@beinggleek She's someone they'd be lucky to have in the group, although not everyone is so excited at the idea. Can't say much more.

@cantorpedia Please tell me they are not making Blaine transphobic? PLEASE?

@Honey_Dont The characters aren't necessarily changing deep down, but they're going to experience the cost of being popular.

@GotCannedHeat @Honey_Dont The ND characters are more conscious and concerned about others' prejudices towards people who are "different."

I don't like hearing that Kurt is given up and is comfortable in Lima because that is beyond ridiculous and isn't the Kurt we know of from season 1, it's like they are re-writing Kurt and that is stupid.

Those idiots must think all us Kurt fans have amnesia or something. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/7/2012, 8:40 am

Why do I have the urge to go into hiding for a full week, untill all this over and we know that Kurt is in New York? Mad

Okay, I'll take Brian's advice and close my laptop for a little while:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 Tumblr_m6wc0pCsz41rnvuxvo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/7/2012, 9:01 am

It's so out of character that i want to scream!
I feel stupid for being so upset over a tvShow but i can't help it.
I'm going to pet my cat and relax a little before I return to my books Rolling Eyes

[quote="ColferInspired"]
zuppid wrote:I slept on it but I'm still furious.
This won't make many feel sorry for Rachel, so why bother trying? She already has good things happening for her. What is there to pity?
banzai banzai banzai banzai banzai banzai

and in what way is she this HUUUUUGE inspiration for the underdogs?A pretty girl who finds everything under her pillow...sure she is talented and works hard but she's also super-lucky

Last edited by zuppid on 9/7/2012, 9:43 am; edited 2 times in total
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 9/7/2012, 9:16 am

Kurt's been pretty OOC these last 2 season, well maybe not so much in S2, but S3 was the worst, imo.

What happened to this Kurt... sigh.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 Tumblr_m4aboexg671qk71sao1_250 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 Tumblr_m4aboexg671qk71sao5_250

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 Tumblr_m8uyx3kcu91qg4e7no1_250 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 Tumblr_m8uyx3kcu91qg4e7no2_250

Don't get me wrong I still love Kurt, but I love S1 Kurt more.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/7/2012, 9:24 am

Wow, these Glee writers are determined to assassinate Kurt's character, aren't they? The 'Kurt working at Lima Bean' spoiler makes me want to hurt them so, so bad. Evil or Very Mad

So...

Kurt starts out in Lima, having no freaking clue about what to do, and no back up plans-- check
Kurt helping out Mr Schue in the McKinley choir room-- check
Kurt being down and depressed and defeated (until his bf gives him the COURAGE to go to NYC)-- check
Kurt working in freaking Lima Bean-- check

What other worse case scenarios have we predicted after the finale?

At least we don't have Sebastian Smythe calling Kurt a loser to his face while Kurt wears that bloody Lima Bean apron (I'm only saying this because I haven't heard anything about Grant Gustin returning on the show; the writers would've totally gone there if they could, I bet).

So, if we can't have Sebastian insult Kurt, let's have Sue Sylvester and new bitchy cheerleader do that. Because, you know, we need to 'explore Kurt's resilience' by rubbing salt into Kurt's wounds and have people call him a gay loser, or underachiever or WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE WRITERS THINKING???!!!!!!!

*deep breaths*

Glass half-full mentality... We get a Burt send-off at the airport. Kurt gets into NYC at the end of the first episode.

If I see anymore spoilers about another character on the show spewing insults at Kurt again (while Kurt just quietly takes it in like a meek little doormat), I'm going to figure out how to use twitter and send some not-nice tweets to deserving parties.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 9/7/2012, 10:50 am

^ Sigh, i have pretty much given up on giving feedback to writers via twitter. I doubt those efforts will be useful. To me, Glee is already a lost cause now. However, feel free to do so if you have the energy and time for that. Even though the writers might not listen to us, at least we tried to get their attention.

Boy, these kurt spoilers for ep 1 sounds awful. Working at lima bean with no back-up plans ? Yeah, that definitely sounds like the Kurt that i know dryy Why can't they at least make him apply for some part time courses in a local community college?! God, this show is ridiculous i can't even ... antifana tronco

I bet kurt goes to NYC in that ep without any plans. SMH. Besides, the new choir room sounds boring. I am not sure if i am going to waste my time on watching S4 premiere. Maybe i'll only watch the kurt/burt scene. Sorry, Chris.

Btw, does anyone know how many eps will SJP be in? Kurt/ Isabelle scenes is one of the few things i'm looking forward to see in this season. So far, i only know that she'll appear in ep 3.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/7/2012, 12:42 pm

I think they have Kurt rock-bottom, and comfortable with it, so any victory he gets will be like a match in a dark room. So they don't have to give him anything like the supernovas they give Rachel, she is a star, after all, but it seems like he gets something because he came from such a low point.

Glee is great at inconsistent characterizations, Blaine is a prime example of that. I loved dapper Blaine, even with his hogging of the spotlight. Younger, I don't know what I am doing, but still give me all the songs, Blaine-not so much. Telling us Mr. Schue is the best teacher, always wins favorite teacher awards but showing us blatant favoritism, and giving the same people the spotlight is inconsistent.

I guess we should count ourselves lucky that Kurt, after a devastating blow, took a breather to gather himself, even if it is at a stupid job. He knows he at least gets to see him boyfriend to get his caffeine fix, and won't be covered in grease like at the shop. Doesn't really matter, because at the end of the ep he is going to NY, and soon he will have a real job, although interns fetch coffee too, so perhaps it is all done to set up a joke later on. "I'm in NY, dressed fabulously, but I'm still getting the coffee."

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/7/2012, 1:03 pm

Reading through all these spoilers (and Jeez, but there are just scads of them, aren't there?) reveals to me two very significant facts that just jump out at me.

First of all, Rachel's storyline is rapidly decreasing in any kind of real drama. By making Cassandra an unreasonable villian with no legidimate criticisms and motivated by jealousy (rather than have her be a dedicated professional who is upset that Rachel was allowed in as a special case) and giving her Ms. Tibideaux as her champion, there is no question that any of Rachel's "struggles" at NYADA will be short-lived and she'll quickly be recognized as the great talent that she is ( vomit2 ). Her struggles are all social - getting along with other students, fitting in, deciding between hot new guy vs Finn. And that means absolutely nothing to me. It's all fluff. Pure fantasy for the tween girls who dream of being the perfect girl that everyone admires and is jealous of and has the good looking guys fighting over her. Likely if she quits NYADA, it won't be because she actually is allowed to fail at something, but because she decides that she just doesn't need them. If a mean, unreasonable teacher and a roommate that has to bang every guy she meets is the worst Rachel has to handle, she should be counting her blessings. But she'll make the sad puppy face and the audience is expected to pity the girl who got everything that she ever wanted but now sees that it's not quite as perfect as she would have imagined. Poor baby...

Kurt, on the other hand, has been handed a very real and very painful challenge and didn't have anyone waving fairy dust over him to make it all better. He's dealing with the bitter rejection from NYADA and (unrealistically IMO) having no other real plans so he's more or less spinning his wheels in Lima. He's been labeled as the Lima Loser ( badday ) and right now is in about as bad a places as he could be (outside of having a homopathic bully having him fear for his life). But Kurt's challenges are significant and his decisions are important. He still wants the Broadway career (at least at first). He's feeling a bit lost and clearly emotionally battered, but he's not just sitting at home and moping. Working at the Lima Bean sucks, but it's made clear that for Kurt this is temporary and at least it gives him a reason to get out of bed every day (instead of sitting in his room alone, moping all the time). He's going to climb out of that pit and whatever his achievements are in NY, he'll be earning them due to his own talent. His challenges aren't manufactured the way Rachel's are (and in the end basically meaningless). His are real and substantial and they matter. I want to see how Kurt rises to meets them.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/7/2012, 1:30 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

Awful, awful writers.

Surprisingly, this line doesn't outrage me all that much. One thing about Sue is that she's doesn't pull punches, even with her favorites. She's a firm believer that even the bitterest medicine doesn't need sugar to get down and she's giving Kurt a serious dose of it. If Kurt is hanging around McKinely like some kind of sad ghost of glory past and feeling sorry for himself, she's going to call him on it because she knows that he's better than that. She's not going to coddle him to make him feel better. She's goint to snap at him to pull himself out of it and figure out what he's going to do with his life or he's going to end up like Patches the wino. And maybe that's just what he needs. Because whatever Burt and Blaine are doing for Kurt isn't cutting it, apparently.

Maybe pointing out that he's gay wasn't necessary, but Sue has always been the queen of the pointed putdown and she'll get her digs in however she can. But I don't think she's being necessarily cruel here. It seems more like she's giving Kurt a verbal variation of a smack upside the head to shake him out of his depression.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/7/2012, 2:04 pm

I have had time to think about the Kurt that the writers see and the Kurt that we see: there is a huge difference and it's now really starting show. RIB+ sees Kurt as a efficient emoter and mainly a meager human, which would be excellent and fabuous in a drama where all the characters are human and emotional but in the context of Glee Kurt sticks out like hell. His fate and journey has been great in the dramatic arc but he's been the only one whos humanity is allowed to show. Finn gets it every now and then when his storyline isn't connected with Rachel.

And what now baffles me extremely is the fact that they (hopefully still not) are doing the same they are doing to the others and giving up on the continuity. Of course again in the dramatic story telling we can assume that Kurt suffers from slight depression which is not eased at all by him being ridiculed about matters that he thought he would have left behind by now. And dramatic situations can change and diminish persons initiative and coping mechanisms but again this is Glee and Kurt should not suffer real person traumas...but he does.

And some of that blame lands on us Kurtsies: we want Kurt to be great and good but being great and good acting wise will not be fully realised in comedy only. The best comedies always have that slight dramatic side dish and Kurt has been nothing but that working dramatic side dish. We love to see Chris act drama but then, my self included, when we get it we suffer as well. I have to admit that seeing someone suffer a name calling, down grading and depression is the most efficient drama that there is but pain is just too visible on a show like Glee. Kurt can be seen by the writers as quite slight, weak person, a feminine man that can not survive without some sort of support: first his dad , later Blaine. Now that is just some sort of misogyny or that often mentioned effeminophobia.

We as fans see Kurt as independent since his dad was not so on board of supportive train from the very first moments since his moms death and we also see Kurt much more stronger than Blaine since Blaine has not been given a veritable backround. Also the writers have given us a very determinate young man. We might not have agreed with his decisions but he's still had those original ideas and wishes and means as how to execute those plans.

I guess my personal need to rationalise has led me to the conclusion that Kurt has the shit job of being the only/sole dramatic factor of Glee and therefore will always stand-out on the suffering front. Just wishing our heads can play and hang along. I might feel the need to give up on Glee but can not because the drama Kurt gives me is good, as good as heart wrenching stories can be. And we are sometimes too needy and demanding for our own good. Still Sue turning so viciously against her Porcelain is mind blowing and simply cruel...can not believe it until I see the context. Sue without context always looks bad.

Last edited by valkeakuulas on 9/7/2012, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/7/2012, 2:06 pm

glee writes 2 types of characters only: the super-bitch and the non-bitch. comedies are derived from super bitches firing "fun" insults at others, usually making fun of the person's looks or failure. It gets old.

The silver lining I got from all these spoilers is that Kurt will have plenty of screen time. I am going to watch Kurt doing whatever - even scrubbing toilets in fabulous designer outfits. Like I said before, if Chris plays a hero I will watch him; if Chris plays a bum I will watch him; if he plays a mental patient, a serial murderer, a CIA agent, a traitor, a cab driver, a cook, a doctor ... whatever, I will watch him. If his character gets shot I will watch it; if his character plays baseball I will watch it (and I hate sports movies); if his character plays xxx scene I will watch it; I will watch him period, in any role, in any show.

now I feel better.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/7/2012, 2:08 pm

Today's poster:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 38 CBa16

Didn't they have Finn w/ someone else (Sam??) already?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/7/2012, 2:29 pm

^Yes, they are using several characters a second time.

Divalicious wrote:I think they have Kurt rock-bottom, and comfortable with it, so any victory he gets will be like a match in a dark room. So they don't have to give him anything like the supernovas they give Rachel, she is a star, after all, but it seems like he gets something because he came from such a low point.
banzai ^This.
Let Kurt starve so he'll be thankful for crumbs, while Rachel gets the bread and butter, but wants cake instead. dryy

Ranwing wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Awful, awful writers.

Surprisingly, this line doesn't outrage me all that much. One thing about Sue is that she's doesn't pull punches, even with her favorites. She's a firm believer that even the bitterest medicine doesn't need sugar to get down and she's giving Kurt a serious dose of it. If Kurt is hanging around McKinely like some kind of sad ghost of glory past and feeling sorry for himself, she's going to call him on it because she knows that he's better than that. She's not going to coddle him to make him feel better. She's goint to snap at him to pull himself out of it and figure out what he's going to do with his life or he's going to end up like Patches the wino. And maybe that's just what he needs. Because whatever Burt and Blaine are doing for Kurt isn't cutting it, apparently.

Maybe pointing out that he's gay wasn't necessary, but Sue has always been the queen of the pointed putdown and she'll get her digs in however she can. But I don't think she's being necessarily cruel here. It seems more like she's giving Kurt a verbal variation of a smack upside the head to shake him out of his depression.
I know it's Sue, but it's still the writers writing it, and I'm so sick of it. It's always "my best gay", "my gay stepbrother", and Kurt should not be defined all the time as being gay and nothing else. Espeially not when there's another gay guy walking around at McKinley who does not get defined as gay, who never has problems with being gay, who always wins and who is loved by everyone.
Both Kitty and Sue seem to connect Kurt's bad predicament to him being gay, and I just don't see that connection, unless they want to revisit the fact that Kurt got discriminated a lot because he's effeminate gay, but they never do.

I wrote this somewhere else:
Sue caring for Kurt would have been a plausible explanation for her comment, if it weren't for that horrible storyline of Sue wanting to put Kurt in a dress for Nationals, and when he refused she denied him his solo. Maybe Kurt not getting that solo was even part of the reason why Carmen did not pick Kurt for NYADA, as all she saw at Nationals was Rachel getting all and Kurt swaying in the back ground (not that the writers ever thought about that).
I won't deny that apparently Kurt needs the wake-up call to get out of his funk (although I think it's OOC for him to still be stuck in Lima), but no, even if they will try to make Sue 'care' for Kurt again, I won't buy it. Just like with Santana: there is only so much 'funny' insults you can give a character before this character loses all sympathy.

Oh, and it's not so much that I object to Sue depicting Kurt as a Lima loser being stuck in the past, but it's adding the "gay" to it. In season 3 Kurt got spit out for being gay numerous times, and being (effeminate) gay got stuck to him as a very negative disadvantage. I'm sick and tired of tacking the word "gay" to everything Kurt does, and these writers should know better by now. First they make him lose almost everything because he's 'too gay', and now they keep mentioning him being gay when they talk about him still moping in Lima. They still have to add the "gay" part, as if that, and that alone, defines Kurt. Replace "gay" with "black", "Asian" or "cripple", and think about how rude and unnecessary that is.
They dropped the ball last season by never again addressing Kurt being effeminate and gay as being a large part of his struggles. Now it seems that they have no intention of solving that or revisiting that either, but they cannot just let him be a guy who has to get over not getting into his colllege of choice. RIB are still not learning. They will never seperate the guy from the gay. They will never let Kurt be a real boy. And yes, in the light of how RIB like to prance with the gay posterboy acclaim: that's pissing me off.
They will never learn, will they? They will never seperate the guy from the gay. Kurt will never be a real boy.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 9/7/2012, 3:22 pm

Hello everyone. This is OT but I just wanted to let you all know that Monday onwards I'm gonna be going to many different places and meeting diff people everyday to get experience and observe in the field of Psychology and social work and stuff to get things in my life going so I probably won't be coming on the forums as often to read and reply, especially during the day. I'll be able to come at night though. So just wanted everyone to know I'll miss you all but will try to log on as much as I can at night and whenever possible and don't worry about me Smile. xoxo

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/7/2012, 5:06 pm

^ good luck w/ your career thingie. xoxo back! and see you soon - at Vampire hours. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 9/7/2012, 5:47 pm

fantastica wrote:^ good luck w/ your career thingie. xoxo back! and see you soon - at Vampire hours. Razz

Thanks hun! Smile

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next