Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

+17
ColferGirl
ChrisColferFan1
Sani
Divalicious
Buenos
ladydianab
brisallie
sahhar
BlueJazz
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Jellyrolls
Emile
Delight
fantastica
ColferInspired
arina
21 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

Post  fantastica 7/21/2012, 5:09 pm

^ my intepretation of that sign language, based on the way his mouth is moving, is "I will lick you later". Razz

ptdr
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

Post  fantastica 7/21/2012, 5:26 pm

fans doing hte single ladies flash mob for chris at IL signing yesterday:

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/21/2012, 5:30 pm

the following pics are from book signing at Barbara's Bookstore (Macy's), Chicago, IL this afternoon:

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7ixpzAB2Y1rqhjijo1_500

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7izhtyE011qiw4c8o1_500

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7izmdJ1PI1rqhjijo1_500

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7izsyysgU1qlv7bko1_500

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/21/2012, 5:33 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7j1vnBKLO1qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7j1vnBKLO1qe476yo2_500

at first I thought it was Tom the bodyguard but he wasn't wearing any wrist bands on other photos so maybe it's just another fan, but the tatoo looks just like Tom's.

p.s. that guy IS Tom (aka Hellboy, aka Baloo, aka Chris' bodyguard).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/21/2012, 6:52 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7j5987WJu1r0xlw1o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/21/2012, 7:08 pm

wow, green shirt, blue shirt, purple shirt,... chris sure likes that same cut doesn't he. looks smoking, but lose the undershirt bb. lets see some of that nice chest i just know you have
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/21/2012, 10:01 pm

tanita_mors wrote:wow, green shirt, blue shirt, purple shirt,... chris sure likes that same cut doesn't he. looks smoking, but lose the undershirt bb. lets see some of that nice chest i just know you have

He should ripped off those undershirts but being honest, he won't be the same without them. Probably we will ask to ourselves what's going on with him actually Razz blinkk

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7j45iBTH81qinw7bo4_1280
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7j3u4QIDk1qinw7bo1_500
Chris Colfer book tour @ Barbara’s Bookstore (Macy’s) - 7/21
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/21/2012, 11:28 pm

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/21/2012, 11:29 pm

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/21/2012, 11:30 pm

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/22/2012, 2:46 am

^

ohmy I recognize that girl who gave Chris the crown! She's the same who said to him how proud his fans were of him during the SBL premiere, or I think it was during another event related to the movie. Anyway I'm sure she's.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/22/2012, 4:42 am

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7jl5wawGm1qj0z82o1_500

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7jk63aim01qj0z82o1_500

Source

glee’ star is bringing buzz to la verne
Chris Colfer, a star of the hit TV series “Glee,” is headed to a local bookstore to promote his new children’s book, “The Land of Stories.”
Colfer will sign his book Friday at Mrs. Nelson’s, 1030 Bonita Ave. “Glee” fans, who are known as Gleeks, are expected to swarm the store.
Based on inquiries, 600 people are expected, which would make the event among the largest at the store since its 1985 founding. But while Mrs. Nelson’s has seen fans of an author trek from neighboring states, Colfer’s appearance may go international.
“What freaked me out,” confided general manager Andrea Vuleta, “is there are people coming from Japan for this.”
Japan? Yes. Three or four people emailed or phoned from Japan to ask for details about the event and say they’re coming.
“They’re huge fans and they want the chance to meet him,” Vuleta said. “A lot of people do.”
Some fans from Mexico have also told the store to expect them, all for the chance to meet Colfer for a few seconds.
Vuleta admits she didn’t know who Colfer was when she was approached to host him at the store. But she said yes, and she was glad she did once she read and enjoyed his book - a 448-page fairytale mashup meant for middle readers, ages 8 and up - and saw the affection for him at a publishing convention.
I didn’t know who he was either, but it turns out he plays a character named Kurt, an openly
gay student on the Fox series. Colfer, 22, won a Golden Globe last year as best supporting actor.
His only other Southern California tour stop is at the Grove in L.A. on Thursday. After Mrs. Nelson’s, he’s headed to Ohio (the La Verne of the Midwest).
At Mrs. Nelson’s, Colfer will do one thing only: sign copies of the book, up to three per person, purchased only at the store. He will chat briefly with fans but will not pose for photos.
Imagine having a camera flash go off in your eyes 600 times in one evening and you’ll understand.
The store sold 300 copies of the book by reservation before its release Tuesday and expects to sell several hundred more.
The line for the 6 p.m. event will not form until 3 p.m. This will give the visitors from Japan and Mexico much of the day to explore La Verne’s tourist attractions.
May I recommend the full-sized Liberty Bell replica and the In-N-Out with the double drive-through?
“People can show up earlier than 3, but they won’t know where the line starts,” Vuleta said impishly. “We won’t start the line until 3. They’ll just have to mill around the store.”
There are worse ways to spend an afternoon.
Source
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/22/2012, 8:39 am

fantastica wrote:ooh these photos!!!

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7e59c0ExI1qaywkeo8_1280

Guh.... NECK......

The 'guh' sound is the sound of me drooling in an embarrassing manner. Embarassed

And why do I sound like a zombie? ooppss

Sigh... the state that Chris can reduce his fans to...

arina wrote:
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7jl5wawGm1qj0z82o1_500

Chris almost looks like he's glowing in this photo wub Gives meaning to the word 'ethereal'.

I envy those people who can witness this in person.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/22/2012, 11:43 am

^ mr. colfer is in communication w/ an angelic being. Smile

Glee’ star is bringing buzz to La Verne

Chris Colfer, a star of the hit TV series “Glee,” is headed to a local bookstore to promote his new children’s book, “The Land of Stories.”

Colfer will sign his book Friday at Mrs. Nelson’s, 1030 Bonita Ave. “Glee” fans, who are known as Gleeks, are expected to swarm the store.

Based on inquiries, 600 people are expected, which would make the event among the largest at the store since its 1985 founding. But while Mrs. Nelson’s has seen fans of an author trek from neighboring states, Colfer’s appearance may go international.

“What freaked me out,” confided general manager Andrea Vuleta, “is there are people coming from Japan for this.”

Japan? Yes. Three or four people emailed or phoned from Japan to ask for details about the event and say they’re coming.

“They’re huge fans and they want the chance to meet him,” Vuleta said. “A lot of people do.”

Some fans from Mexico have also told the store to expect them, all for the chance to meet Colfer for a few seconds.

Vuleta admits she didn’t know who Colfer was when she was approached to host him at the store. But she said yes, and she was glad she did once she read and enjoyed his book - a 448-page fairytale mashup meant for middle readers, ages 8 and up - and saw the affection for him at a publishing convention.

I didn’t know who he was either, but it turns out he plays a character named Kurt, an openly

gay student on the Fox series. Colfer, 22, won a Golden Globe last year as best supporting actor.

His only other Southern California tour stop is at the Grove in L.A. on Thursday. After Mrs. Nelson’s, he’s headed to Ohio (the La Verne of the Midwest).

At Mrs. Nelson’s, Colfer will do one thing only: sign copies of the book, up to three per person, purchased only at the store. He will chat briefly with fans but will not pose for photos.

Imagine having a camera flash go off in your eyes 600 times in one evening and you’ll understand.

The store sold 300 copies of the book by reservation before its release Tuesday and expects to sell several hundred more.

The line for the 6 p.m. event will not form until 3 p.m. This will give the visitors from Japan and Mexico much of the day to explore La Verne’s tourist attractions.

May I recommend the full-sized Liberty Bell replica and the In-N-Out with the double drive-through?

“People can show up earlier than 3, but they won’t know where the line starts,” Vuleta said impishly. “We won’t start the line until 3. They’ll just have to mill around the store.”

There are worse ways to spend an afternoon.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_21127431/glee-star-is-bringing-buzz-la-verne
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/22/2012, 11:55 am

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7jsuewldX1qgfb58o2_250
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/22/2012, 12:04 pm

I hope we get a pic of him holding a book like that in every shirt color he will wear. I hope the next one is red. blushh
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 7/22/2012, 12:39 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7jkv9nnHG1qmhzq7o1_r1_250 The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7jkv9nnHG1qmhzq7o2_r1_250
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7jkv9nnHG1qmhzq7o3_r1_250 The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7jkv9nnHG1qmhzq7o4_r1_250
Apparently he got a ring.
No idea if this has been posted here before.

Last edited by Sani on 7/22/2012, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/22/2012, 12:40 pm

^ Chris, you can wear a ring on another finger, or on the other hand, so nobody will think you are NOT still single.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 7/22/2012, 2:12 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7kn34HfVa1qgyzvzo1_250 The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7kn34HfVa1qgyzvzo2_250
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7kn34HfVa1qgyzvzo3_250 The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7kn34HfVa1qgyzvzo4_250
And he got a crown also Razz
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 7/22/2012, 3:02 pm

I thought that it was interesting how he politely ignored the requests to put the crown on (although I wonder why he didn't, he was very nice and at least didn't say no). And he put the ring on his left hand and not on any other finger. Most people I see try on rings do several fingers before moving on. I guess he really wants to make sure that people know that he is indeed single.

Did I read somewhere that he did not want kids? I assume he wants a partner in life (although he is to young to settle down). That would be sad if it is true he does not want kids. He is too awesome and brilliant to not have an offspring.

So has anyone else bought the book, ebook and audiobook? I feel like I have really overdone it. I don't want to mark up hard copy so when I have a passage I like I highlight on my ereader and then I can share it via twitter/facebook. The audiobook is just to listen to his voice. I tried to follow along while he read but I just got impatient with him not keeping up with me reading!!LOL.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/22/2012, 3:31 pm

And he put the ring on his left hand and not on any other finger. Most people I see try on rings do several fingers before moving on. I guess he really wants to make sure that people know that he is indeed single.

So if someone put a ring on his left hand if means they're single? I'm sorry but I didn't know they're codes for putting rings on your hands.

Did I read somewhere that he did not want kids? I assume he wants a partner in life (although he is to young to settle down). That would be sad if it is true he does not want kids. He is too awesome and brilliant to not have an offspring.

We still don't know what he's going to think into some years. Life change. At the end you never know what's gonna happen, unless you have a crystal ball.

P.S When I saw the video I wanted Chris to put the crown on his head, but I understand if he didn't want to do that Razz

I hope we get a pic of him holding a book like that in every shirt color he will wear. I hope the next one is red.

Yeah!!! red good looks on him.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/22/2012, 3:59 pm

when i was young i thought i would be totally childless. 2 accidents later I have 2 awesome handsome boys! ok as a woman it's different. for a gay guy it cannot be accidental and has to be deliberate, but still, things can change later as you get older and your life's goal changes.

right now Chris is too busy to be a dad, even if he has a partner. he's way too young, and too busy. wonder who is taking care of his Brian bb. I mean, the poor thing must feel lonely. if he's a child he may develop psychological issues not having his daddy near him all the time.

when you put a ring on your left ring finger it means you are married. i am not sure the meaning of rings on other fingers or hands.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/22/2012, 4:17 pm

I know he talked little bit about kids here

18. If your children with Kristin Chenoweth are “high-pitched and cartoonish”, what would your children with Jane Lynch be like?
Jessica [24 – New Jersey]

Sarcastic and bitter! Hehehe. Jane is a WONDERFUL person and would make a terrific mother if she ever decided to have kids. I think my kids will be high-pitched and cartoonish no matter who I have them with, which is probably why I don’t plan on having any.
I don't think I read any other interview when he mentioned wanting or not wanting kids. This was in 2009 so he maybe has changed his mind or will in the future.

Personally when I was younger I always wanted to have kids (the sooner the better) but now when I am almost 24 I definitely don't have the responsibility to have them - and definitely don't want them any time soon.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/22/2012, 4:37 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7fmbvQIvu1qjnvkwo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/22/2012, 4:40 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 6 Tumblr_m7kfvvgPc21rpn18eo1_400

don't know which newspaper.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next