Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Possible Projects

+9
BlueJazz
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
Divalicious
sahhar
Delight
Vir Cotto
fountain
13 posters

Go down

New Possible Projects Empty New Possible Projects

Post  fountain 7/14/2012, 11:01 pm

As a way to distract ourselves from Glee (I think we all need it) I thought it might be nice to speculate on what Chris may be doing next, or maybe some other projects that might be worth considering.

I'll start.

I've always thought Chris would try and do a graphic novel, especially after it was suggested to him at the SBL apple Q&A. I think the GN medium would be the prefect way from him to break into more adult stories, or he could go the way of Darren Aronofsky and creat a graphic novel based off of his own films (i.e. the Fountain).

fountain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

New Possible Projects Empty Re: New Possible Projects

Post  Vir Cotto 7/14/2012, 11:05 pm

Chris should play Lord Ciel Phatomhive in a big screen adaptation of Black Butler. Johnny Depp should play Sebastion, unless the writer decides to throw in some makeout sessions, in which case it should be Michael Fassbender.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/15/2012, 1:37 am

^ I would've preferred Chris to be Sebastian, because Sebastian is seriously bad-ass and I want to see Chris rocking a butler uniform.

Actually I would like to see Chris acting as a butler in either a TV show or movie one day. One who is dignified and intellectually superior and is more or less a 'keeper' of his more silly and vulnerable master. Like Jeeves in 'Jeeves and Wooster'.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/15/2012, 3:01 am

I'd love to see him play a negative character, or a character with grey shades. I really hope he does that one day Smile.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 7/15/2012, 3:51 am

It's funny, when growing up you always wanted your fav actors to be heroes, now here we are, all hoping to see evil/crazy Chris. And I am right there with you Smile

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/15/2012, 4:02 am

Divalicious wrote:It's funny, when growing up you always wanted your fav actors to be heroes, now here we are, all hoping to see evil/crazy Chris. And I am right there with you Smile

Well he himself said he would prefer to play such characters Smile, we're just agreeing.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/15/2012, 5:25 am

sahhar wrote:
Divalicious wrote:It's funny, when growing up you always wanted your fav actors to be heroes, now here we are, all hoping to see evil/crazy Chris. And I am right there with you New Possible Projects 650269930

Well he himself said he would prefer to play such characters New Possible Projects 650269930, we're just agreeing.

I would like Chris to create a television show, with him as one of the lead characters, and this show beats out Glee in it's time slot on another network with better ratings. This would only happen if there was a fifth season of course.

That would be the best middle finger I could give to Fox and the writers.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/15/2012, 8:42 am

I'd love to see Chris on Game of Thrones or Dexter. Hell, even on True Blood. HBO or Showtime is always great.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/15/2012, 8:47 am

I still want to see Chris play a supporting role in a big budget big studio fill with big names in it. I want to see Chris do something that is going to add to his fanbase so it will garner more interest in the work he creates.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/15/2012, 11:41 am

tanita_mors wrote:I'd love to see Chris on Game of Thrones or Dexter. Hell, even on True Blood. HBO or Showtime is always great.

New Possible Projects Tumblr_lr0bteoa091qe30nf

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/16/2012, 12:45 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I still want to see Chris play a supporting role in a big budget big studio fill with big names in it. I want to see Chris do something that is going to add to his fanbase so it will garner more interest in the work he creates.

THIS. THIS and THIS. He still needs a bigger fanbase to balance out the indie work he's doing so that he'll be a big enough star that people will take interest in his work.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/16/2012, 1:07 am

Divalicious wrote:It's funny, when growing up you always wanted your fav actors to be heroes, now here we are, all hoping to see evil/crazy Chris. And I am right there with you Smile

Because the evil/crazy character is more interesting that the hero. Unless the hero have a personality with several layers.

tanita_mors wrote:I'd love to see Chris on Game of Thrones or Dexter. Hell, even on True Blood. HBO or Showtime is always great.

Yes Please!!! He would be a fantastic vampire wub
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FunnyLady 7/16/2012, 1:05 pm

I never thought about a specific movie. But I really want to see Chris in a romantic movie as a leading man. I think, he´s perfect for this. Soooooooooooooo beautiful :-)
FunnyLady
FunnyLady
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 5:20 pm

If Chris is in a romantic movie, it would be a totally different kind of romantic movie, and his character would not be the usual rom com male lead either. Well, if he wants to write himself a romantic role, he would one day. fanny2
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/16/2012, 6:44 pm

It's tricky because while I don't think Chris should only do rom/com movies it would be sending the wrong message if he doesn't get the opportunity/offers to do one.
I think he's a good enough actor that he can play a romantic lead, and while I want him to play roles he wants to, playing such a lead is something most Hollywood actors who break though do sooner or later. He shouldn't have to write the lead for himself, he should be offered such roles. Jack Black and Seth Rogers of all people gets romantic leads in movies, so I don't see why Chris Colfer can't.

I want him to play a romantic lead because it will show his range and versatility as an actor, and because until now Hollywood has been reluctant to give any openly out actor a romantic lead in a movie. Once it's done, IMO it won't be a big deal, but until so there will be questions about his marketability. Ditto with Matt Bomer, if Bomer doesn't get offered a lead in big screen Rom-Com IMO the only plausible reason is because he disclosed he's gay.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/16/2012, 6:56 pm

^
What about Neil Patrick Harris? I know he play very well his role as Barney but I think I've never seen him in a ROM-COM movie. I meant THE SMURFS werent precisely into that category lol

Going back to Chris, as you have pointed if Jack Black and Seth Rogers have been offered to be the lead male in ROM-COM movies, why not Chris? He's a young handsome talented man Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/16/2012, 7:20 pm

[quote="brisallie"]^
What about Neil Patrick Harris? I know he play very well his role as Barney but I think I've never seen him in a ROM-COM movie. I meant THE SMURFS werent precisely into that category lol

People forget that NPH had the role of Barney before he outed himself. And yes, the Smurfs isn't exactly leading man material.

Going back to Chris, as you have pointed if Jack Black and Seth Rogers have been offered to be the lead male in ROM-COM movies, why not Chris? He's a young handsome talented man Smile
Unlike Jack Black or Seth Roger...nuff said. Razz

Chris reminds me of someone like John Gordon Levitt , who has been offered romantic leads in movies (500 days of summer) even though he's not your prototypical leading man.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/16/2012, 7:26 pm

If Chris ever does a rom com (which I get the impression he isn't really interested in right now based on some of his past interviews), I picture him being the best friend who winds up being Mr. Right when they realize that Mr. Perfect isn't as perfect as they think. Does that make sense?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/16/2012, 7:36 pm

If Chris does a rom-com I think he would act the hell out of something on the lines of 500 days of Summer.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/16/2012, 7:50 pm

Buenos wrote:

Chris reminds me of someone like John Gordon Levitt , who has been offered romantic leads in movies (500 days of summer) even though he's not your prototypical leading man.

I like Gordon Levitt precisely because he's not the typical perfect man who's close to a modern prince that Hollywood try to sell us.

Jellyrolls wrote:If Chris ever does a rom com (which I get the impression he isn't really interested in right now based on some of his past interviews), I picture him being the best friend who winds up being Mr. Right when they realize that Mr. Perfect isn't as perfect as they think. Does that make sense?

It does. Actually it happens in RL sometimes Smile

sahhar wrote:If Chris does a rom-com I think he would act the hell out of something on the lines of 500 days of Summer.

Is Chris does a movie on the lines of "500 days of Summer" , depending on how is the plot developed, probably I'll end up loving Chris's character and hating his co-star's character.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum