1x11 "Hairography" Watch and Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1x11 "Hairography" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/11/2012, 8:54 pm

Description from DVD:

The group's informal "scrimmage" with two rival Glee Clubs leads to a crisis of confidence for Will. Meanwhile, Quinn and Finn find themselves exploring romantic attractions-but not with each other.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1x11 "Hairography" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/11/2012, 9:34 pm

It always amazes me that Will knows what an evil manipulative bitch Sue is, yet he consistently trusts her and passes information to her.

No one should take advice from Emma. She gives horrible advice.

I didn't like the Jane Adams performance. That move near the end when some of them were standing on their hands shaking their butts was creepy.

Kurt looks good in the blond wig. hehe.

Will really needs to get some creativity. He is always borrowing ideas from his glee days, or letting others influence him.

Will is such an oblivious husband. How did he not find out Terry's secret for so long? What husband would be that distant from his pregnant wife?

I love the makeover scene. The Strawberry Shortcake Holly Hobby hookup line makes me giggle every time. Chris did a great job of changing Kurt's demeanor towards Rachel and the makeover when he finds out Rachel has the hots for Finn.

The deaf Glee Club director has weird chin dimples. He has like a puppet face or something.

Whenever I see the scene when Brittany is showing everyone how to flip their hair around, when she says "it's like cool epilepsy" I wonder if RIB knew Chris' sister had epilepsy at that point. It just seems so insensitive towards Chris when that line was said. I wonder if it bothered him. I wonder if he wanted to say something when he read it in the scrip and wanted to say something but felt like he couldn't. Or maybe it didn't bother him at all. But it bothers me every time.

I love how uncomfortable Finn was in Rachel's bedroom. Cory played it well. And great little Furt scene Smile

Kendra's kids must have had so much fun filming the show. the only thing they did was running around screaming.

Great lullaby Puck and Quinn. Nothing like soothing kids with "Papa Don't Preach."

to be continued...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/11/2012, 9:51 pm

I love the little Hummelberry fight. Right from the start, Lea and Chris were so great together in their scenes.

Bitch Santana. How did that girl manage to turn into a Lesbian?

Artie in the dreads is just hysterical.

I love Kevin's voice on "Imagine." He really is great at the soft emotional songs.

Puck is such a schumck. I hate how horrible he is to Quinn.

Quinn finalized a deal with the devil. I don't know who Terry expected that she would get away with keeping Quinn's baby without Will finding out about it.

I love the little wave Kurt gives Rachel after they see Quinn and Finn together.

I really like "True Colors." It's a nice song for Jenna's voice.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 8/6/2012, 10:44 am

I've always wondered does it really matter if show choir competition set list are leaked? I mean they have to be announced anyway for the program. Jane Addams Academy looks too much like a juvie or a prison. They sang well but I hate the song. While watching Will watching the performance I noticed that his wedding ring gold band is HUGE!

Will is yet again a awful teacher, he's not an adult and freaks out all the time. All his choices in the first season are pretty much useless or Rachel orientated.

Quinn and Kurt together is really odd, but Kurts outfit, IMO is not much better than Rachels pant-suit. I thought Rachel's suit is adorable, maybe not for high school but adorable anyway. But I did love Kurt mouthing OMG!

Are we supposed to believe that Terri and Will have not been intimate at all after she started lying about the pregnancy? Will is stupid and somewhat deserves what is coming for him. But no matter how I've bashed Terri being terrible, she having backthoughts about the whole baby thing is not really in character.

I love the images of the very first Holly Hobbies and Strawberry Shortcakes but I disagree with Kurt: Rachel is more like My Little Pony's or Bratz, more of Bratz actually. I have a hard time believing that this is Kurt's first time in Rachel's house, maybe it is. Although it's completely different Rachel looks great in that first ensemble a tad too old for high school, Leas own age perhaps.

Jellyrolls wrote:Whenever I see the scene when Brittany is showing everyone how to flip their hair around, when she says "it's like cool epilepsy" I wonder if RIB knew Chris' sister had epilepsy at that point. It just seems so insensitive towards Chris when that line was said. I wonder if it bothered him. I wonder if he wanted to say something when he read it in the scrip and wanted to say something but felt like he couldn't. Or maybe it didn't bother him at all. But it bothers me every time.
When Brittney was spinning her hair all I could think about was about her poor neck going off hinges. BUt now that you point that out it might have been an issue with Chris, but I doubt whether he was in a position to say anything yet at this point. It's a horrible thought though.

I don't know how I feel about Kurt's devious behaviour, maybe all that I now know prevents me from feeling sympathy for Rachel. Her adversities are all to do with relationships. But Finn was quite obviously not realising her shame which made it easier for me to dismiss the shame of that scene. But you can see how it did effect on her at that hallway scene and her stab about Kurt being a boy is just as bad. Lea and Chris' work chemistry was awesome already this early.

And this sexting is coming up again. Santana was still a heterosexual tramp and Quinn cares way too much of Puck. I cannot just get why she want him, even though she already bagged Finn.

Speaking about hair, has there been any girls in Glee with short hair? Sue's got short hair but she's a teacher. I can't remember. The Hairography number was awful in everyway. I don't know about the musical value of the performance but it was just as cringeworthy as the deaf Imagine.

I get where the idea of a deaf choir was going but the ND joining them didn't work for me at all. Too sappy, condesending and superficial. Glee does the heavy handed condescension very well, ugh.

I could have lived without this episode. Even though it had some good Hummelberry interactions. And True Colours was nice, but was Converse a sponsor for Glee because they are again wearing the black ones.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top