1x08 "Mash-Up" Watch and Discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1x08 "Mash-Up" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/5/2012, 8:33 pm

Episdoe description from the DVD:

Tensions rise between Will and Ken over Emma, leading the football coach to deliver an ultimatum that might shatter Will's efforts with Glee Club for good. Meanwhile, Rachel and Puch embark on an awkward romance.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1x08 "Mash-Up" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/5/2012, 8:58 pm

Poor Finn getting her slushied.

Oh, how we love seeing how quickly glee forgot. Karofsky on the hockey team one year, and football team the next. Karofsky must be quite the athelete.

Emma should have questioned the marriage as soon as Ken suggested "The Thong Song" for their first dance. "The Thong Song" and "I Could Have Danced All Night" would never go together.

Ken ruined Will's cookies. I wonder if Will would show Ken and Emma his trademark arms in the air spin panik

Who would ever eat chocolate and bacon? Yuck.

So getting corn syrup in his eyes can keep Finn from singing but drumming is fine? I would think the eyes are more required for drumming than dancing.

Will touches the kids inappropriately sometimes.

I love the way Kurt doesn't want to be involved with it, and then just kind of creeps in with the tamborine.

I don't know why people don't question Emma's ability as a guidance counselor more. She really gives lame advice. Every adult at this school has failed these poor kids. But Sunglasses are cool. Great advice, Emma. coool

You know, if someone who was divorced after three months offered to loan me her wedding dress, I would turn them down. That has got to be a bad omen.

Yay. Will is singing an inappropriate song to Emma. And he did that damn arms in the air spin that I can't stand. panik

Ken just can't put the contempt into the pharse "Glee club" the way Will can.

Oh, Rachel is singing into the right end of the brush. Her and Puck making out kind of grosses me out. It's just such a bad pairing.

Random comment: I go to a piano bar, and when they sing "Sweet Caroline" during the part where everyone sings "buh buh buh" we sing "This song sucks." I am so sick of that song.

Poor moronic Finn. Did he really think they were going to let him drink the slushie? I don't think I ever noticed the kid who slipped on the slushie.

Rod Remington does such a great job as a pompous newscaster. He reminds me of some of the newscasters who have been on TV here in Boston for years and years.

The sence with Will and Sue dancing is a lot of fun (and there's that annoying spin again panik ), but it's just so out of character for both of them. They are always at each other's throats, but then they can dance together and have so much fun.

Nice date, Sue. Playing battleship in her office? You'd think she could do something a bit more exciting. Like dinner. Or a movie.

To be continued...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/5/2012, 9:20 pm

Considering he just got slushied, Puck's white t-shirt looks really clean. You'd think there would have been more spots on the shirt (at least there looked like there was when it first happened). Was he putting a yamika on at the end of the scene? He never wore it in any other scene that I can think of.

So, Will says that Ken doesn't have to worry about him and Emma anymore, but then he goes with her when she tries on her wedding gown, and dances with her? Way to discourage her, Will.

I'm surprised that Matt and Mike chose Glee over football. It's not like either of them got solos (or even spoke) in the seven prior episodes.

I love the way the glee kids started wearing rain coats. Finn was sweet to not want to slushie Kurt, but Kurt was sweeter to do it himself. Chris got himself really good, too. I hope they got that in one take. Although, knowing RIB, they probably made him do that to himself 37 times because they are that sadistic.

Seeing Sue in the zoot suit was a nice change of pace from the track suits. She wore the suit well.

Everyone would prefer Finn over Puck. Poor puck. He needs to stick to the cougars. And he is a jerk. All of the Glee girls are too good for Puck (well, except for maybe Santana).

Is that the magic ball Finn and Will are tossing. You have to be holding it to talk? Finn, you are nothing like Will. You are better than Will. Don't believe him when he says he reminds you of him.

Why does Ken go right to the thought that Finn has an itch down there when Finn asks to talk to them? Do all of the teachers want to have inappropriate conversations with the kids? I miss this Finn--the Finn who stands up for what he believes in no matter how trivial.

Sue's comment about the cat to Will is so bad. It's just so random. "I will buy you a kitty cat. I will make you fall in love with that kitty cat. I will sneak into your house and punch you in the face."

I love when they all slushie Mr. Schue. I wish they would do that to you know who and send him back to Gay Hogwarts to be seen again only once or twice a year Wink

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 7/13/2012, 1:27 pm

Finn's first slushie! I do think Max Adler is a good and notable actor, even in this small bit at the beginning. He plays the perfect jerk in this one.

Emma and Ken getting married in Hawaii, not because it's romantic but an ocean away. Ken is such a chauvinist. And I agree Jellyrolls a really inappropriate Will next. ”OMG!” indeed Kurt. I wonder if Will as a character thinks about his students sexuality...highly doubt it. I'm trying to look at everything in these group numbers but my Kurt-Goggles are always on.

And why does Emma not have a pamphlet about popularity, that is an high School issue. Even if she would say the exact same thing in it as she said out loud...the bit it not being important, not the sunglasses one.

I can't with these Will songs...Thong Song is probably one of the few I will jump over in my iPod Glee playlist imidiately. I can't listen to it even during excercise.

I love simple mans logic Glee Club = kissing guys. Azimio is an underused comedic character. This episode is a introductory course on jerks in Glee: Karofsky, Azimio and Tanaka.

Pucks backround story is a funny one, his mom is just weird. But I still gringe at the thought of Puckleberry but some of these numbers inspired by Pucks ”love” for women are fantastic. He's completely lead by little Puck and his own desires. I wonder if Puck was still slushieing people at this moment.

Rod Remington is just...arrgh.

Sue and Will dancing looks really good and I bet took few hours to rehearse. Although characters would be good dancers, Will being a performer and Sue, I think, an old Cheerleader. And Jaymas voice is straight from a Disney princess movie, I do not like the dress though. But wedding dresses are what they are.

I do get why Finn chose football. It's just insecurity and wishfull thinking about his football scholarship. Horrid fact is that the guys on the football team singled out Kurt to be the target for that Slushie for Finn to throw, a grim reality for Kurt in McKinley is brought out again.

Ken is the one creating an unfair situation for a student. I really hate Ken, even if he withdraw his threat. And Sue's just transferring her hate off will to Quinn, but I doubt there are a lot of pregnant cheerleaders.

Kurt is starting to get these little funny lines. Slushees turning into sellulite, what a little truth teller. I wonder though what did Morrison get a facefull of?
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top