1x05 "The Rhodes Not Taken" Watch and Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1x05 "The Rhodes Not Taken" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/26/2012, 9:11 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

Will recruits and over-the-hill former Glee star to come back to revive the Glee Club. Meanwhile, Rachel feels more isolated from the group.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1x05 "The Rhodes Not Taken" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/26/2012, 9:31 pm

Terry was funny in the diner seen. "That's good. It means the baby isn't a mongoloid." "You should ask Howard Bamboo about my Linda Blair impersonation every half hour at work."

Side comment. Emma has really huge eyes.

Emma is such a horrilbe guidance counselor. Her advice to Finn wasn't great, and the way she talked to him was horrible.

Jacob Ben Isreal is so creepy.

It was funny that Finn caught Rachel looking at her boobs. But once again the double standards are showing, Finn is kind of hitting on Rachel (though his motives were different), but yet he doesn't like it when girls cheat on him.

I've been to Ohio, and they don't have houses like the one April was staying at in Ohio.

Will is so manipulative when it comes to the Glee club sucess. He wants to win so much, that he will do what it takes to achieve that. First, with blackmailing in and then bringing April in.

Random comment. Artie often seems to be the voice of reason on Glee. His "This doesn't sound like a good idea" when Will says he wants to bring April into the club. He makes comments like that.

Poor sappy Kurt crying at the end of "Maybe This Time."

The montage with April trying to win over the glee club is fun. Chris' expressions when he drinks, and then sees the muscle magazines are awesome. I wish they had given a better way to win over Mercedes and Tina than shoplifting because I can't picture either of them doing it.

Mr. Ryerson is so mean. I thought Rachel sounded good when she was singing caberet.

To be continued...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/26/2012, 9:57 pm

"Oh Bambi. I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy." Need I say more. Laughing

Whey does Will need to talk to Kurt about drinking. Shouldn't he be talking to April about giving Kurt liquor?

Does April carry her own glasses everywhere? She was using the same red glass in the bowling alley that she was using n the house she was squatting in.

So, Rachel (and Lea) is a vegetarian. But she was eating pepperoni pizza. Was it tofu pepperoni?

Emma and McKinley have screwy college ambitions. Finn's a sophomore. Why is he applying for a music scholarship?

The performance of "Last Name" was fun. I liked the choreography and the interactions between April and the boys. But I have to say that April sang too much in the episode--two duets and a solo. No guest should sing that much. But they always do.

At the end, when she's standing on the arms of Artie's wheelchair, poor Kevin is looking anywhere but up Kristin's dress. hehe.

You know, random comment. They filled the audience for this appointment, and not even their families cared enough to go to their fundraiser for NoN?

I know most of the Glee cast aren't dancers, but watching "Somebody to Love" reminds me how boring their choreography is. I don't even know if you can call it choreography. It's really just walking and tapping their feet. And it's like that ad so many songs. And now, Mercedes has her big belting note at the end.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 6/27/2012, 9:40 am

Memorable moments I could recall from this episode:

Chris tearing up after seeing his idol singing Cabaret before him. I can still remember the BTS video clearly, where he couldn't stop crying and they inserted that into the episode as a joke. And that brief camera-shot was damn effective in portraying how much Kurt loved musical theatre.

Kurt's Bambi line and barfing on Emma's shoes (Chris is so capable of producing comedic gold, it's a crime how the Glee writers had misused him in that regard for seasons 2 and 3), and her traumatized self talking about visiting the hospital for decontamination after that.

The April/Will duet of 'Alone'. Sigh... It's still my all time favourite Glee song (sorry Chris ooppss )
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/27/2012, 9:50 am

Delight wrote:Memorable moments I could recall from this episode:

Chris tearing up after seeing his idol singing Cabaret before him. I can still remember the BTS video clearly, where he couldn't stop crying and they inserted that into the episode as a joke. And that brief camera-shot was damn effective in portraying how much Kurt loved musical theatre.

Kurt's Bambi line and barfing on Emma's shoes (Chris is so capable of producing comedic gold, it's a crime how the Glee writers had misused him in that regard for seasons 2 and 3), and her traumatized self talking about visiting the hospital for decontamination after that.

The April/Will duet of 'Alone'. Sigh... It's still my all time favourite Glee song (sorry Chris ooppss )

we're going to have to take away your Kurtsie card for this one.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 6/27/2012, 9:55 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Delight wrote:

NOOOOooooooooooo!!! crycry

I lied! I lied!

Kurt's 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' totally rocks and is my all time favourite Glee song. How can a song like 'Alone' ever compete with that perfection of a song? I plead temporary insanity when I made that comment.

Psst. Can you give me back my card now?
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/27/2012, 10:11 am

Delight wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
Delight wrote:

I lied! I lied!

Kurt's 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' totally rocks and is my all time favourite Glee song. How can a song like 'Alone' ever compete with that perfection of a song? I plead temporary insanity when I made that comment.

We'll have to wait and see how your Kurt dedication is in the coming weeks to decide that. Wink

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 6/27/2012, 2:09 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Delight wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
Delight wrote:

I lied! I lied!

We'll have to wait and see how your Kurt dedication is in the coming weeks to decide that. Wink

Please Jelly, Delight has the right to likes whatever song that is sounds good for her, if she want she can put in first place both Alone and I Want To Hold Your Hand Smile Though this possibly not the place to say that girl because is dedicated to Kurt.

My evil side says: How is possible you pick Alone instead of IWTHYH Evil or Very Mad ?!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Oh Bambi. I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy." Need I say more.

One of my favorites lines ever. Once I read a fic with the aftermath after this scene. How everybody in the Glee Club knew Kurt was drunk and helped him, then Burt came to the school too. Funny.

Sometimes I asked to myself is he's so traumatized from that moment that we haven't seen him drunk again, nor even in the Rachel's party or "Scandals". Or he's just a responsible boy.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz on 6/27/2012, 4:27 pm

^My headcannon : Burt gave Kurt a "booze talk" after that, he was "traumatized" by guilt and was completely turned off by alcohol since then tonguue

Sigh. I need another drunk!Kurt on my screen SO BAD crycry

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 6/27/2012, 7:26 pm

BlueJazz wrote:^My headcannon : Burt gave Kurt a "booze talk" after that, he was "traumatized" by guilt and was completely turned off by alcohol since then tonguue

I like your headcannon Smile

You know, maybe he would see him drunk again after all the mess up with NYADA. o.o hahahah that not for this thread.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 6/27/2012, 9:00 pm

is this the episode where kurt got drunk?

all i remember is the cowbody number. I love to watch kurt dancing in that cowboy hat. he looks so cute.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 6/27/2012, 10:25 pm

fantastica wrote:is this the episode where kurt got drunk?

all i remember is the cowbody number. I love to watch kurt dancing in that cowboy hat. he looks so cute.

Yes. Because April gave him alcohol plus a bunch of magazines with muscle men Razz

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 7/5/2012, 11:34 am

The start voiceover was slow, I could actually hear and understand what was said. Don't Stop Believing sounds so different with Quinn replacing Rachel. I think my Santana hate started from this episode where she blatantly insults and tries to humiliate Kurt infront of everyone. That's why I had no sympathy for her in I Kissed a Girl. I'm an stubborn elefant : I may forgive but I'll never forget.

Emma's not really a good counselor and Jewfro is disgusting, but Over the Shoulder Boulder Holder is legendary though. I like that Cabaret is in Rachels mind all about Sally Bowles...for me Cabaret was always Brians story...admittedly she does sing alot, maybe I'm wrong. I would love to see Chris play Brians role if they ever do a remake since in the original Broadway play he was american?

I wonder how old is Will really supposed to be in Glee, I mean Kristin Chenoweth and Morrison have about 12 years age difference but they do look the same age. I suppose that's not a compliment for Morrison or that is a compliment for Kristin.

I'm terrible but I can't see Rachel nor Lea playing Sally Bowles. I like the editing done between April and Rachel singing Maybe This Time except I don't like Kristins high last ”scream”, she does it for some other song in Glee as well? Maybe Thins Time is my favorites musical songs ever!

I didn't remember they used Hall & Oates as Aprils winning the Glee club over song.

Hah, Finn's acting talents were mentioned as early as this. Maybe he's secretly dreamed of going to some acting school since Rachel complimented him.

Kurts Bambi lines are hilarious. I don't get why Emma's so against April, I mean I get it since she is an alcoholic, but why is she so adamant. Will is just stupid, it's not like HE'LL ever realise what a stupid idea it is to bring an adult woman to join Glee. He did get it in the end but he's still going to be one of the worst teachers in the world.

I always worry about the millonth time used shoes in bowling alleys instead of the holes in the bowling balls. For some reason I did not feel bad for Rachel because is Finn somewhat leading her on inorder to get her back to Glee. He's very confused and silly in these first episodes and does not understand girls at all. Or the consept of dating that much by this time in Glee, I mean all he's ever seen is Puck doing his shit. It's taken that Rachel feel hurt but still she knew Finn was with Quinn to start with.

I think my favorite April song is Last Name. House is not a Home? is also great but I love her voice in a country song like this. Somebody To Love is a beautiful song to begin and I love this Glee verion, but seeing all them in nice dresshirts with bootcut ranger jeans and western belt buckles is funny.

brisallie wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:^My headcannon : Burt gave Kurt a "booze talk" after that, he was "traumatized" by guilt and was completely turned off by alcohol since then tonguue

You know, maybe he would see him drunk again after all the mess up with NYADA. o.o hahahah that not for this thread.

I've wondered if Kurt just doesn't like the taste, or has subconsious memories from this, assumingly, first time alcohol consuption that he just does not want to drink. Drunk Kurt would be hilarious, I see him becoming incredibly clumsie and clingy but really depressed.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/5/2012, 12:06 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Kurts Bambi lines are hilarious. I don't get why Emma's so against April, I mean I get it since she is an alcoholic, but why is she so adamant. Will is just stupid, it's not like HE'LL ever realise what a stupid idea it is to bring an adult woman to join Glee. He did get it in the end but he's still going to be one of the worst teachers in the world.

I figure it's because Emma has the hots for Will, and Will at one point had the hots for April. So Emma is jealous that April at one point was the object of Will's desire, and she is afraid that could happen again.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 7/5/2012, 2:24 pm

You know, maybe he would see him drunk again after all the mess up with NYADA. o.o hahahah that not for this thread.[/quote]

I've wondered if Kurt just doesn't like the taste, or has subconsious memories from this, assumingly, first time alcohol consuption that he just does not want to drink. Drunk Kurt would be hilarious, I see him becoming incredibly clumsie and clingy but really depressed.[/quote]

I've always thought that he would be the opposite of his current behavior. He would be loud and uninhibited. Plus the layers would be far too warm. Instead of his polite self, he will be no holds barred, I just hope Santana would be there, to see how it feels being mocked by someone who actually knows how to do it, but has been kept fairly silent these past two seasons.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 7/5/2012, 2:26 pm

Hey, I''ve graduated! I'm a sea monkey!

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 7/5/2012, 2:53 pm

Divalicious wrote:
I've always thought that he would be the opposite of his current behavior. He would be loud and uninhibited. Plus the layers would be far too warm. Instead of his polite self, he will be no holds barred, I just hope Santana would be there, to see how it feels being mocked by someone who actually knows how to do it, but has been kept fairly silent these past two seasons.

This my theory, I think when people are drunk sometimes become into their opposite or emphazise their personality. In the case of Kurt it wouldn't be strange if suddenly he start to be bitchy because he's not afraid to say to others what he think about them - at least that what we saw in season one- but unlike Santana, he's more polite and nice. Besides I imagine the wtf faces from everyone, but after mocking everyone, then he'll say a hearted speech and finally fall asleep. LOL

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz on 7/5/2012, 3:58 pm

Divalicious wrote:

Oh, that's my headcannon, too Razz I've always imagined drunk!Kurt to be loud, bitchy, fierce, very straightforward, horny and of course sexy Wink Tbh, it's a bit like a male Santana tonguue

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top