Pictures from a distant land

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 Empty Re: Pictures from a distant land

Post  fantastica on 5/18/2015, 1:52 pm

wow, so delightful! i so envy you. Mad unfortunately even if I were able to go to Japan i wouldn't be able to enjoy the beautiful spring scene, due to my horrible pollen allergies. :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 5/18/2015, 3:04 pm

that curry milk miso soup gives me ideas about dinner. i never knew these flavors would combine well. we will see.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 5/18/2015, 9:21 pm

Those pictures are so beautiful Razz I love the picture with Mt. Fuji in the background, and I love Sakura trees (cherry blossoms) wub

Some day I will travel to Japan.

Arigato Gozaimasu Delight (Did you use that phrase?)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 250px-Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l_Logo
I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 5/19/2015, 1:36 am

i read from somewhere else that the giant wisteria tree is over a thousand year old (if I remember right). when I grew up there was a wisteria tree in our yard too. so gorgeous but this is the king of wisteria.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 5/19/2015, 7:17 am

What a beautiful pictures, Zining. neutre

I love blossoming trees: they're very beautiful to look at, and then there's their flower fragrance in the air.....hmmm.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 6-550
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 5/19/2015, 10:20 am

fantastica wrote:wow, so delightful! i so envy you. Mad  unfortunately even if I were able to go to Japan i wouldn't be able to enjoy the beautiful spring scene, due to my horrible pollen allergies. :(

One of the my uncles who went with me to Japan was a hay fever sufferer and he was actually okay around the Sakura trees. His allergies only started acting up around the Wisteria trees, and he had to retreat into the souvenir shop after a while.

If you are to avoid the flowers, there's still Mt Fuji to enjoy  Smile

fantastica wrote:that curry milk miso soup gives me ideas about dinner. i never knew these flavors would combine well. we will see.

I was surprised by the successful blend of flavours as well. They showed a short video clip of how it was done (all in Japanese, so I only had visual). They put in the bowl a small pat of curry paste (or what I believe to be curry paste), a pinch of red powder (chilli powder?), added milk to it and poured hot miso-flavoured soup over the whole thing.

I'm tempted to try it one day myself, but I have a feeling it would turn out to be a disaster without a proper recipe.

brisallie wrote:Those pictures are so beautiful Razz I love the picture with Mt. Fuji in the background, and I love Sakura trees (cherry blossoms) wub

Some day I will travel to Japan.

Arigato Gozaimasu Delight (Did you use that phrase?)

Japan is worth visiting for the food alone  Smile . Even the snacks are nice and interesting. Green tea flavoured Pocky sticks and Royce' chocolate, cheese-flavoured soft serve ice cream, citron-flavoured honey drinks, custard cream puffs... You almost regret that you have only one stomach to fill at a time, and won't get to try them all.

As for 'Arigato Gozaimasu', I've certainly heard that phrase a lot during my trip, at the cash registers when I'm making a purchase or when I'm leaving a restaurant. I didn't use the phrase myself (because I don't trust myself to get it right), so I was mumbling 'Thank you's like an absolute foreign tourist.

fantastica wrote:i read from somewhere else that the giant wisteria tree is over a thousand year old (if I remember right). when I grew up there was a wisteria tree in our yard too. so gorgeous but this is the king of wisteria.

All those dangling purple flowers in the photo come from just one tree. I was amazed when I saw it. It may have been a thousand year old tree, but for the life of me, I couldn't read the Japanese signs and had little idea if that was the case.

Glorfindel wrote:What a beautiful pictures, Zining. neutre

I love blossoming trees: they're very beautiful to look at, and then there's their flower fragrance in the air.....hmmm.

I was somewhat surprised that the highlights of the trip to Japan ended up being the flowers. It is soothing too, walking through a garden of Sakura trees.

Interesting fact-- they made ice cream with flower flavours in Japan. I had a purple Wisteria flavoured soft serve ice cream as well as a pink Sakura flavoured one. They don't taste particularly distinctive, but you get the fragrance of the flower in the ice cream.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 5/19/2015, 3:07 pm

man, the pics and japan are beautiful. blushh
wish i could visit. who kows, maybe one day. it's on my list, with egypt, the carribian, cuba, france, england,...
money and free time, come to me. baibai

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 Sig11

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 212
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 5/19/2015, 9:42 pm

^ u r a super smart girl, and uber talented in languages etc. you will travel around the world one day. it's a matter of time. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 Empty The South of my country

Post  brisallie on 2/29/2016, 11:45 pm

Sorry girls for have been so M.I.A , but I'm currently in Summer holidays and I'm taking the time to do different things, because I'm doing a treatment to deal with my anxiety, and besides of it I'm experiencing several changes. BUT always remember this forum, and why I'm here to share some pictures from my holidays in the south of my country that is well known for being cold even in Summer, lakes , forests and european heritage. The cities I visited were Villarrica, Pucon,Caburgua and Licanray. Hope you like the pictures Smile

This is Calafquen Lake, located in Licanray.
Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12496240_10207975221873859_8256929878176131545_o hosting imagenes" />

This is Huilo Huilo Natural Reserve, is a place that protect the environment and animals

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12593819_10207975260594827_7341182967769837389_o" />

This is Araucaria tree, is one of those millennial trees. It takes centuries to reach their full height. At this moment there not so many, sadly, so they are under protection.

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12628638_10207980619328792_6332766770575140004_o sube imagenes" />

This is the Baobab Hotel, made of wood and is located nearby Huilo Huilo. The cost per night is about 215 dollars, so is affordable for some people.

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 SAM_0307 imag" />

This is the City Hall of Villarrica, made of wood as well. Actually most houses and buildings are made of wood, because is the natural source they have.

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12647459_10207975482240368_4512896939887747696_n subir fotos" />

This is a Ruca, that is Mapuche's typical house, the original native people from the south of Chile. The people on the pic are my mom and aunt.

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12633654_10207980631049085_3702372689045469442_o subir imagenes" />

The following pictures are a representation of a Mapuche and an Spaniard Soldier, Spain conquered our country in the 1600s, and for centuries, even until today, Mapuche have fought for their lands.

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12654498_10207975507601002_8381417557078559754_n subir imagenes gratis" /> Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12524301_10207975507200992_8615561352668176395_n subir gif" />

Villarrica Volcano, most of people go to the city only to see it in person, but actually is kilometers away from the city. Is still active, last eruption was in March 2015

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 SAM_0242 imagen" />

This sort of natural pool, is Ojos del Caburgua or Caburgua's Eyes. Is located in the city with the same name and is one of the most visited places. In the second picture I'm next to the river/pool, still unsure how to call it, and told you is cold even in Summer Smile

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12604670_10207980625408944_6715592855182428048_o imagen jpg" />  Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12605513_10207975503480899_4789967217265497860_o imagen" />

A representation of a KONA ,a typical young woman Mapuche using her canoe. This is located at the parade ground of Pucon.

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12640533_10207980622248865_7395653639317094877_o subirimagenes" />

How to say the 4 elements in Mapudungun, Mapuche's language: In order Water,Fire,Earth and Air

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 SAM_0276 subirimagenes" />

Finally, this is a Microbrewery located in the zone of Huilo Huilo and is called Cerveza Artesanal Petterman. Mr. Petterman is owner of several places in the zone, and helps people there, according to my tourist guide.

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 SAM_0291 imagen jpg" />

Bonus Track: My dog went with us as there was no one to look after her, isn't she a cutie? She had lot of fun tonguue

Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 <a href=Pictures from a distant land - Page 5 12628533_10207975485800457_3298854098913235469_o subirimagenes" />

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/2/2016, 4:16 pm

Romina, the pics seem very beautiful but they are so small and my old eyes are crying for enlargement. LOL. That round building thingy looks like a Hobbit hole. Way too small. clicking the image links reach some sort of forms. Perhaps you can fix them?

I haven't traveled (aka sight seeing or vacationing) for a long time so I really wish i can go far into the other parts of the world before kicking my bucket. Thanks for all the inspirations.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/7/2016, 12:31 am

fantastica wrote:Romina, the pics seem very beautiful but they are so small and my old eyes are crying for enlargement. LOL. That round building thingy looks like a Hobbit hole. Way too small. clicking the image links reach some sort of forms. Perhaps you can fix them?

I haven't traveled (aka sight seeing or vacationing) for a long time so I really wish i can go far into the other parts of the world before kicking my bucket.  Thanks for all the inspirations.

Do they look small? Really? So weird, I see them in a good size on my laptop. What device did you use?

If someday you have the time and money, I recommend the south of Chile, is beeautiful, the weather is cold but bearable. Here is Summer during January and February. Not so many people speak english, but you still will be able to communicate Smile

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down