1x02 "Showmance" Watch and Discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1x02 "Showmance" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/24/2012, 7:52 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

The group's first school assembly performance leads to surprises and trouble for Will and the kids. Meanwhile, Finn and Rachel grow closer.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1x02 "Showmance" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/24/2012, 8:15 pm

Fin looks cute dragging a pink suitcase around.

Again, Mr. Schue, teacher of the year does nothing when poor Kurt is about to be tossed in the dumpster.

Wow. Finn is dedicated to Glee. He won't give up Glee club to cop a feel on Quinn.

I liked fierce Quinn.

Double slushie Rach. Yummy.

Freak out was funny. That choreography was so bad compared to VA in the first episode.

Terry's sister's kids are terrors. Running around like maniacs.

What was up with the flower on the real estate agents dress. The house was way too expensive for Will and Terry.

Mercedes and Kurt fighting about the clothes was hysterical. Technicolor zebra Smile

Kurt was wearing ugly golf pants, and what was that? No socks with his shoes? Chris must have been rehearsing Single Ladies when they filmed this We saw some put a ring on it.

The principal's office scene was classic Glee. Everyone was perfect in it.

So funny that all cheerleaders are in the celibacy club. Everyone knows that cheerleaders are whores Wink

"It's all about the teasing and not about the pleasing."

Who would grind with a dweeb like Jacob Ben Isreal? Is he grinding on the side of his tub or something?

The immaculate affection. hehe. I love that they had ballooons with with crosses on them.

To be continued Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/24/2012, 8:36 pm

Why are they having a Glee Club meeting in the gym instead of the choir room.

Something tells me that Glee Club didn't rule the place when Will was in the school.

Push It. I know lots of people talk about how sexy Kurt is in this, but I'm sorry. No one can be sexy while wearing a fanny pack. It cracks me up when Kurt slaps Finn's ass. The expressions in the audience are hysterical--Figgy is all dreamy and enjoying it, Sue looks disgusted, Emma just loves it.

Emma is all kinds of crazy, individually polishing grapes. Ken is a persistent bastard. Emma shouldn't want to go out with him after he licked his hand and touched her door handle. (That kind of sounded dirty).

Finn's thumb looks huge when he touches Rachel's lip. As a side not, this is part one of a big double standards on Glee. Finn willing kisses Rachel, but a year and a half later, he's bitching about Quinn cheating on him, and Rachel cheating on him.

"Say A Little Prayer for You" makes me think of the opening scene from "My Best Friend's Wedding."

I wonder if Emma uses a new toothbrush every time she scrubs something with a toothbrush.

And there goes Emma, settling for Ken Tenaka because he man she really wants is unavailable.

Regarding Rachel's solo at the end when she's singing into the hairbrush. My friends and I used to do that, but we sang into the other end of the hairbrush. It's kind of weird she's singing it at Finn and Quinn. Finn wasn't her boyfriend.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 6/25/2012, 10:40 am

I love the use of old music at the backround. Emma is basically stalking Will, not good... Sues war-themed drums are excellent. Oh wait, Sue euthanised her mother: well Carol Burnett surely looked alive...And Will's dad being a raging alcoholic, his dad seemed just fine when we saw him at dinner...Gleeeeee! dryy

Finn looks stupid walking around with his football jersey, do football players do that in today's high schools? I like Ambers curls in here.

Terri has the same symptoms as Emma: ”I can't live in a used house!” That house they are looking is really nice though. I hate Terri but her quips are good, ”..but I need to have polished doorknobs.”

I hate when songs are edited child-friendly, Glee has to do this a lot. Golddigger is a hilarious example, it's sung by a white Glee teacher, so some obvious altercations have been made. Amber sounds really good even in this one.

Emma joking about gag-reflex...oh if we'd only known her ”status” on that department. How she dares to go to the general girls toilets baffles me. I remember teacher from my school who was as attached to a copy machine as Sue is here: ”Every copy counts, so remember nature and waste paper and use it wisely!”

Celibacy club is just so strange consept for me, why have it at all instead of condoms. This is a whole different issue so I'm not going to dwell in it. Oh, I forgot that the postman accident/cooling method was introduced already this early, silly but funny. But Rachels line about girls wanting it just as much as guys is good, don't know if that's true though?

Assemblys are always well done in Glee, I don't know if that is an ironic statement or not. Push It is making me gringe...and the awful truth is that I listened to SaltnPepa when I was at HS. Smile And Jellyrolls, fanny pack a big NO-NO, are they also wearing knee pads? Rachel bouncing in Finn's lap was quite a visual shocker. But who's panties did Figgins see, surely not Kurts, Arties?

And 99 Luftballoons is a great song for Glee, they should definately do it! Is Naya raelly singing backrounds in Say a Little Prayer? If she is it sounds weird and akward. Quinn says she wants her boyfriend back. Am I not paying attention, when did they split up in this short period of time of two episodes or is she just talking of getting him to be her brainless fool again now that he's slipping away because of Glee? I must not be paying attention. Lea does have quite a performance face does she? And I'm not saying this as a positive note.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/25/2012, 9:14 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Finn looks stupid walking around with his football jersey, do football players do that in today's high schools?

Finn does look stupid walking around in the football jersey. In my high school many years ago, the only time the football players wore their jerseys to school was the day before Thanksgiving pep rally day, when we would have a big assembly to get everyone excited for the big game against our rival.

And the cheerleaders didn't wear their uniforms to school every day either.

Terri has the same symptoms as Emma: ”I can't live in a used house!” That house they are looking is really nice though. I hate Terri but her quips are good, ”..but I need to have polished doorknobs.”

LOL. I never noticed this parallel. Will sure likes women who are a bit OCD.

Assemblys are always well done in Glee, I don't know if that is an ironic statement or not. Push It is making me gringe...and the awful truth is that I listened to SaltnPepa when I was at HS. Smile And Jellyrolls, fanny pack a big NO-NO, are they also wearing knee pads? Rachel bouncing in Finn's lap was quite a visual shocker. But who's panties did Figgins see, surely not Kurts, Arties?

Yes, they were wearing knee pads. Considering how many times they had to crawl across that stage they probably really needed them. Hmm. Now I'm wondering who's panties Figgy saw too.

And 99 Luftballoons is a great song for Glee, they should definately do it! Is Naya raelly singing backrounds in Say a Little Prayer? If she is it sounds weird and akward. Quinn says she wants her boyfriend back. Am I not paying attention, when did they split up in this short period of time of two episodes or is she just talking of getting him to be her brainless fool again now that he's slipping away because of Glee? I must not be paying attention. Lea does have quite a performance face does she? And I'm not saying this as a positive note.

The bolded always bugged me, too. They never broke up. I guess she just thought he was slipping away towards Rachel

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down