Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12

+12
brisallie
BlueJazz
E-ko
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
paulopf
msjoanlucette
Shinra17
Emile
fantastica
Jellyrolls
bayth
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12

Post  sahhar 6/18/2012, 4:49 pm

One thing I gathered from the interview is that he's dying to do something risque like Rihanna's s&m or anything along those lines, and something crazy on American Horror Story. How I wish these two things would happen.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12

Post  valkeakuulas 6/18/2012, 4:54 pm

sahhar wrote:One thing I gathered from the interview is that he's dying to do something risque like Rihanna's s&m or anything along those lines, and something crazy on American Horror Story. How I wish these two things would happen.

Together...with that bouncing bed-hair...as he strokes a huge cat...

*hides, embarrased*
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 4:58 pm

brisallie wrote:Thanks. I wanted to post that video but I have no idea how ... How did you do?
I have this plugin for Mozilla that is called something like 'copy HTML' and, selecting what you want to copy, allows you to get the HTML (duh, haha).
valkeakuulas wrote:Together...with that bouncing bed-hair...as he strokes a huge cat...
His bed-hair was perfect, sigh.

Part 1

Part 2

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/18/2012, 7:10 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
sahhar wrote:One thing I gathered from the interview is that he's dying to do something risque like Rihanna's s&m or anything along those lines, and something crazy on American Horror Story. How I wish these two things would happen.

Together...with that bouncing bed-hair...as he strokes a huge cat...

*hides, embarrased*

YES wub .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/18/2012, 7:13 pm

i wish his cat jumped on the table. he's such a well behaved cat. my cat always jumped on my desk and brushed his tail against my face (which I loved). oh how I missed my kitty!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/19/2012, 12:08 am

I really liked this interview, even if as I've been informed, those guys behaved like idiots when they didn't agree with Chris' choice about which episode to submit. Really liked how he shot down the lazy "critics" who claim he plays himself yet, immediately, was humble enough to celebrate whatever similarities can be found between him and Kurt as something positive. Also, how in control he managed to be: he didn't lick Ryan Murphy's ass vomit2 , but stayed cleverly out of trouble since, just like he said, he's still a passenger on the Ryan Murphy's train.

The "perverts" bit, I hope no one plays the offended card, because it's such a sweet demonstration of complicity with fandom. aa54

Finally, probably I'm being too suspicious, but it's hard for me to believe that the complains about the lack of affection between Kurt and Blaine comes from a legitimate intention to assist the battle for equality. I know tons of people are indeed preoccupied about that. But also, tons of others simply want the homosexual action. Not criticizing that per se. I, myself, enjoy said homosexual action. But I find it really disrespectful and harmful for the equality battle, that said craving is disguised as something bigger. And, if we want to defend equality, I think what's been done to Kurt should be a higher priority.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/19/2012, 12:31 am

paulopf wrote:I really liked this interview, even if as I've been informed, those guys behaved like idiots when they didn't agree with Chris' choice about which episode to submit. Really liked how he shot down the lazy "critics" who claim he plays himself yet, immediately, was humble enough to celebrate whatever similarities can be found between him and Kurt as something positive. Also, how in control he managed to be: he didn't lick Ryan Murphy's ass vomit2 , but stayed cleverly out of trouble since, just like he said, he's still a passenger on the Ryan Murphy's train.

The "perverts" bit, I hope no one plays the offended card, because it's such a sweet demonstration of complicity with fandom. aa54

Finally, probably I'm being too suspicious, but it's hard for me to believe that the complains about the lack of affection between Kurt and Blaine comes from a legitimate intention to assist the battle for equality. I know tons of people are indeed preoccupied about that. But also, tons of others simply want the homosexual action. Not criticizing that per se. I, myself, enjoy said homosexual action. But I find it really disrespectful and harmful for the equality battle, that said craving is disguised as something bigger. And, if we want to defend equality, I think what's been done to Kurt should be a higher priority.
To me, the TT "proud of it" was fairly stupid though. It's one thing to perv on him, it's another thing to be proud of it. It's like saying I'm proud to have no life, to spy on every little detail of his bedroom and to masturbate myself in front of my computer screen.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/19/2012, 12:38 am

^LMAO. It was something over the top and silly, indeed, like most things fandom does. I wouldn't subscribe to it, as much as I perv on Colfer, but I can laugh at it. And I do find cute that Colfer turns the word "pervert", which is definitely not something nice to be called considering only the real meaning of the word, into an endearment. Anyway, if some people are proud to "have no life" and all that, I guess that's their business.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/19/2012, 5:38 am

The whole interview in one part and slightly better quality

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 6/19/2012, 5:44 am

Shinra17 wrote:
paulopf wrote:I really liked this interview, even if as I've been informed, those guys behaved like idiots when they didn't agree with Chris' choice about which episode to submit. Really liked how he shot down the lazy "critics" who claim he plays himself yet, immediately, was humble enough to celebrate whatever similarities can be found between him and Kurt as something positive. Also, how in control he managed to be: he didn't lick Ryan Murphy's ass vomit2 , but stayed cleverly out of trouble since, just like he said, he's still a passenger on the Ryan Murphy's train.

To me, the TT "proud of it" was fairly stupid though. It's one thing to perv on him, it's another thing to be proud of it. It's like saying I'm proud to have no life, to spy on every little detail of his bedroom and to masturbate myself in front of my computer screen.
ptdr
But just imagine-Chris most likely will see the trending topic. I hope he thinks it's just funny.

Chris' voice was so cute when talking to Brian, very fatherly. And yes, Brian is such a good kitty-no one even thought he was there until Chris mentioned him.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/19/2012, 11:27 am

fantastica wrote:i wish his cat jumped on the table. he's such a well behaved cat. my cat always jumped on my desk and brushed his tail against my face (which I loved). oh how I missed my kitty!

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 - Page 2 Do-want

I think I platonically ship Chris/Brian now tonguue

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/19/2012, 12:11 pm

paulopf wrote:

I've never thought of this but I think you have a point and I can understand where you're coming from neutre I guess the fans who participated are a mixture of people who want fight for the community and people who just want more gay action so they can squee in front of their screen. Well, at least they're doing something right regardless of their intentions. I personally think it's good to fight for equality after what Glee has done but I doubt that it'll result in a significant change. I don't really have any faith in Glee now. I guess we'll know the outcome of the campaign in S4 neutre Besides, I couldn't agree more with the bolded thumnup

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/19/2012, 12:14 pm

paulopf wrote: And I do find cute that Colfer turns the word "pervert", which is definitely not something nice to be called considering only the real meaning of the word, into an endearment.

Same here wub I was never offended when he said that word and based on the smile on his face, I don't think he meant the true/original meaning of the word, either neutre

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/19/2012, 2:32 pm

I love Chris to death but everytime he talks about Emmy tapes I feel like he has no idea what to do over there. He always wants to submit the ones that will most likely not have enough screentime for him or display his range. Even here he talks about the First Time and Whitney Houston episodes to submit. Those episodes had a storyline for him but not storylines good enough for him to display his range and talent as an actor, not to mention screentime.
His BEST Emmy tape this season is still I Am Unicorn. He has TWO storylines simultaneously ( Running for class president and auditioning for WSS), a LOT of screentime, a song, emotional moments, really funny moments with Blaine, Rachel, Brittany etc, and you feel for the character. Chris honey, just let me choose your Emmy tapes from now on, please!!!!!!! Smile .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/19/2012, 2:51 pm

I agree about IAU. Best Chris tape this season by a mile (a few funny scenes with Brittany, his cocky preparation for IATGS, the song itself, his crushing discovery that he isn't the right choice and Brittany's gay approach to his presidential campaign, the brilliant Romeo & Juliet scene, and his great reaction at Blaine's audition at the end).

If he had more material in Choke - that would have been perfect - it has a bit comedy/parody with MOTN and that talk with Rachel, a great number in NTBND and another mildly emotional scene with Rachel. Good stuff, but too few IMO.

WH has a lot of Kurt, but I'm not the biggest fan of IHN and the whole cheating storyline.

TFT is also good - but I feel it's far too Klaine-centric to be the perfect tape ( I mean Blaine has 2 songs and one sang to him, while Kurt has the bedroom scene, hallway scene, Lima Bean with Sebastian, gay bar and Karofsky, him an Blaine at the car and the ending - all of with Blaine. Not a bad tape, but I don't know if all the gay sex content is going to be all that appealing to votes).

And the Christmas episode - lot of Kurt, 2 songs, an interesting and different visual but virtually no content.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/19/2012, 3:05 pm

IAU should be the submission tape without a doubt if he gets nominated again this year. I don't think that TFT highlights him enough for it to be a good submission for him, and Choke isn't nearly as well rounded for him as IAU. The Whitney Houston episode shouldn't even be considered, and thought I love the Christmas episode, a lot of people didn't get the process behind the Christmas episode (some people told me that Chris and Lea were overacting in the black and white section, and I was like, "That was the point").

I'm sure Ivana loved when Chris brought up the Golden pants episode, though.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 6/20/2012, 11:52 pm

I completely agree about I Am Unicorn being the best submission.
There is no emphasis on him in TFT, as it's equally shared with 3 other characters, and mostly as "a couple". Plus he doesn't sing in that. The Whitney Houston episode is good, but then it's mostly dramatic material again. Choke would be perfect had he had more screentime. Maybe IAU just slipped Chris' mind as it was so early on in the season, and there's a lot of talk about the later episodes? But TFT is early too, so I don't know. He did say he'll have some kind of poll if he gets nominated, so we can all tweet him to submit IAU?
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/21/2012, 1:02 am

let's don't put the cart before the horse. he has to get nominated first. but of course if he does get nominated we will tweet him to death to submit the IAU instead. the other episodes do not make him stand out as much as IAU.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/21/2012, 3:54 am

I also agree that IAU is his best season 3 episode for submission.
Let's just wait and see if he gets nominated first.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2