Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  arina on 6/7/2012, 1:20 am

About new movie!


“Glee” Star Chris Colfer, 22, Sells Hot Film to DeNiro Company, and Publishes First Novel
You may know Chris Colfer from “Glee.” He’s just turned 22, and he’s threatening to become the next James Franco. The terrific film he wrote and starred in, “Struck by Lightning.” has been sold, I’m told, to Tribeca Films, Robert DeNiro and Jane Rosenthal’s company. This very mordant comedy hits every note just right, in the same vein as “Juno,” “Little Miss Sunshine” or “Napoleon Dynamite.”
The word is that Tribeca will release it in mid -December. Colfer, who has to return to “Glee” soon, is keeping busy sort of 24/7. He’s written a horror film he hopes to shoot next winter in Louisiana. “We were going to shoot it in August,” he told me at People magazine’s swanky party for the BEA Book convention last night at the Top of the Standard.
“Then we realized there’s no snow in Louisiana now.” Whoops! So Colfer will keep busy promoting his new book, “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell,” the first part of a trilogy for teens, which Little Brown for Young Readers publishes on July 17th.
And yes, he is just 22 (on May 27th). This Colfer kid is a keeper. More projects are coming. And what about “Glee”? He told me the actors don’t know exactly what’s happening until they get their first scripts. But Colfer’s character graduated from high school, so now he and the other grads will head to New York as “Glee” becomes a show within a show

But I heard there is no snow in Louisiana in the winter either, so I don't know what is going on.
avatar
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Czech Republic
Real Name : Lenka

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  Shinra17 on 6/7/2012, 1:28 am


______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  fantastica on 6/7/2012, 4:54 am

Louisiana has a sub tropical weather. I don't think it ever snowed. Midwest yes but not the golf coast.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  BlueJazz on 6/7/2012, 6:53 am

arina wrote:
“Glee” Star Chris Colfer, 22, Sells Hot Film to DeNiro Company, and Publishes First Novel
You may know Chris Colfer from “Glee.” He’s just turned 22, and he’s threatening to become the next James Franco. The terrific film he wrote and starred in, “Struck by Lightning.” has been sold, I’m told, to Tribeca Films, Robert DeNiro and Jane Rosenthal’s company. This very mordant comedy hits every note just right, in the same vein as “Juno,” “Little Miss Sunshine” or “Napoleon Dynamite.”
The word is that Tribeca will release it in mid -December. Colfer, who has to return to “Glee” soon, is keeping busy sort of 24/7. He’s written a horror film he hopes to shoot next winter in Louisiana. “We were going to shoot it in August,” he told me at People magazine’s swanky party for the BEA Book convention last night at the Top of the Standard.
“Then we realized there’s no snow in Louisiana now.” Whoops! So Colfer will keep busy promoting his new book, “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell,” the first part of a trilogy for teens, which Little Brown for Young Readers publishes on July 17th.
And yes, he is just 22 (on May 27th). This Colfer kid is a keeper. More projects are coming. And what about “Glee”? He told me the actors don’t know exactly what’s happening until they get their first scripts. But Colfer’s character graduated from high school, so now he and the other grads will head to New York as “Glee” becomes a show within a show

But I heard there is no snow in Louisiana in the winter either, so I don't know what is going on.

Yay for SBL getting a distributor ! hola I read from p_f that Robert DeNiro was present when Chris accepted his Golden Globe award neutre I think you can see his reaction from the video but I have no idea what does he look like tonguue

I wish SBL is released earlier as I have no patience but my birthday is around mid-December so... Smile No idea about the new horror movie, though. I wish they're still working on it because I JUST CAN'T WAIT to see Chris playing an insane character Razz Plus, I kinda like horror movies coool

@bolded : Can people stop including this Glee shit after all the flawless news about Chris ? dryy I hate to feel a little less excited for Chris because of this stupid show that he happens to be in. Chris, please get a new and better series so that I can spend more time stanning for you in front of my screen.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 690
Join date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  fantastica on 6/7/2012, 9:03 am

about the new movie: will chris sport a southern accent since the locale is set in Lousianna? and that state gets snow like once every 5 or 10 yrs and if it does snow it never accumulates on the ground. If he wants snow he should look west.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/7/2012, 9:30 am

He should film it in Boston so I can be an extra

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  fantastica on 6/7/2012, 9:35 am

^ and tons of snow to boot. Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  brisallie on 6/7/2012, 10:25 am

BlueJazz wrote:
arina wrote:
“Glee” Star Chris Colfer, 22, Sells Hot Film to DeNiro Company, and Publishes First Novel
You may know Chris Colfer from “Glee.” He’s just turned 22, and he’s threatening to become the next James Franco. The terrific film he wrote and starred in, “Struck by Lightning.” has been sold, I’m told, to Tribeca Films, Robert DeNiro and Jane Rosenthal’s company. This very mordant comedy hits every note just right, in the same vein as “Juno,” “Little Miss Sunshine” or “Napoleon Dynamite.”
The word is that Tribeca will release it in mid -December. Colfer, who has to return to “Glee” soon, is keeping busy sort of 24/7. He’s written a horror film he hopes to shoot next winter in Louisiana. “We were going to shoot it in August,” he told me at People magazine’s swanky party for the BEA Book convention last night at the Top of the Standard.
“Then we realized there’s no snow in Louisiana now.” Whoops! So Colfer will keep busy promoting his new book, “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell,” the first part of a trilogy for teens, which Little Brown for Young Readers publishes on July 17th.
And yes, he is just 22 (on May 27th). This Colfer kid is a keeper. More projects are coming. And what about “Glee”? He told me the actors don’t know exactly what’s happening until they get their first scripts. But Colfer’s character graduated from high school, so now he and the other grads will head to New York as “Glee” becomes a show within a show

But I heard there is no snow in Louisiana in the winter either, so I don't know what is going on.

Yay for SBL getting a distributor ! hola I read from p_f that Robert DeNiro was present when Chris accepted his Golden Globe award neutre I think you can see his reaction from the video but I have no idea what does he look like tonguue

I wish SBL is released earlier as I have no patience but my birthday is around mid-December so... Smile No idea about the new horror movie, though. I wish they're still working on it because I JUST CAN'T WAIT to see Chris playing an insane character Razz Plus, I kinda like horror movies coool

@bolded : Can people stop including this Glee shit after all the flawless news about Chris ? dryy I hate to feel a little less excited for Chris because of this stupid show that he happens to be in. Chris, please get a new and better series so that I can spend more time stanning for you in front of my screen.

I remember Robert DeNiro was in front of the stage and he looked quite interested, I even remember a woman was telling him something to his ear, probably who was this boy giving a speech to everyone after won a GG. So I'm glad his company gonna be the distributor. And hopefully the movie release gonna be your BEST birthday present ever!

I'm also SO excited for his new movie and we finally know when he's gonna start shooting, though is he the one who choose the places? Maybe he's not an expert in weather but I think he did a research about Lousiana's winter weather at least.


______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  Delight on 6/7/2012, 10:46 am

BlueJazz wrote:
@bolded : Can people stop including this Glee shit after all the flawless news about Chris ? dryy I hate to feel a little less excited for Chris because of this stupid show that he happens to be in. Chris, please get a new and better series so that I can spend more time stanning for you in front of my screen.

If we are getting so irritated just reading about journalists bugging Chris for Glee spoilers when he's answering questions about his own projects, you can imagine what it must be like for Chris. In fact, he's had a lot to say about journalists who have Glee or Kurt tunnel-vision when they try to (pretend to) interview him about The Land of Stories in his BEA speech.

Chris has the patience of a saint, to be able to deal with these sorts of people suure
avatar
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1981
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Australia
Real Name : Zining

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  Emile on 6/7/2012, 4:14 pm

arina wrote:About new movie!


“Glee” Star Chris Colfer, 22, Sells Hot Film to DeNiro Company, and Publishes First Novel
You may know Chris Colfer from “Glee.” He’s just turned 22, and he’s threatening to become the next James Franco. The terrific film he wrote and starred in, “Struck by Lightning.” has been sold, I’m told, to Tribeca Films, Robert DeNiro and Jane Rosenthal’s company. This very mordant comedy hits every note just right, in the same vein as “Juno,” “Little Miss Sunshine” or “Napoleon Dynamite.”
The word is that Tribeca will release it in mid -December. Colfer, who has to return to “Glee” soon, is keeping busy sort of 24/7. He’s written a horror film he hopes to shoot next winter in Louisiana. “We were going to shoot it in August,” he told me at People magazine’s swanky party for the BEA Book convention last night at the Top of the Standard.
“Then we realized there’s no snow in Louisiana now.” Whoops! So Colfer will keep busy promoting his new book, “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell,” the first part of a trilogy for teens, which Little Brown for Young Readers publishes on July 17th.
And yes, he is just 22 (on May 27th). This Colfer kid is a keeper. More projects are coming. And what about “Glee”? He told me the actors don’t know exactly what’s happening until they get their first scripts. But Colfer’s character graduated from high school, so now he and the other grads will head to New York as “Glee” becomes a show within a show

But I heard there is no snow in Louisiana in the winter either, so I don't know what is going on.
Whoo, finally the movie distributions deal! Even if the guy doesn't sound so sure. Shocked

And I'm excited for the new movie, at the end he hasn't abandoned this project!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

'Barrabas came to us by sea'
avatar
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-03-16
Location : Yes.
Real Name : Valentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  Shinra17 on 6/7/2012, 4:20 pm

BlueJazz wrote:I read from p_f that Robert DeNiro was present when Chris accepted his Golden Globe award neutre I think you can see his reaction from the video but I have no idea what does he look like tonguue


From right to left, in the circles, you have Michael Douglas, Robert de Niro and Ann Hathaway, who are all focused on Chris.

brisallie wrote:I remember Robert DeNiro was in front of the stage and he looked quite interested, I even remember a woman was telling him something to his ear, probably who was this boy giving a speech to everyone after won a GG.
I don't really understand how can people know what the celebrities are talking about in the crowd, unless you can read on the lips but Chris said in an interview that De Niro was watching Glee, so I guess he knew who Chris was.




Last edited by Shinra17 on 6/7/2012, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/7/2012, 4:24 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:I read from p_f that Robert DeNiro was present when Chris accepted his Golden Globe award neutre I think you can see his reaction from the video but I have no idea what does he look like tonguue


From right to left, in the circles, you have kirk Douglas, Robert de Niro and Ann Hathaway, who are all focused on Chris.

brisallie wrote:I remember Robert DeNiro was in front of the stage and he looked quite interested, I even remember a woman was telling him something to his ear, probably who was this boy giving a speech to everyone after won a GG.
I don't really understand how can people know what the celebrities are talking about in the crowd, unless you can read on the lips but Chris said in an interview that De Niro was watching Glee, so I guess he knew who Chris was.



Psst. Isn't it Michael Douglas? Kirk is like a million years old.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  BlueJazz on 6/7/2012, 4:26 pm

Delight wrote:
Chris has the patience of a saint, to be able to deal with these sorts of people suure

Sure he has wub I might have lost my temper if I were in his position tonguue

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 690
Join date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  Shinra17 on 6/7/2012, 4:27 pm

@karen: LOL I was watching pics from a movie with him and Lauren Bacall and I forgot his son... Laughing

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2126
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  bayth on 6/7/2012, 6:14 pm

What I loved about that Golden Globe moment was Anne Hathaway giving Chris a standing ovation as he's walking to the podium. I believe Chris is the reason she had any interest in doing Glee. She wanted to work with him - she recognizes his talent.
avatar
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1114
Join date : 2012-03-17
Location : Oregon
Real Name : Beth

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  E-ko on 6/7/2012, 6:39 pm

^ Anne Hathaway is such a gorgeous human being that I'm still not sure if I'm sad that Chris didn't get to work with her or glad that she hasn't had to put up with Glee's bad management etc. Her public call-out of Murphy was splendid, though.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Posts : 133
Join date : 2012-04-16
Location : The Netherlands
Real Name : Ellie

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  fountain on 6/7/2012, 7:20 pm

E-ko wrote: Her public call-out of Murphy was splendid, though.

What public call out?

fountain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  fantastica on 6/7/2012, 7:31 pm

she was on one of hte talk shows and they asked what happened to her glee deal and she said rm never called her. so she yelled to the camera "hay ryan murphy, call me" or something like that.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  brisallie on 6/7/2012, 7:38 pm

Delight wrote:...

Chris has the patience of a saint, to be able to deal with these sorts of people suure

He needs that patience!!! Because most of the interviews are gonna be related to Glee until he's definitely leaving the show. Gosh,I remember the speech from yesterday and I burst out of laughing when he said "tell us something about working with Lindsay Lohan" so the best weapon he has to deal with this, besides his huge patience, is his sense of humour Razz

bayth wrote:What I loved about that Golden Globe moment was Anne Hathaway giving Chris a standing ovation as he's walking to the podium. I believe Chris is the reason she had any interest in doing Glee. She wanted to work with him - she recognizes his talent.

Love that moment wub Anne seemed genuinely happy for him Smile

she was on one of hte talk shows and they asked what happened to her glee deal and she said rm never called her. so she yelled to the camera "hay ryan murphy, call me" or something like that.

Really?!! Do you remember the talk show? I wanna see that moment hahahaha

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  ColferInspired on 6/8/2012, 12:32 am

That is really great news about Chris's movie.

I would love to know who the rest of the cast is. I guess we will start getting more details nearer the date that he starts filming. I hope we get another lot of onset photo's.

His movie sounds quite dark. It probably is being filmed in the west, if it snows there.

I am more excited by this than Glee.

Robert De Nero, that is huge. He is an actor that have liked, but not one of my ultimate favourites.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  arina on 6/8/2012, 2:39 am

Anne Hathaway was one of the guest stars I was the most excited about. I really like her and also I thought that the presence of Kurt's aunt could explain us something more about Kurt's mother and Anne + Chris's duet would be awesome! I think that she maybe was attracted to Kurt's story because I think I read once her brother is gay and her family quit Catholic Church because of its intolerance of homosexuality.
avatar
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Czech Republic
Real Name : Lenka

Back to top Go down

It's official

Post  fantastica on 6/19/2012, 11:58 am

Colfer's comedy film gets distributor
NEW YORK, June 19 (UPI) -- Tribeca Film says it has acquired the U.S. rights to "Glee" star Chris Colfer's big-screen debut, the high-school comedy "Struck By Lightning."

Colfer also wrote the screenplay for the movie, which had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival this spring. Directed by Brian Dannelly, it co-stars Allison Janney, Polly Bergen, Rebel Wilson, Christina Hendricks, Dermot Mulroney, Sarah Hyland and Angela Kinsey.

Tribeca Film said it plans a late 2012 theatrical and Video on Demand release.

"Showcasing his remarkable talents not only as an actor but as a writer and storyteller, Chris Colfer infuses this reinvention of the high-school comic-drama with such spirit and joy that he almost makes us fondly nostalgic," Geoff Gilmore, chief creative officer of Tribeca Enterprises, said in a statement. "Rousing, fresh, superbly acted by a strong ensemble, and wonderfully directed by Brian Dannelly, we are delighted to be partnering with Chris and his fellow filmmakers to share this new take on a classic genre for a new generation."

"I'm so thrilled to be partnering with a company as passionate about this film as we are," Colfer said.

"I was hoping 'Struck by Lightning' would end up somewhere like Tribeca Film, because I watch films all the time on demand," Dannelly said. "It's exciting that an independent film like ours can now be seen by so many people -- instantly -- at the same time the film is premiering in theaters."

"High-school senior Carson Phillips was destined for bigger things than his close-minded small town could ever offer. He was on a path to greatness, but destiny had a different plan when he was suddenly killed by a bolt of lightning in his school parking lot," a synopsis said. "Demonstrating that life is what happens while you're busy planning your future, Carson recounts the last few weeks of his life via witty, insightful flashbacks."
source

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  fantastica on 6/19/2012, 12:00 pm

my feeling is theatrical release will be limited in some major cities but the good thing is everybody else can get it via video on demand.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  Emile on 6/19/2012, 12:24 pm

UHH! Even this way I think the film is probably going to be limited released, but it sure has guaranteed more accessibility.

And in the rticle they said some really positive things!! Yay!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

'Barrabas came to us by sea'
avatar
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-03-16
Location : Yes.
Real Name : Valentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  fantastica on 6/19/2012, 12:41 pm

i just posted the formal announcement in the main SBL thread. I didn't realize there are so many sbl threads. grrrr....

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum