I remember that! So adorable!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  brisallie on 6/6/2013, 6:26 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I saw this pic in the tumblr chris colfer tag and I just melted.....I mean.....*guh*. aa54

x

I've always found it amusing how Chris ended up being really close to both Ashley, Dot-Marie, and Dianna, but he's never actually had any scenes with them really. Except one or 2 with Dianna. Oh, irony. Razz

So true. Actually I'm still wondering how Chris and Ashley became friends, they never had a scene together! And I kinda understand his friendship with Dianna, because back then in season one the cast was inseparable.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 7:13 pm

Wasn't Ashley just an extra?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 6/6/2013, 7:17 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Wasn't Ashley just an extra?

She was Lauren Zizes, that super bad-ass chick who dated Puck in season 2.
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 7:26 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Wasn't Ashley just an extra?

She was Lauren Zizes, that super bad-ass chick who dated Puck in season 2.

I mean she started off as an extra who drooled over Will during the Toxic number. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 6/8/2013, 8:51 am

CHECK THIS OUT !!!!!!!

I was reading today's papers (BLIC (Flash) - probably our biggest publication) and came to the programing pages and look what I saw that was going to be on Serbian HBO tonight (which I don't have BTW :( )

The writeup is (my free translation) :
An ingenious, frivolous comedy about surviving high school when your friends don't understand you, your parents think you are crazy and when all that is left are your dreams.
Cast : Chris Colfer, Rebel Wilson,...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 6/8/2013, 9:54 am

tanita_mors wrote:CHECK THIS OUT !!!!!!!

I was reading today's papers (BLIC (Flash) - probably our biggest publication) and came to the programing pages and look what I saw that was going to be on Serbian HBO tonight (which I don't have BTW )

The writeup is (my free translation) :
An ingenious, frivolous comedy about surviving high school when your friends don't understand you, your parents think you are crazy and when all that is left are your dreams.
Cast : Chris Colfer, Rebel Wilson,...

It is good that it will be seen in Serbia.

But I'm sorry you don't have HBO.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/8/2013, 11:24 am

HBO has all the good stuff! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 6/8/2013, 3:19 pm

who needs HBO?! Ivana you are the queen of downloads. you have already seen the movie. you would NOT miss HBO. Smile

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/8/2013, 9:02 pm

^ True.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 6/11/2013, 7:28 am

The French air trafic are on strike since yesterday (i had to switch my flight to Caen for a 6 hour train trip, eugh...I love my job...) I hope Chris will still manage to come to Paris... dryy
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 6/11/2013, 7:39 am

coxfire wrote:The French air trafic are on strike since yesterday (i had to switch my flight to Caen for a 6 hour train trip, eugh...I love my job...) I hope Chris will still manage to come to Paris... dryy

I was worried about this for some. Thankfully there are airports "near", hopefully they won't reach their capacity if all flights are trying to redirect there.

I have had a good luck with my flights almost all the time, strikes have either just ended or about to start. There was a close call once because of the transfers from the previous cancelled flights. We just dropped and dropped on the list, but were nearly the last ones taken onboard on the full flight.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 6/11/2013, 10:28 am

coxfire wrote:The French air trafic are on strike since yesterday (i had to switch my flight to Caen for a 6 hour train trip, eugh...I love my job...) I hope Chris will still manage to come to Paris... dryy
Chris is already in Paris, but I've already read a few desperate fans having seen their flights cancelled.
I hope that everyone who made plans to go there for Chris will find alternative transportation. Some of them used their savings to see Chris. It would be so disappointing if they couldn't go. :(

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 6/18/2013, 5:54 pm

I think this belongs here:

x

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 6/19/2013, 2:41 am

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 6/19/2013, 3:38 pm

It's nice for SBL to get a premiere in Paris because IMO  French Cinema appreciates small indie type of character films that get lost in the shuffle here in the States.    So for Chris' film to be appreciated like that is something Chris will remember for a long time.

It's not just a movie he starred in, Struck by Lightning is Chris' "baby".
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 6/22/2013, 6:22 pm

The SBL DVD will be released and available at Amazon.co.uk on September 30.
Price: £10.63. (Pre-order Price Guarantee)

bounce

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 6/24/2013, 9:39 am

BSKYB have acquired the Pay-TV rights to SBL in the UK.

So, in a way it doesn't matter if it is not going to be in movie theatres.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 6/25/2013, 2:52 am

Glorfindel wrote:The SBL DVD will be released and available at Amazon.co.uk on September 30.
Price: £10.63. (Pre-order Price Guarantee)

bounce

FINALLY!!! hola
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 6/25/2013, 9:24 am

Not sure whether I should post this here or in the Chris in France thread...

Anyway, here's a translated interview article about SBL (courtesy of Shinra, one of our CCFF alumni, who has the fortune to speak French and live in France Smile):

Chris Colfer : "Struck n'aurait jamais pu se faire sans Glee"
Le 19/06/13 publié par Charlotte Vaccaro

Purebreak: Struck is based on an idea that you had at 16 years old, more or less the age of Carson in the movie. Can we say that it is autobiographical?
Chris Colfer: The idea of Struck is based on all the frustration I had at the age of 16. But otherwise, it is not at all autobiographical. This is a real fiction. The real common thing is that Carson and I were both president of the writing club. But that’s all.

How did this story come to you?
I was a rather brilliant but not very popular teen, and I found that there was no film or story about people like me. All films that are about school, are mainly devoted to cliques. Then the idea of Struck came to me. I told myself a story like mine would make a really nice movie.

Seven years have elapsed between the idea of ​​Struck and the production of the film. Much has changed in so long?
Nothing has really changed. Everything is more or less the same thing. The first draft of the script is the one we used for the shooting. The story remained intact.

Once you were 16, have you imagined that you would one day make Struck into a movie?
It’s funny, but yes. I do not know why, because I was just a teenager in a small town, but I was convinced that it would become a movie. I thought, “of course, it comes out in theaters. I’ll find a job, people will like me and they will want to make a film with me. ” And that’s what happened, thank you God!

You were “struck” by the idea of ​​becoming an artist?
Writing was a way to escape. When I was little, I loved movies and I was so sad when the movie ended. And I thought that the only way that the film does not end, was to be on the other side of the screen.

Has making Struck been possible without the success of Glee?
Oh, no. I do not think anyone would have been interested without Glee. I owe a lot to the series. But it has not been easy. We took a lot of appointments with production managers and studio heads, and nobody really believed in this movie. There are so many teens like Carson Phillips in the world, young bright and motivated teens, but in the United States, movies for teens are always about idiots who lose their virginity. But young people are not confined to that. So, as Struck was different from all that, they all wanted to change it. So, I quickly realized that this would be an independent film.

Carson and Kurt, your character on Glee, are both “outcasts” but they are very different. Which one are you like most?
I would say I’m a bit of both, perhaps. Kurt keeps everything to him, while Carson is more abrupt, aggressive and sharp. So I like to think I’m in between.

You loved playing a character so different, more sassy?
That was fun to play a character who doesn't allow other people to control him, because I do not think Kurt defend himself enough. He tends to let people make fun of him. I liked to put myself in the shoes of a sarcastic character with repartee.

Another actor could have played the part or that was your role?
I am often asked this question, and I answer Meryl Streep because she can play everything (laughs). But I do not know … I can not imagine another actor. Probably because he’s in my head for so many years, and I always imagined myself in my role.

In the film, there is a pretty friendly relationship between Carson and Malory (Rebel Wilson). It was difficult to find the right actress for the role?
Rebel Wilson was the real miracle of this film. She was casted the night before the first day of shooting. We auditioned many actresses, and they were all great, but they do not have that perfect blend of quirkiness and originality. Rebel then arrived and we were amazed. Nine hours later, she was onboard.

Rebel Wilson is now a huge star in Hollywood …
Oh, yes. And indeed, we shot Struck just before she made Hit Girls. So we managed to get her just before she really exploded. She had already made My Best Friends, and I loved it, but she didn't make much else before Struck. This is probably why we were able to have her. She is incredible. Besides, I am still in contact with her, I text her constantly.

In Struck, there are many familiar faces, series actors. Did you contribute to their casting?
Yes, very much. Actually, the casting process was extremely simple. As soon as we asked someone if he wanted to participate in the film, he replied yes! Even people like Allison Janney, Christina Hendricks (Mad Men), Dermot Mulroney … No way we could have thought of having such actors. But they loved the script and did not hesitate.

Speaking of TV, which series are you addicted?
I love Downtown Abbey, Veep, Nurse Jackie … And I love everything documentary. Then recently, I watch a lot of bad reality TV, like Real Housewives. I understand that you have it in France too. It’s bad but it’s funny to watch.

What would a series created by Chris Colfer be like?
I think it would be an American version of Absolutely Fabulous. Not necessarily on the same subjects, but this type of program where everything is exaggerated, and each line of dialogue is funny. I would love to do that.

Before any new series, you're working on another film …
Yes, I wrote a lot of movies. I have four that just ask to be started.

How do you find time to do everything?
That’s the problem. This is why my films are waiting quietly in my shelves, because I do not have enough time (laughs).

You wrote a movie, a book, you’re a star hit series … what are your other dreams? Release a studio album?
An album, I think that’s what my fans expect the most from me. I thought about it, I’m still not totally convinced, but I'm still thinking. Otherwise, I’d love to play on stage, a play or a musical on Broadway.

source
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 6/27/2013, 10:30 am

Here's another French article, translated by Shinra. neutre

Struck : le heros de Glee Chris Colfer presente son premier film
Publiée Le Mercredi 19 Juin 2013 par Aurélie Corbin

In "Struck," Carson tells his adventures in a sort of flashback, after being struck by lightning. Why did you take the party to announce the death of the character from the beginning of the film?
I thought it was ideal for giving a lesson, it was more dramatic ... In the film, he so expects that his life begins that he never really lives in the moment. The fact that he finally learns to live and be happy, just before his life is taken away, serves as a tragic example ...

In "Glee" and "Struck", you use your personal experiences to give advice and hope to young people. Is that important to you, as an actor, to use your work to deliver messages?
I think I'm lucky to be able to do so, yes. When I wanted to become an actor, this was not what I was looking for, and I really did not plan to become a model, or an ambassador for anything. But I think if you can afford to help someone, you actually have to.

Is that's why you found yourself in the 100 most influential people by TIME?
Maybe! I'm still waiting for someone to tell me I had a good influence on him! (Laughs) But I think it's my role as Kurt in "Glee" which earn me that title ...

You used to act in a series, what it's like to be on the set of a movie?
It was very different ... Even the way we filmed had nothing to do with the way on Glee. In Glee, we filmed the last four seasons on film, and it takes time to put everything in place, cameras, lights, etc. ... "Struck" was shot in digital, which is very easy to set. For example, we shot the scenes between Alison and me in the dark, because digital camera can absorb much more light than a conventional camera. It was much faster, and it's true that it's nice to have a deadline, to see the finish line ...

What's it like to be writer and executive producer of his own film?
It's great. I'm glad I had both hats, because ultimately, it was my story and I was able to keep control over it, as a producer, and I could tell it the way I wanted, as a writer.

And what did you think of the role of writer?
I never thought about turning it into a book (it was during the first screening of the film "Struck By Lightning" his agent told him that it would make a great book, ed.), it's true that I did things backwards. But I feel that it is much easier to write a script than a book, it takes less time anyway. And with the movie, you know you'll get help to make the story come alive, there is the costume designer, the sets department etc., who are there to keep things working. But in the book, you really have to give all the details, the descriptions of the places, the characters ...

And if you had the opportunity to have your own column in a magazine, as it's the dream of Carson, what magazine it would be?
Oh, that's a good question! I never thought or wanted to become a journalist, I prefer creative writing like scenarios and books ... But if I had a column, it would be in a fun magazine. Perhaps the New York Times, but I do not know if they would like to have me in their pages! I will certainly have a very satirical column, in which I discuss things that bother me, making fun of it.

You stayed a week in Paris: what do you think of our capital?
I just love Paris ... This is one of my favorite cities. And I love Versailles, I've been there four times I think (this is also where he went the day after the interview, ed.) I love everything related to history actually, visiting museums, seeing exhibitions.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 7/1/2013, 2:31 am

Struck by Lightning

Showing @ Cineworld, Edinburgh, Fri 28 & Sun 30 Jun

Brian Dannelly / USA / 2012 / 84 mins

Chris Colfer is most famous as Glee‘s gay icon, Kurt Hummel. But what is perhaps less well known is that Colfer is also a best-selling author and was once voted one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people. Struck by Lightning is Colfer’s feature debut both as writer and actor. Cynical viewers could say that the role of vituperative student Carson Philips is not a vast departure from Kurt Hummel – both talented teen outcasts whose social status is hopelessly misaligned with their ambition. But to dismiss this film as a cynical Glee cash-in would be a huge disservice to Colfer, and could lead one to miss out on one of the best teen films in years.

The acerbic Colfer and Rebel Wilson as his loyal but awkward sidekick Malerie both deliver laugh-out-loud performances. The supporting ably carry off a script as rich in pathos as it is in sarcasm. Alison Janney is wonderfully affecting as Carson’s single mother, a woman whose dreams have long since abandoned her and Christina Hendricks delivers an unusually understated performance in a small, but crucial role. Struck by Lightning may be set in the realms of high school but it is a reminder of just how wise – and universal – a teen movie can be in the right hands.

Showing as part of the Edinburgh International Film Festival 2013

Gallery
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 7/21/2013, 7:08 pm

Delight wrote:Is that's why you found yourself in the 100 most influential people by TIME?
Maybe! I'm still waiting for someone to tell me I had a good influence on him! (Laughs) But I think it's my role as Kurt in "Glee" which earn me that title ...

He does not give himself enough credit. Yes, Kurt is lovely but Chris himself is a good influence and an inspiration too. I'm sure thousands of fans have told him in person and millions through fan mail. I cannot think of another celebrity with as much of a good influence on young people as Chris right now.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 7/26/2013, 5:36 am

Boy, does this movie get around. Smile 

Struck By Lighting. On Fox Movies. In less than an hour. Holy shit. HOLY SHIT.
asdfghjkl
HAPPY NABBY IS HAPPYYYY!!
Malaysians : GO WATCH. NOW!
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 7/26/2013, 6:38 pm

*is still waiting for SBL to appear on TV where I live* fanny2 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma