Some interior illustrations & First few pages Preview

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Some interior illustrations & First few pages Preview

Post  tanita_mors on 5/29/2012, 4:19 pm

I think Chris point is that "that every side deserves to be heard". People tend to bealive that when people do heinous things they don't deserve the right to tell their life story and why they did what they did. People aren't born evil, they are in most cases made - by genetics, upbringing and environment. Monsters in most cases very someones elses victims before. That doesn't absolve them of their crimes, in the least, but "why and what led to why" is the basis of behavior science. Also, we need villains, we need that darkness because without it how would you know the light, what is good and right. Most fairy tales are very black/white because children need to be thought of that difference early on and without doubt. Only later, as we get older we realize that life and peoples actions aren't night and day, but perpetual shades of gray. It's when people say that "one nations terrorist are another nations freedom fighters". It's all in the perspective.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 5/29/2012, 4:22 pm

It's no wonder that "Wicked" is Chris's favorite musical. It's basically the prime example of one story's villain, is another story's hero.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 5/29/2012, 8:32 pm

I really like that quote. It may not apply in all cases, but there are definitely two sides to every story.

Spoiler:
And it's the Evil Queen who said that, so obviously it tells us to look forward to a new way of looking at the Snow White story. It's part of the plot, not necessarily what Chris thinks, and if Chris thinks that it's obviously not in all cases.

It's so strange that people are taking it out of context. People don't quote characters from other books and say that's what the author believes do they?
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 5/29/2012, 9:09 pm

Side dyeing this fandom. This is the same fandom who analyse every in glee and blame every little characterization and plot and dialogue and motive etc. Let them say whatever they want. Its the hiatus so they need to tear something else down.

I bet that ga has already pre-ordered the book and will read the whole thing in 2 hrs. Of course we know her reaction already. She is totally predictable.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/30/2012, 1:47 am

I read a little bit of that preview and I already love what I have read.

I will wait until I get the book then I can read the whole thing.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 5/30/2012, 2:52 am

not reading. until it arives on my Kindle.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Some interior illustrations & First few pages Preview

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 6/1/2012, 4:52 am

arina wrote:
Delight wrote:For those of you who wants to read the omitted pages on the Amazon website, some kind soul had posted the scanned pages on tumblr:

Link

Here are some of my thoughts. I'll try to avoid being too spoiler-ish here:

The prologue looks interesting. I imagine that the reader would be shown a POV that is usually neglected in fairy tales.

It's hard to form any opinions about the main characters at this point, as we've only been shown a brief introduction so far. I thought one of the twins speaks with words that are a bit too impressive for someone that age. I'm wondering if the precocious nature that is being depicted is something that Chris is drawing from his own life.

Anyway, I heard through the grapevine that the good stuff doesn't come until one-seventh into the novel, so I'll refrain from saying more until I get my copy of TLOS.
That was my impression too and the class seemed kind of hard for such young kids. But other than that I think it seems promising, especially for first book of someone.

I really hope people will buy it.

I agree,and also hope people will buy it. I know I will.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top