Chris at ALA Annual Conference, June 23, 2012

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris at ALA Annual Conference, June 23, 2012

Post  fantastica on 6/24/2012, 4:25 pm

brisallie wrote:
I don't know what are the rules of stalkers, but Chris is not at home because he's busy with his book tour so what's the problem to see the house from outside?
it doesn't matter if chris is home or not. I am not asking Paulo to stalk chris. I asked him to check on his house to see if its front has been renovated yet. here's a pic of his old house before he bought it (on the left):

the pic on teh right is a digital mockup by someone who reported chris real estate purchase, assumbly someone who has architectural training.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/24/2012, 5:15 pm

fantastica wrote:hay, if you are still in LA today, hop onto a taxi and go visit Chris' house! and tell us if he changed the front of the house yet. I love houses and architecture and always watch the house shows on tv. just curious. the front of is house when he first bought it was atrocious.

fantastica wrote:
brisallie wrote:
I don't know what are the rules of stalkers, but Chris is not at home because he's busy with his book tour so what's the problem to see the house from outside?
it doesn't matter if chris is home or not. I am not asking Paulo to stalk chris. I asked him to check on his house to see if its front has been renovated yet. here's a pic of his old house before he bought it (on the left):

the pic on teh right is a digital mockup by someone who reported chris real estate purchase, assumbly someone who has architectural training.

Kim has turned into creepy old stalker lady since she saw Chris at the Tribeca Film Festival. Someone warn Chris' people!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 6/24/2012, 5:24 pm

fantastica wrote:

Wait, is that like directly on the street? I'd hate to live right next to a street without any front garden/off-road parking space for guests/front fence. Well, I guess that means slightly bigger backyard/terrace.

Besides Google Earth/Streetview is weird but I have to admit also quite valid tool but when I looked at my childhood home I clearly saw my father doing yard clearing dispite the face blurring. He didn't know he was a internet phenomenon, IF you want to watch that precise address. Smile
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 6/24/2012, 7:36 pm

i don't think his house has a back yard. i think it's a steep cliff right outside his back door (if he has a back door). this is a house w/o much of a "yard". I think it suits him just fine because it would be bad if paps/fans are waiting outside trying to catch a glimps of him working on his yard or something. i would like to have a house w/o any yard because I hate doing yard work.

and this house thing has nothing to do w/ chris. I would love to have someone check on the house even if chris moves out. it would be a great project to do on TV - it's rare to have a really ugly house to work on. i am talking about the outside of the house only.

I should have become an architect. I always want to fix people's houses!!! phr34r

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl on 6/24/2012, 8:19 pm

Loved the snippets of the conference so far we've gotten from twitter and those 2 youtube videos! Chris is always such an enchanting speaker, I love listening to him. He was also looking handsome as always.

As a writer, I also really loved how he said he hates that the success (he said "full life", but same meaning) of a book is often determined, nowadays, by whether or not it gets a movie adaptation. And that he wants his book to just be a book for a while. It means a lot to me that Chris hates that idea too, that books have only lived once they're movies, and was really awesome of him to say. wub

paulopf wrote:Just came back from ALA conference!

Well, our super efficient admin already posted the highlights and I didn't get pics. But I've a video of the speech and the q&a. Shaky and bad quality, but still. Alas, I am not sure if I'll be able to upload it today or if I'll have to wait til Wednesday when I get back home, but I'll eventually post it anyway.

But! Most important! I got my own Land of Stories! And Chris Colfer is honestly impressive. The auditorium was at full capacity and the audience was totally captivated. He was funny, smart, humble, perfect. Serious and severe when he had to. Yeah: the question about bullying.

No Glee stupidity and, most important zero klaine stupidity. People of all ages attended, mostly adults.

I'll probably write more later, when I get down from heaven. For now I'm gonna try to upload the vid.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I'm so so so SO happy for you Paulo!! I'm so delighted for you that you got to see Chris and attend his conference and get his book earlier than all of us and hear his wonderful voice in the same room as yourself and look upon his beauty in person. (I'm only a little jealous, it shows tonguue ) But no, honestly I'm so happy for you. wub wub I hope you had a wonderful time! And that you're having fun in L.A.

Thank you so much for sharing your video with us, too, when you post it. That's so nice of you. I can't wait to see it!
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 6/24/2012, 9:49 pm

i was wrong. his hair isn't much shorter.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 6/25/2012, 1:06 am

ColferGirl wrote:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I'm so so so SO happy for you Paulo!! I'm so delighted for you that you got to see Chris and attend his conference and get his book earlier than all of us and hear his wonderful voice in the same room as yourself and look upon his beauty in person. (I'm only a little jealous, it shows tonguue ) But no, honestly I'm so happy for you. wub wub I hope you had a wonderful time! And that you're having fun in L.A.

Thank you so much for sharing your video with us, too, when you post it. That's so nice of you. I can't wait to see it!

Thank you! Unfortunately, the uploading of the vid is taking way longer than expected. I'm not at home, so I don't have my computer and my personal assessors to help me with it. Will post it for sure on Thursday and I read someone in tumblr will do it on Monday. Smile
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 6/25/2012, 1:34 am

I'm so happy for you Paulo, and thanks in advance for uploading your video Smile. For some reason I'm not jealous at all, not even the tiniest bit. Maybe I'm sick or something tonguue

Some of my favourite parts are Chris talking about Brian (that will never get old) and Chris saying he'd like his book to remain a book for a while. I agree with him about the books being made into movies thing (though I do like to watch film adaptations and then compare them to the book and complain...Razz). And he was so funny with his "bourbon"-everyone seems to be convinced it's diet coke lol. It was cute when he asked whether there were any librarians from Clovis or Fresno.
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette on 6/25/2012, 3:08 am

fantastica wrote:
brisallie wrote:

how do you know where he lives? o.o
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Vid!

Post  paulopf on 6/25/2012, 3:33 am

Okay. Still working on the other parts. Will stay awake the whole night if I have to. This is the second part. It'll consist of four. In total, it's 39 minutes of glorious Colfer. Forgive the shakiness and all that.

paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 6/25/2012, 5:34 am

paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 6/25/2012, 6:28 am

paulopf wrote:
Paulo, you're the best, thank you sooo much for the videos!!!
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 6/25/2012, 6:29 am

The videos are great! And what shakiness are you talking about? Your hands are remarkably steady for someone breathing the same air as Chris Colfer Smile. Thanks! And don't feel the need to stay up all night, we'll all wait. You're awesome! wub
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 6/25/2012, 7:05 am

paulopf wrote:Okay. Still working on the other parts. Will stay awake the whole night if I have to. This is the second part. It'll consist of four. In total, it's 39 minutes of glorious Colfer. Forgive the shakiness and all that.
Thx you bb bisou What was he doing at the start of the vid? he was mocking the stupid questions he got from journalists? The video is perfectly watchable and the sound is excellent, I'm surprised since you seem to be quite far from the stage. His acting talent is really useful in this kind of speaker exercice.

Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 6/25/2012, 7:36 am

Final part. First bit will be ready in about a couple of hours. Sleep
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 6/25/2012, 7:38 am

Shinra17 wrote:
paulopf wrote:Okay. Still working on the other parts. Will stay awake the whole night if I have to. This is the second part. It'll consist of four. In total, it's 39 minutes of glorious Colfer. Forgive the shakiness and all that.
Thx you bb bisou What was he doing at the start of the vid? he was mocking the stupid questions he got from journalists? The video is perfectly watchable and the sound is excellent, I'm surprised since you seem to be quite far from the stage. His acting talent is really useful in this kind of speaker exercice.

Yes. He was mocking them. I'm glad you like the video! Yay! Razz Oh, yes. Also, in this kind of exercise it shows clearly how good he is at expressing whatever he wants with a gesticulation or a look. He's awesome. Back to sleep. First bit will be ready in a couple of hours. bisou
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 6/25/2012, 8:15 am

^ sweet dreams to you :* Hum, I was thinking, you were aware of the Q&A session? it could have been a way to talk to him, I'm sure you could have come up with an interesting question and maybe have him say your name and then keep the vid for posterity Smile

Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 6/25/2012, 8:22 am

better quality pics:

Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 6/25/2012, 9:21 am

HAHAHAH the mocking to the journalists remind me that he did the same during the BEA.

THX for these videos Paulo and I hope you slept well after working so hard. BTW you told me you were really nervous but as someone pointed before your hands are quite steady or its your mom who's recording this o.o. I know is you boy lol

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 6/25/2012, 10:10 am

The beginning, guys. Hope you enjoy it. Will be back to comment it. Love you all, worship the admin.

Last edited by Shinra17 on 6/25/2012, 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Screwed the link)
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 6/25/2012, 10:15 am

Shinra17 wrote:^ sweet dreams to you :* Hum, I was thinking, you were aware of the Q&A session? it could have been a way to talk to him, I'm sure you could have come up with an interesting question and maybe have him say your name and then keep the vid for posterity Smile

Question? Me? Are you insane? I would have died. panik My mother had a good one, but I forbade her to go to the microphone.
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 6/25/2012, 10:37 am

^ imagine the scene: Chris flying to your rescue, making CPR while your mother, with her usual awesomeness , wouldn't forget about filming the whole sequence. Sweet dream again uhuhu

Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile on 6/25/2012, 10:41 am

Videooooos! YAY! Thanks Paulo!

'Barrabas came to us by sea'
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 6/25/2012, 10:52 am

brisallie wrote:
HAHAHAH the mocking to the journalists remind me that he did the same during the BEA.

THX for these videos Paulo and I hope you slept well after working so hard. BTW you told me you were really nervous but as someone pointed before your hands are quite steady or its your mom who's recording this o.o. I know is you boy lol

You're very welcome! It was me filming, indeed, but I was shaking all over. At points the camera goes crazy.

Shinra17 wrote:^ imagine the scene: Chris flying to your rescue, making CPR while your mother, with her usual awesomeness , wouldn't forget about filming the whole sequence. Sweet dream again uhuhu

Awesomeness? She was totally planning to go to that mic and tell him that she had gone there with "her son Paulito". No way!

Emile wrote:Videooooos! YAY! Thanks Paulo!

Enjoy!
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 6/25/2012, 11:00 am

^ Haha, bah Chris would have been directly introduced to your little name Smile

Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top