Chris at ALA Annual Conference, June 23, 2012

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris at ALA Annual Conference, June 23, 2012

Post  paulopf on 6/25/2012, 11:05 am

panik panik panik panik panik panik panik panik panik

Vid wouldn't have been uploaded. Paulito would have died both of excitement and embarrassment. This will be cheesy, but my heart was going really fast just cause of seeing him up there.
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 6/25/2012, 11:09 am

paulopf wrote: panik panik panik panik panik panik panik panik panik

Vid wouldn't have been uploaded. Paulito would have died both of excitement and embarrassment. This will be cheesy, but my heart was going really fast just cause of seeing him up there.
Not cheesy at all, that's totally understandable. And the whole thing with your mother is cute. What was her question?
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 6/25/2012, 11:53 am

Thank You Paulo, I think we'd all be slobbering over you with real life kisses if we could. bisou Your video is amazing dispite the pulse rising situation.

And I feel like I'm yet again repeating myself, but everything in Chris screams charming, adorable and wise at the same time. I espcially had a laughing attack at his short "biography pose", those books always have that pose on their covers... Smile And he does the cute thing when talking to kids, his voice raises and I love that he asked the little girl how old she was. blushh
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 6/25/2012, 12:33 pm

Thanks Paulo, for flying to California, taking the effort to film the entire thing (and thereby having to watch Chris through a camera instead) and sacrificing your precious sleeping time on uploading these videos. bisou

The disadvantage of being the cameraman-- You missed a great opportunity to speak to Chris and ask him a question!

With regards to the Q&A, I sometimes wonder whether some of Chris's fans may have too high expectations from him. Chris himself is a budding author and screenwriter himself (an exceptionally talented one yes, but still new to the art), and people seem to expect him to know all the tricks of the trade. There are quite a few questions asking for tips to succeed as a screenwriter/author and how to get published and whatnot. Then there's also a question asking him about how people can reduce gay-bullying in schools. Chris was ready with his answer for that question, so it does seem that he had thought about it before; but I just find it a really unusual question to ask him at a ALA event. humhum
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 6/25/2012, 1:04 pm

Welcome back delight! We missed u!

Thqnx paulo!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 6/25/2012, 3:26 pm

paulopf wrote:

Shinra17 wrote:^ imagine the scene: Chris flying to your rescue, making CPR while your mother, with her usual awesomeness , wouldn't forget about filming the whole sequence. Sweet dream again uhuhu

Awesomeness? She was totally planning to go to that mic and tell him that she had gone there with "her son Paulito". No way!

Did she do? Umm I don't think so , because you would have fainted after to hear "Paulito" and the camera never falls. BUT as Shinra said it would have been a GREAT opportunity to receive help from nurse Chris Smile

@Delight, as you have said, lots of fans see Chris as a flawless person who's a hero, role model and multi-talented. So I'm not surprise to hear these questions, are questions that some fans usually repeat it. For me he has those characteristics too, but also I understand he doesn't have the answers of everything, he's jsut doing his best. BTW welcome back neutre

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz on 6/25/2012, 3:28 pm

fantastica wrote:
I should have become an architect. I always want to fix people's houses!!! phr34r

What happened to your architect dream?

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/25/2012, 3:32 pm

BlueJazz wrote:
fantastica wrote:
I should have become an architect. I always want to fix people's houses!!! phr34r

She auditioned for the architecture school, and nailed the audition, but then didn't get in because someone who failed their audition sent the dean of the school a huge box of carpenter's pencils got in instead. Then she was forced to go with her second choice career--cleaning spetic tanks.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 6/25/2012, 3:35 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:
fantastica wrote:

She auditioned for the architecture school, and nailed the audition, but then didn't get in because someone who failed their audition sent the dean of the school a huge box of carpenter's pencils got in instead. Then she was forced to go with her second choice career--cleaning spetic tanks.

ptdr

The name of that person who stole your dream started with "R" by coincidence?

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl on 6/25/2012, 8:18 pm

Just watched all the videos, and they were wonderful. I especially loved the Q and A and hearing Chris's different opinions on various things, it makes me really curious to see how he's portraying the fairytale characters in TLOS. I'm as excited for the book as ever, and Chris was as charming a speaker as always.

Thank you so much again Paulo for recording the whole thing, I'm so glad I got to see it. And you didn't shake at all, it's a perfect video, thank you thank you. bisou
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 6/25/2012, 9:49 pm

Thank you for the video's Paulo.

I am so happy that you got to go. The video's were wonderful. You did a great job recording this.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 6/26/2012, 4:49 am

fantastica wrote:Welcome back delight! We missed u!

Thanks. I've missed everyone here too Smile

Being cut off from the internet took some getting used to initially, and I'm glad to be back with my reliable internet service once more.

Jellyrolls wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:
fantastica wrote:

Razz

Once again, I'm reminded just how ridiculous Glee is. The show tries to be illogical and realistic at the same time, and that just doesn't work. What I have beef with is that it tries to be 'realistic' with Kurt (getting bullied, getting discriminated because of his femme gay status, getting rejected despite great auditions etc), but unbelievable exceptions are made when it comes to Rachel.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 6/26/2012, 9:25 am

from the event’s Monday ALA Cognotes

source

Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz on 6/26/2012, 9:44 am

Jellyrolls wrote:

ptdr OMG, THIS IS GOLD Razz Good one, Karen fanny2 I think you comedic writing is better than RIB, just saying. Maybe you should so a parody of Glee , like Community (I just watched the S3 Christmas ep and I can't stop lol at "Not liking Glee club doesn't make us bullies, implying that is reverse bullying ptdr ) and Glee Sims (which I think is funnier that Glee itself tonguue ). It would be A-MAH-ZING coool

Since you've said something cool, I'm gonna give you this:

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee on 6/28/2012, 12:04 pm

Sacteach took three videos of Chris' speech at ALA. She - or he, not sure which - gave me permission to post them on my blog, together in one place. http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/06/chris-colfer-speaks-at-american-library.html

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 6/28/2012, 2:49 pm

Finally back home. I'm happy I could share the experience with you, guys. It's a good thing Chris was so amazing all my shakiness went unnoticed. phr34r

By the way, I've been clubbing, by removing her comments, a certain troll that dared go to my youtube thing. tronco

@Ireth
My mom's question, since she's a high school Literature teacher was about engaging kids with books, awakening their interest in reading and telling stories. What advice Chris could provide, as a young man obviously interested in at least one aspect of the literary process. Well, I don't remember exactly how she planned to phrase it but it was something along those lines.

@Delight

Hm. I think I could make it into a full time job. Flying wherever Chris is and recording for fandom. Hire me, fandom people.

paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 6/28/2012, 3:17 pm

^ what do you mean by "clubbing"? also, I don't know you can get rid of YT comments. Glad you did that to that troll.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 6/28/2012, 4:08 pm

paulopf wrote:Hm. I think I could make it into a full time job. Flying wherever Chris is and recording for fandom. Hire me, fandom people.
If there will ever be an event in france with Chris, you'll be hired right away phr34r . Good come back to your daily life and thx again for all the vids ^^.

Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 6/28/2012, 8:16 pm

paulopf wrote:Finally back home. I'm happy I could share the experience with you, guys. It's a good thing Chris was so amazing all my shakiness went unnoticed. phr34r

By the way, I've been clubbing, by removing her comments, a certain troll that dared go to my youtube thing. tronco

Welcome to South America Paulo Smile How was your flight? and don't get what do you mean by "clubbing" but I guess you're erasing some comments from youtube humhum

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 6/28/2012, 10:43 pm

Here are some pics that I found on tumblr:

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 6/30/2012, 9:45 am

^ some people have really good photo material... thx.

Btw Paulo, after tumblr, it's the turn of ontd_glee to fall in love with you, your videos have been reposted there uhuhu tonguue

Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf on 6/30/2012, 10:54 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
If there will ever be an event in france with Chris, you'll be hired right away phr34r . Good come back to your daily life and thx again for all the vids ^^.

Chris Colfer! Get to France! Wow. It's been a week since I saw the Colfer in the flesh. I miss him. :(

brisallie wrote:
Welcome to South America Paulo Smile How was your flight? and don't get what do you mean by "clubbing" but I guess you're erasing some comments from youtube humhum

Clubbing= hitting repeatedly with a golf club. I think it's slang. I had agreat flight back, and la Latinoamérica, as Chris would say, is her usual self, but I can't hate her.

Shinra17 wrote:^ some people have really good photo material... thx.
Btw Paulo, after tumblr, it's the turn of ontd_glee to fall in love with you, your videos have been reposted there uhuhu tonguue

Lol. No tumblr love for me. It's just a few klainers, blainers, Daaren Criss stans and crisscolferers who think they can convert me. Seriously: turning me straight might be easier. And about that other place... No, thanks.
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 7/2/2012, 5:31 am

Link to blog entry

He was truly everything a librarian would want in a presenter–eloquent, witty, and inspirational.

I like reading essays/articles written by people expressing their admiration and love for Chis neutre

Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top