Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Main Thread

+51
Kurt addict
mindschemez
JamieRulz
bayth
coxfire
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
mae55
zuppid
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Adamina
tamara04
Sani
Catt24
Ranwing
LeòdhasachColfer
happydays
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
ladydianab
BlueJazz
fountain
valkeakuulas
kac
sahhar
CloveGlee
paulopf
emilynna
Divalicious
arina
Coolbeans3131
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Glorfindel
Rimbaux
dap1217
Delight
ColferGirl
brisallie
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
55 posters

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  fantastica 8/1/2015, 12:29 pm

not bad at all. actually once you are on the NYT best selling list even for one week you are automatically a NYT best selling author. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  Glorfindel 8/6/2015, 5:44 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Tumblr_nsobieAckV1u88r6co1_500

@chriscolfer HUGE thank you to all the independent booksellers! #TheLandOfStories is #1 on IndieBound for a third week in a row!

rooots
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/8/2015, 4:31 am

Last edited by Buenos on 8/8/2015, 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/8/2015, 4:41 am

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Tumblr_nsqw7xlDkI1tgney8o1_500
Not too shabby , 4th straight week in the top 3.
The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 3933776953 The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 3933776953
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/14/2015, 7:38 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Tumblr_nt318qY6Ih1qjlzrgo1_500
x

TLoS is now at #4 on the New York Times bestselling children series list. neutre
This is the 5th week he's on the list since TLoS4 came out, and the 9th week for the book series overall.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/14/2015, 11:30 pm

that's huge accomplishments. like i said once you are on NYT best seller list even once (even at number 10) you are forever a "NYT best seller author". it's really hard to get on that list. only mega authors and mega sellers get on that list. they are the cream of the crop, the tip of the pyramid. i assume chris is the youngest amongst these authors.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/15/2015, 6:21 am

those are all pretty successful series - maze runner, harry potter, percy jackson,divergent,... i've read them all. and interestingly enough, his is for the youngest of audience, while others are all young adult.

i wish he gets translated into serbian, and if his success continues maybe he will (all the other series on the list are). i really wanna read his stuff in my native tongue.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Empty Hi!

Post  sunshinefan1 8/19/2015, 10:59 pm

Just wanted to say hi! So - Hi! I'm late to the party. Just discovered TLOS - started reading/listening to the audio with my 5th grade kids. We're on Chapter 5 (read half today) and the kids absolutely love the book. I've been looking for a new series to catch their attention - hard to find something that 5th graders - both boys and girls would like. I know that the books get better and better, but this first book just captured my kids(students) interest and imagination. As a teacher I am so inspired with Chris Colfer - and I finally have another person my students can look up to.

I enjoy all the threads here - especially when I need a laugh! You guys are hysterical!
sunshinefan1
sunshinefan1
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/20/2015, 2:13 am

sunshinefan1 wrote:Just wanted to say hi! So - Hi! I'm late to the party. Just discovered TLOS - started reading/listening to the audio with my 5th grade kids. We're on Chapter 5 (read half today) and the kids absolutely love the book. I've been looking for a new series to catch their attention - hard to find something that 5th graders - both boys and girls would like. I know that the books get better and better, but this first book just captured my kids(students) interest and imagination. As a teacher I am so inspired with Chris Colfer - and I finally have another person my students can look up to.

I enjoy all the threads here - especially when I need a laugh! You guys are hysterical!

Hi, welcome to the board. baibai
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Empty thanks for the welcome

Post  sunshinefan1 8/20/2015, 10:29 am

Thanks! I'm looking forward to all the conversations that go on here. I've read some people comment on the TLOS - usually adults and I want to share the perspective of kids who read the books. So far my students (9-10 year olds) - I have 34 of them this year, love the first book. They get the humor and are excited about the next chapters. I told them we will be reading a chapter a day, but the other day they begged me to let them listen to the next chapter. While we listen, most of them are following along - I have a big screen that shows the ebook.
sunshinefan1
sunshinefan1
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/20/2015, 12:47 pm

Welcome Sunshine! So happy to learn that children are loving Chris' books. Are you reading the first TLOS book to your students or are they onto the 5th book now?
Spoiler:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/20/2015, 8:07 pm

Isn't this the 4th book?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/20/2015, 8:26 pm

^ yes you are right. sorry my mistake. when I say "5th" i actually meant 4th. math is never my strength. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Empty 1st Book

Post  sunshinefan1 8/20/2015, 8:41 pm

We are reading the first book - The Wishing Spell. I plan to have the kids read all four books this year. I bought the audio, so we read 1 chapter each day, and then I have the ebook on my screen (I have a theater screen in the classroom) - so the kids can follow along. Some of them also follow along using a small laptop. We finished Chapter 5 today where Froggy told the twins about the journal and the wishing spell. My students love Conner - I do, too - love that sarcastic humor. I pause once in a while and we talk about what's going on. They were so surprised that Goldilocks is wanted and they had to talk about how that makes so much sense.

I'm so excited - school just started and I already have them hooked to this series - that's always been a challenge. This group of kids, especially, my boys don't like reading. When I find something that hooks them - I am beyond fabulously happy.
sunshinefan1
sunshinefan1
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2015, 9:04 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Tumblr_ntg1eipcK01u88r6co1_500

bounce

ETA: I think this is a "record" for Chris. His first book was on the NYT best seller list a total of 5 weeks, this marks the 6th consecutive week his SERIES is on the NYT best sellers list.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 8/25/2015, 5:15 pm

Buenos wrote:The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Tumblr_ntg1eipcK01u88r6co1_500

bounce

ETA:  I think this is a "record" for Chris.  His first book was on the NYT best seller list a total of 5 weeks, this marks the 6th consecutive week his SERIES is on the NYT best sellers list.

Congrats! It keeps getting better and better Smile
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/25/2015, 8:39 pm

no that list says 10 weeks. so yes it's a record breaking achievement!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/25/2015, 8:47 pm

fantastica wrote:no that list says 10 weeks. so yes it's a record breaking achievement!

What I meant was that the first book was on the NYT list a total of  5 weeks, I think the 2nd book was on the NYT list 4/5 weeks also;  last year's entry was the first as a SERIES and was on the NY List 4 weeks, and this year's book with the previous books sold in tandem has been on the NYT best list 6 weeks this year, and of course a cumulative of 10 weeks for both years for the series.

Regardless it's only a handful of authors who have best selling children series on the NYT list for a total of  10 weeks, so it is very, very impressive.
bounce

Last edited by Buenos on 8/25/2015, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/25/2015, 9:24 pm

^ thanks for explaining. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/28/2015, 11:18 am

10LAND OF STORIES, by Chris Colfer. Illustrated by Brandon Dorman. (Little, Brown.) Fairy tales and classic stories collide. (Ages 8 to 12)11

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/28/2015, 11:22 am

http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2015-09-06/series-books/list.html

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Tumblr_ntsq98oc7b1u88r6co1_500

At #10 this week, it's 7 weeks this year for the Series on the  best seller list and 11th week overall for the series counting last year.
bounce bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Empty Wishing Spell - Audio is a Must Listen To!

Post  sunshinefan1 8/29/2015, 11:19 am

A lot of people don't realize how successful the series is. And, what's great is that more and more teachers and librarians are discovering the series. We (my students and I) finished Chapter 11 yesterday. We're nearly half way - and the kids are getting more and more into the book. They groan when we get near the end of a chapter because they know we have to stop. They always beg me to read one more chapter.

If anyone here has never listened to the audio - you are missing something really wonderful. Nothing beats Chris Colfer reading his book. He changes his "voice" for each character and it's pure gold. I can listen to him all day long. I have to stop myself from reading ahead (really listening to him read) - because I really wanted to read each book with my kids so I can react with them.

I know that he's read a chapter here and there and these readings are in youtube - I think he also read part of Queen Red Riding Hood's Guide to Royalty. It's when he reads the part of the different characters that you really see how talented he is - and the way he keeps each voice consistent throughout the book is remarkable. So, again, if anyone here has not listened to the audio - you're missing out! Recommend this book to kids, teachers, and librarians - they will not regret it! Kids love the book! The best part - kids listening to Chris Colfer read the book - he makes the story come alive for them!
sunshinefan1
sunshinefan1
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/30/2015, 8:49 pm

I have gotten his audio books for all the books, along with the paper copy. As entertaining as the books are, nothing beats Chris and acting out characters he loves.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/4/2015, 6:14 pm

"Glee's" Chris Colfer Shops His Bestselling Book Series "The Land of Stories" Around Town

Colfer's books follow twins Alex and Connor as they are magically teleported to a land where fairy tales are real.

After meetings with Warner Bros., Chris Colfer’s THE LAND OF STORIES YA book series will continue to shop film rights around town. In addition to writing a bestselling children’s book series, you may recognize this author from his role as Kurt Hummel in Fox’s Glee.

In 2012, Colfer released the first book in the series called The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell. It followed the lives of twins Alex and Connor as they are magically teleported to a world where fairy tales live. The books have appeared on The New York Times bestseller list and are now making the rounds for their eventual big screen adaptation with Rob Weisbach repping the film rights.

The series has been favorably compared to Harry Potter, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and Percy Jackson. The latest entry, The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms, hits shelves this past July.

The books definitely connect with the escapism that many tweens and teens embrace, and with an identifiable setup like living in a single-parent household, these films should make a welcome addition to a lot of family film nights.

Colfer’s first novel, Struck By Lightning, has already been adapted into a film starring Colfer, Allison Janney, Christina Hendricks, Dermot Mulroney, and Sarah Hyland.

—TO SEE ALL THE PROJECT DETAILS CLICK HERE—

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 29 Tumblr_inline_nu67puCtRf1r4aq9b_540

So TLoS possibly being made into movies has been noticed.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/4/2015, 7:13 pm

Big movie studios seem to only make these kinds of movies these days:
(1) remake of oldies or foreign favorites;
(2) comic book/superhero series;
(3) popular (NYT best seller) book or series;
(4) proven successful franchise such as Jurassic Park, 007 etc.

According to this formula, chris will have no trouble getting a movie deal. the only questions are how much money and how much control he wants. JK Rowling had veto rights on casting and maybe director etc., but I am sure Chris will want a lot more than that. i am sure he wants the movie to be exactly how he envisioned it as he wrote it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next