American Horror Story and Chris's second movie to take place in mental asylum-- Coincidence?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: American Horror Story and Chris's second movie to take place in mental asylum-- Coincidence?

Post  Emile on 4/20/2012, 11:39 am

E-ko wrote:
Emile wrote:Yep, unfortunately the situation isn't the ideal to remove the Ryan Murphy/Glee label on Chris.

I mean, thinking of it, it's prefectly possible that Ryan Murphy knew what Chris's next project was, since he would have been working on that for quite some time (he even said somewhere that he carried the books where he got informations for the movie everywhere), even on the set of Glee.
So it's suspect, but maybe it's all a big concidence.

Anyway I hope that, even if the idea at the base is the same for both projects, the development is completely different and Chris's film is better.

Tbh, I don't think Chris is going to shed that label anytime soon no matter how far removed the subject matter would be from Glee or Murphy. He's going to need to get off the show and disappear for a while, and then it's still a matter of the GA/Hollywood's views on Glee if he will be constantly associated with his break-out role or not-- and even whether they consider it a positive or a negative thing. That's fame for you.

It's unfortunate, but Chris has been so good at networking and making a name for himself BTS-- and at his 19-21 age!-- that I can't say I'm worried much. (Yet, lol.)

And obv Chris' movie's going to be over ninethousand!!! times better, trufax. Smile
Nono, I didn't mean that if the subject matter would have been different he would lost the Glee label, but sure this don't help. I expressed badly the concept. Maybe because I want him to be free from Ryan Murphy. arghh

Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Re: American Horror Story and Chris's second movie to take place in mental asylum-- Coincidence?

Post  E-ko on 4/20/2012, 11:48 am

Emile wrote:
Nono, I didn't mean that if the subject matter would have been different he would lost the Glee label, but sure this don't help. I expressed badly the concept. Maybe because I want him to be free from Ryan Murphy. arghh
Oh, no! You expressed yourself perfectly. I'm just being cynical/a killjoy, because I've learned to be with anything regarding Hollywood. I think all of us want him to be free of Murphy. I can't wait for ten or twenty years from now when we won't even remember all this Glee-related aggravation, lol.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile on 4/25/2012, 5:02 pm

From Tumblr:

“It’s a genre change for me, it takes place in a 1930s asylum, which is similar to high school
but it’s a very different film. I wrote it as well, I play a supporting character. I’m a crazy ass
patient, crazy, crazy patient.”

Eh eh.

Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar on 4/25/2012, 5:04 pm

Emile wrote:From Tumblr:

“It’s a genre change for me, it takes place in a 1930s asylum, which is similar to high school
but it’s a very different film. I wrote it as well, I play a supporting character. I’m a crazy ass
patient, crazy, crazy patient.”

Eh eh.

I'm DYING to see Chris in his asylum role/movie. Can't wait!. bounce

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

American Horror Story and Chris's second movie to take place in mental asylum-- Coincidence?

Post  fantastica on 4/25/2012, 5:05 pm

^ he's right though. he hasn't played a crazy ass patient yet. he only LOOKED crazy ass in that picture. Razz
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tophercolfer on 12/30/2014, 6:26 am

what happened to his asylum movie? did they cancel it or something? any news about it?
tophercolfer
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 12/30/2014, 6:58 am

tophercolfer wrote:what happened to his asylum movie? did they cancel it or something? any news about it?

No idea what happened to Chris's asylum movie. I hope it will still be made.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 12/30/2014, 8:07 am

^I remember a fan asking him about it at one of his book tours (TLOS2?), and he said that it would probably be a play.
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 12/30/2014, 8:11 am

Ireth wrote:^I remember a fan asking him about it at one of his book tours (TLOS2?), and he said that it would probably be a play.

If it is a play I hope it will be taped I posted online.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 12/30/2014, 8:28 am

The "Asylum " movie has had a circuitous journey so far, typical of so many HW projects.

When Chris first penned it, IIRC 2011/12 ???it had per Chris, an unnamed director attached to it. Then instead of the summer of 2012 as some expected for it to be filmed, Chris said it might be best to film it during the winter for Louisiana locale shooting ( guessing they needed snow/winter outdoor scenes). Later it was delayed until Glee would finish production because Chris said he didn't want to go through the whole "SBL " producer/no time off to breathe type of film making. Then in 2013 Chris said he was considering making it into a play. Now this past summer Chris mentioned he's getting monthly meetings about possibly filming Asylum again.

Either way I don't expect any news until Glee stops filming and Chris is freed up (Ha!) but already we have Noel and then another book tour!

All we know is that it is set in a sanitarium in the 20's in Louisiana, it's " dark", perhaps adult (R-rated type SL) , the lead character was a woman, and Chris had written a non teenage supporting role for himself.

Am I missing something?
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 12/30/2014, 8:37 am

Found the article:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/chris-colfer-writing-glee-episode-interview.html

There was a movie based in an asylum you’ve talked about before. Is that still in the works?
It’s still in the works. I have a good three meetings about that project a month. It’s very difficult for me to write and produce something while I’m filming Glee. I might have to wait until Glee is over to do that. I did Struck by Lightning while I was filming Glee and it was very, very difficult. It was like having two full-time jobs at once. I think I’ll have to wait until after Glee is over to give that project the attention it deserves.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 1/3/2015, 1:32 pm

Buenos wrote:Found the article:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/chris-colfer-writing-glee-episode-interview.html

There was a movie based in an asylum you’ve talked about before. Is that still in the works?
It’s still in the works. I have a good three meetings about that project a month. It’s very difficult for me to write and produce something while I’m filming Glee. I might have to wait until Glee is over to do that. I did Struck by Lightning while I was filming Glee and it was very, very difficult. It was like having two full-time jobs at once. I think I’ll have to wait until after Glee is over to give that project the attention it deserves.

Thanks!!
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez on 1/3/2015, 4:08 pm

Thanks for that tidbit! I had forgot about that. Another thing to look forward to once he's freed up post Glee. I'm hoping we still get a film out of it.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top