Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

+31
CloveGlee
M&M
Shinra17
BlueJazz
red texta
Jake667
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
happydays
sjonnepon
dap1217
Glorfindel
Emile
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Delight
ColferInspired
emilynna
arina
mellama
ColferGirl
angelnessa
brisallie
sahhar
kac
Buenos
Divalicious
fantastica
paulopf
Dame Loli
Jellyrolls
35 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  valkeakuulas 4/26/2012, 7:42 pm

sahhar wrote:
brisallie wrote:You know what's my problem with this alpha gay issue is as buenos said they're portraying Blaine as he was a perfection, somone who's very talented and also attract not only boys but also girls- as Kurt said "Even Rachel wanted to make out with you"- but one thing is canon and other thing is reality or what people is perceiving and that's that Kurt is as (or more) talented as Blaine and despite they try to portary Kurt as the "effeminate" and less atracctive boy, there's a problem: the actor who portrays Kurt doesn't represent that anymore, maybe it was at the beginning but now humhum So still don't understand why they're keeping this unequality between Klaine? Is a mandatory that one has to be the "male" and the other one the "female"?

Especially since tons of girls will give their right arm to make out with Chris or even Kurt for that matter. Tumblr doesn't lie.

Oh, but it is OK to admire gay guys when you're teenaged girl because you will wise up and see the true meaning of your crush. There is no way a normal gay man can be admired and seen as a sex object. [place irony here] Smile
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sahhar 4/26/2012, 7:56 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
sahhar wrote:
brisallie wrote:You know what's my problem with this alpha gay issue is as buenos said they're portraying Blaine as he was a perfection, somone who's very talented and also attract not only boys but also girls- as Kurt said "Even Rachel wanted to make out with you"- but one thing is canon and other thing is reality or what people is perceiving and that's that Kurt is as (or more) talented as Blaine and despite they try to portary Kurt as the "effeminate" and less atracctive boy, there's a problem: the actor who portrays Kurt doesn't represent that anymore, maybe it was at the beginning but now humhum So still don't understand why they're keeping this unequality between Klaine? Is a mandatory that one has to be the "male" and the other one the "female"?

Especially since tons of girls will give their right arm to make out with Chris or even Kurt for that matter. Tumblr doesn't lie.

Oh, but it is OK to admire gay guys when you're teenaged girl because you will wise up and see the true meaning of your crush. There is no way a normal gay man can be admired and seen as a sex object. [place irony here] Smile

Laughing

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 7:58 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Oh, but it is OK to admire gay guys when you're teenaged girl because you will wise up and see the true meaning of your crush. There is no way a normal gay man can be admired and seen as a sex object. [place irony here] Smile

I agree w/ everything except hte bolded part. Smile when one gets older and is wised up she will realize that she has no chance w/ any celebrity, gay or straight. by then she may even be happily married. so the fact that the object of desire is male (which we are naturally attracted to) and attractive (either physically or in some other more dynamic ways... here everybody is different) are all that matter as far as fantasy is concerned. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 4/26/2012, 7:58 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
sahhar wrote:

True irony! Now, here's a question. In your opinion, is it likely, since RM and some of the others are gay, that they are intentionally being ironic when they portray the Kurt/Blaine imbalance? Or are they just fan pandering?

Romina, no, it's not mandatory for gay couples to play gender roles. Some do, but it's been my experience that more do not. However, that's just my experience, FWIW.

BTW, I've been meaning to thank you for finding that gif of Kurt's reaction to Wade/Unique for me. By the time I got back to that thread and saw it, the conversation had moved on. But I really appreciate the effort you made to find it after my comment.
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/26/2012, 8:06 pm

About all this discussion of alpha gays vs. effeminate gays, everyone's had really great posts on it. neutre I agree that something Glee has done absolutely right is that, even if it frustrates and hurts us, that the way Kurt is treated is definitely opening people's eyes and getting them to talk about these issues. I actually do think the writers may be doing this on purpose specifically to address the issue, to display it but not offer a solution because, maybe, they don't want to presume they have a solution. (Granted, that hasn't stopped them about other issues...)

I'd like to offer my two cents...(though while trying to send my post it was eaten somehow, so my first massive post is gone, and I had to rewrite this, so the discussion may have already moved on...)

I actually do think Kurt is effeminate, I know someone said they didn't think he was. Then again, what exactly is effeminancy? Is it having interests that are considered to be primarily feminine? Personalities or character traits that are considered to be primarily for women? I'm admittedly pretty ignorant, so I'm still not sure.

But then I think - why do traits have to be masculine or feminine? Someone said, I don't remember if it was this thread, that it's insulting and demeaning for certain traits to be considered masculine or feminine. I agree with this. It's insulting to say bravery, intelligence, protectiveness, strength, maturity, quick-thinking, that any of these aren't usually found in women. Just as I think it's insulting that kindness, compassion, gentleness, being emotional, being caring or sweet is inherently feminine, as if men can't be sweethearts or thoughtful because they certainly can be. Absolutely any person, male or female, is capable of exhibiting any trait or interest whatsoever, so none of these should be strictly considered one or the other. But I know society like its labels, likes to define things, and that's why we have these labels to begin with.

But what I adore about Kurt is - if we must use these labels - is how he's a perfect mix of feminine and masculine. He's strong, protective, brave, usually mature, clever. But he's also very sweet, extremely compassionate, is considerate and caring, is emotional and expressive and an unashamed cryer. He's also a wonderful mix of masculine and feminine interests. Yes he loves fashion, cooking, musicals, sewing, but he's really great with cars too, and is athletic, the best kicker the football team ever had and helped gain the Cheerios national title. He wears male and female clothing. Even Chris's physical features are a gorgeous blend of feminine and masculine (in my opinion), as is his ethereal voice.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I love Kurt for all that he is. For embracing every part of himself, for never being afraid to be who he is no matter where that falls on "accepted lines", being everything he is and not caring what society says. For being someone who's trying to tear down those labels, to transcend them, and show people that it doesn't matter, what matters is just being you. Being all that you are, whoever that may be, whatever that may be, and damn proud of it. wub

Glorfindel wrote:

Question (to all of you): would you look at your boyfriend's phone messages if it was buzzing and he was not in the room?

I keep forgetting to answer this. In my case, I would never, ever touch anyone's phone and read their messages if it wasn't mine, just as I wouldn't answer their phone either. I feel it's an invasion of privacy, whether they're my friend or not.

Mainly this is because of things that have happened to me in the past. When I was in high school, for a few years I didn't have a cellphone, and finally got one only because I was so sick and tired of my friends texting each other when the person they were texting was right across the table because I knew they were saying something to each other they didn't want me, or someone else at the table, to hear (and I'm not being paranoid - I had it confirmed in arguments later that is exactly what they were doing). It was childish and hurtful of them, and I fear reading other people's text messages because of this. Sometimes I, too, have private conversations with friends through text, and I wouldn't want other people to see them - and I don't mean cheating or being catty or anything, but about private issues like suicide, or problems with family, and I absolutely don't want others to see what someone trusted me to keep as a secret or confide in me.

This is just my view on it, though.

Last edited by ColferGirl on 4/26/2012, 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 8:17 pm

great post erin, but did you make a typo when you said CCFF deleted your massive post? I can't imagine Shinra or Jelly would delete your post, and I haven't seen them for awhile. maybe you meant GF?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/26/2012, 8:17 pm

RIB panders the biggest fan base and fulfill their fantasy. I keep thinking my teenage self and what I would have liked back then from this days Glee. The cute gay boys were on my list and that hasn't changed for girls nowdays either. The imbalance is just really a silly cliche, just reading some of the fanfic proves this in my mind. The "girly" gay is fun to hung out with but does it have anything to do with sexual feelings, IMO no. I guess strategicly it's easier to play/write a man and a woman side even in gay relationships, but I call that bad writing.

You have to be a little bit older to have those fantasy feelings to come into picture, and that goes to some R rated images/fantasiess which I will not dwell on here. blushh I'm tired and I am afraid I can't control myself.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 4/26/2012, 8:19 pm

Erin, you've done it again.
Maybe in a parallel universe we are twins.

Except that you're a lot younger than I if you got your first cell phone while you were in school. Laughing
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/26/2012, 8:22 pm

fantastica wrote:great post erin, but did you make a typo when you said CCFF deleted your massive post? I can't imagine Shinra or Jelly would delete your post, and I haven't seen them for awhile. maybe you meant GF?

Well, what I mean is that I wrote it and hit send, and then my web browser said "error - post not found" and ate it. So, I guess I should have said it got eaten by either the forum or my computer or something, it wasn't actually deleted deleted....I'll go fix that in the post now to clarify.

@Mellama - Razz I did get my first cellphone in school, 10th Grade to be exact. I'm just 20. So sometimes I feel silly posting opinions on big important issues like this because I feel way too young to have a worthy opinion, but, you're all very encouraging and nice so I post anyway. blushh

And in a parallel universe it would be awesome if we were twins. Smile
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 4/26/2012, 8:25 pm

Oops. Sorry. Somehow I double posted.

Last edited by mellama on 4/26/2012, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake667 4/26/2012, 8:30 pm

dap1217 wrote:3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 X39110
So this is the guy played Chandler.His name is Justin Castor who happens to look like Justin Beiber

PS:I have no idea why glee dressed him up like that,but it works on me cause all the Chandler thing seems more innocent.

AW I really like him as Chandler! I hope he comes back He was kinda refreshing! I just found out who he is he has a twitter! its www.twitter.com/justincastor
@JustinCastor

(I'm new here btw)

Jake667
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 8:32 pm

Hi Jake, welcome to our forum!!! koukou

Last edited by fantastica on 4/26/2012, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/26/2012, 8:33 pm

Jake667 wrote:

(I'm new here btw)

NEW FRIEND!!!! Smile Welcome to the forum!!

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_lppv8abElv1qikxoqo1_500
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/26/2012, 8:34 pm

Jake667 wrote:
dap1217 wrote:3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 X39110
So this is the guy played Chandler.His name is Justin Castor who happens to look like Justin Beiber

PS:I have no idea why glee dressed him up like that,but it works on me cause all the Chandler thing seems more innocent.

AW I really like him as Chandler! I hope he comes back He was kinda refreshing! I just found out who he is he has a twitter! its www.twitter.com/justincastor
@JustinCastor

(I'm new here btw)

Hello and welcome!! Smile .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 4/26/2012, 8:41 pm

Hi, Jake. Let me add my welcome, too.

How did you like this last episode?
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2012, 8:47 pm

sahhar wrote:

You're right, tumblr doesn't lie. You know who is lying? RIB.

I love this post, too. If this show helps portray how people label, and limit through labels and expectations of "normal," then I guess it's worth the aggravation. Statistically, normal means average. Most people would be at least somewhat insulted if they were described as average.

So at the end everyone is normal if that means average, you know it depend on how you see yourself and how you want to be seen by others. As you have said most of people feel in someway insulted to be average because they wan't to be more than average. Personally I dislike when the society put labels in people, who has the right to decide what's average or extraordinary?

Sorry to make this shallow comment but if is a gay man like Chris I don't matter to see him as a sex object lol Besides in this case he're more than that Smile

@ Jake, Welcome to the forum. Promise you will have fun here Smile

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 8:51 pm

and Jake, you do NOT have to agree w/ any of us. we'd love to hear your opinion either way.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/26/2012, 8:55 pm

fantastica wrote:and Jake, you do NOT have to agree w/ any of us. we'd love to hear your opinion either way.
I second this.

Not just for you but for everyone. This is a Chirs Colfer forum and no bashing of him is allowed, but fair and crucial opinions and statements are. It doesn't matter if you are a Klainer, Kurties, Pip, a Puck, Rachel, Finn, Finchel,.... fan. Give us your honest opinion and thoughts. We won't judge. We just may not agree with you.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 9:00 pm

^ and "we" also disagree amongst ourselves sometimes. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/26/2012, 9:01 pm

and we thrive on sarcasm, so don't be alarmed Laughing .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake667 4/26/2012, 9:04 pm

So all and all I really like this weeks show! I loved all the songs and was very glad they did a tribute! I liked that kurt made a new friend. It was nice to see Kurt and Blane shown more. It will be in so interesting to see what happens next year!

I have to admit I found this board because I was looking up "chandler" and then fond this site(which I am so glad I did!)
then I also found "Justin Castor" in this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0063ONWDO/ref=atv_feed_catalog?tag=tvli00-20 then > under > play a free preview > ....Stalker much ?? blushh I should stop lol.

Jake667
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 9:06 pm

wow, google really did a great job! we only mentioned his name and that photo very recently and it's already up on the search engine! haha!

glad you liked the episode. i would like it more if I don't think too much, and I only think too much when I start to discuss in more detail w/ my forum buddies. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/26/2012, 9:07 pm

Jake667 wrote:So all and all I really like this weeks show! I loved all the songs and was very glad they did a tribute! I liked that kurt made a new friend. It was nice to see Kurt and Blane shown more. It will be in so interesting to see what happens next year!

I have to admit I found this board because I was looking up "chandler" and then fond this site(which I am so glad I did!)
then I also found "Justin Castor" in this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0063ONWDO/ref=atv_feed_catalog?tag=tvli00-20 then > under > play a free preview > ....Stalker much ?? blushh I should stop lol.

It's all good Smile . I really liked Chandler too, contrary to what the rest of the fandom online thinks.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 9:10 pm

^ who doesn't like chandler? never mind. I think some people are a bit disappointed that he's not a hot jock type (like Sebastian), but that has something to do w the spoiler which I remember specifically said he was "masculine", and he turned out to be more campy than kurt.

I personally think he's cute and adorable, although i would not go out w/ him, not because he's not hot enough, but he's too talkative! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/26/2012, 9:16 pm

The problem was that in films Chandler would be more like the comic sidekick in rom/coms. Think Duckie in "Pretty in Pink", and in an effort to make Kurt not look promiscuous/duche bag they made Chandler over the top non threatening...

I personally think it would have been interesting if Kurt was attracted sexually on some level to Chandler, ...well not *this* Chandler....
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next