Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread

+16
Ireth
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Emile
arina
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
kac
ColferInspired
sahhar
brisallie
paulopf
M&M
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferGirl 4/11/2012, 6:00 pm

fantastica wrote:From AfterElton:
Magali Schiavo@maga_schiavo
I need more Chris Colfer in my life!! at least he doesn't sell sex, he has real talent #kurtrules

I applaud this mysterious Magali Schiavo and his flawless taste and his wonderful Chris praise. Smile Is he one of the article writers at After Elton?
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 4/11/2012, 6:14 pm

AfterElton has a post of various #KurtRules tagged tweets from last night, and this is one of them. so he/she is just a random viewer I assume. Most other tweets in that collection are about blaine shower scenes, so this one in particular stands out. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/11/2012, 6:17 pm

I want to comment on the Finchell scene at the end of the episode. I quite like it. It feels real. Finchell has past that honeymoon stage and finn is starting to assert himself. They are in the stage of "power struggle" now and it would interesting to see how this play out.

and about the Anderson brothers again - apparently Cooper is the one w/ "daddy issues", because even though he's back in town, he doens't live in his family home. He must rented a basement in the school or something because the only way he and Blaine has any contact is in the school. Don't you guys agree? Perhaps the old man kicked cooper out, because he favors his younger son, and actually spoiled blaine rotton to the point that blaine can't stand any criticisms. hmm, I think I actually LIKE this head canon a lot, because it makes sense. this would also explain why blaine is always so confident and dismiss cooper's bad advices while the rest of hte class all think they are golden - because blaine is quite full of himself and thinks his older bro is crack while he himself is the real shining star, and he didn't warm up to cooper until cooper admitted defeat in their sibling rivalry.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/11/2012, 6:48 pm

I agree. I was much more interested in Cooper's side of the story than Blaine's. When Cooper didn't get the audition I actually felt bad for him. Blarren on the other hand ptdr

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/11/2012, 6:53 pm

^ you don't ever have to worry about blaine. he always gets everything.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/11/2012, 7:02 pm

fantastica wrote:AfterElton has a post of various #KurtRules tagged tweets from last night, and this is one of them. so he/she is just a random viewer I assume. Most other tweets in that collection are about blaine shower scenes, so this one in particular stands out. neutre

Ohhhh, I see. Thanks for answering. neutre

As for Finchel....I like that they're having realistic drama, but at the same time, I think I'll be very irritated if after three seasons of them getting together, breaking up, getting together again, drama drama drama, and then at graduation they both decide to go separate ways for good. It'll feel like "what was the point?", make all those scenes and that relationship feel wasted. Well, then again...if they both emotionally grew from it, became better people and better at relationships because of it, then I guess it's not wasted at all (for them as people). But it'll still make me a bit miffed that all that screentime was devoted to it, when we could have gotten something else instead...

paulopf wrote:@ColferGirl

Thank you!

And I couldn't agree more about wanting someone besides Burt to be as sweet to Kurt as he has been to a lot of people.

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_lppv8abElv1qikxoqo1_500

You're welcome!! I hope you enjoy it here. neutre

And yes, a scene like that - someone being as sweet to Kurt as he has been to others - is toward the top of my Kurt-scene wishlist. wub

ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/11/2012, 7:46 pm

What I thought about Blaine storyline it was already posted in the snark and bark thread so I'm moving with the next ones:

- I'm glad Sue is again the bitch everybody know since the beginning, though this time she's trying to help ND with the booty camp and get the first place in Chicago - plese don't ruin it chosing a bad set list

-I read in some parts they shouldn't split Quinn storyline with Blaine's , but it was 50/50 so is ok...umm stil not sure about. But I still think everything was so fast, suddenly Quinn appeared in a wheelchair looking happy in the hallway and then immediately sang a song with Artie; by the way I support Quartie as friend not as nothing else because both starting to fell in love only for being both in wheelchairs now, if the writers tell me they have sth else in common that this, I could believe in a romance. But then again I remember "ITS GLEE"

- I'm glad Finn finally realizes there're more options that following Rachel to New York. I now it would be a pity and a waste time if they split up after be together, then broke up and finally together again (Did I forgot something about their relationship timeline?) but until now I see they have more doubts than agreements about share a future together.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/11/2012, 7:53 pm

ColferGirl wrote:As for Finchel....I like that they're having realistic drama, but at the same time, I think I'll be very irritated if after three seasons of them getting together, breaking up, getting together again, drama drama drama, and then at graduation they both decide to go separate ways for good. It'll feel like "what was the point?", make all those scenes and that relationship feel wasted. Well, then again...if they both emotionally grew from it, became better people and better at relationships because of it, then I guess it's not wasted at all (for them as people). But it'll still make me a bit miffed that all that screentime was devoted to it, when we could have gotten something else instead...
in real life, people breakup after many years, even decades, being together, having a family, raising kids, and then divorce! what's the point? it's just part of life. but it's natural for people to ask this question, along w/ "why me" whenever their bad luck strike. now in a fiction, if glee is a 2 hour movie, breaking them up eventually won't make much sense, so your question is very appropriate. but since glee is a multi-season tv show and they are writing it as they go, they are just playing w/ the relationship to create drama and tension. they need to write a lot of plot lines and this is the only purpose. so don't take them seriously. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/11/2012, 8:31 pm

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_m25qoiZW7w1qee7fro8_r2_250
that outfit w/ the hood - that's the kind of outfit boxers wear before and after they fight on stage - they wear a terry hoodie like that. I totally missed this part on the show because it's so quick. Kurt is boxing w/ sugar right? From what Venessa described she and Chris has a very good chemistry (kind of remind me of Ashley Finks) and I am happy to see them having a bit fun there. too bad blaineo is left alone - no wonder he has to go boxing his own shadow in the shower. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 4/11/2012, 11:16 pm

I loved last night's episode! I thought it was interesting to see how Blaine is with his brother. I thought young Blaine was just adorable!

I loved Kurt's reaction when he first saw Cooper. Razz
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/12/2012, 12:01 am

paulopf wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Blarren stans have been harping on that this episode would be development and I argued with one that all it would be is about sibling rivalry, how that isn't anything new as it isn't real development, but a story that has been done to death in television for decades. I would love to go on tumblr and brag, but that is beneath me.

This is just lazy writing and to shut up the Blarren stans.

Only it won't shut them up. Judging from some reactions I've encountered, they keep insisting on creating "head-canons", but not very logical ones, based on actual hints given by the progression of a character's story. On the opposite: mostly really forced constructions to keep going with what they call "blangst" and to keep alive their ideas of "daddy issues". For instance, there's a trend going on about Blaine surely being an unwanted son. They just can't accept that the Andersons' tension came simply from a fairly normal dynamic between brothers, which can be tiresome and enraging at times, but which wouldn't really leave deep emotional scars.

The thing is they are not going to get what they want. Kurt is the one with the angsty storylines because Chris plays angst to perfection and this is the journey people have been following ever since Season 1.

I don't think GA or anyone accept for Blarren stans are really that interested in Blaine's storyline because it keeps changing and no-one really knows who is, and now I am seeing him as a spoilt child that has to get his own way, that is why I'm thinking he has parents that dote on him. He is becoming a male Rachel Berry and Darren rolled into one. Only he gets the compliments, he gets the praise and more attention than she does.

At least Rachel has told Kurt how talented he is. Blaine hasn't.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/12/2012, 4:51 am

Cross-posting from the Glee Forum...

I love how Sue constantly picked on Kurt thoughout the episode -- 'Ladies and gays', 'Porcelain's famous brother', 'Pooping rainbow glitter DNA'. Her intimidating sneer right in the front of a terrified Kurt at Dance booty camp was precious as well. I find that Kurt should've been used to Sue's abusive training methods to some degree though, seeing that he had been a Cheerio under her in season1.

And did everyone catch that bit about Kurt's email username being 'fabulous'? I wouldn't have picked that up myself if it weren't for tumblr and its computer-savvy members.

I find the time leap a bit too abrupt at the start of the episode, how the Finchel wedding cancellation was brushed off in a throwaway line and then Quinn reappeared in a wheelchair and jumped straight into a happy fun song with Artie . I do like the developing friendship between Quinn and Artie, even though I can't recall seeing these two exchanging any words before this episode.

Cooper is funny, but I don't buy the Blaine sibling rivalry angst they're trying to sell. *shrugs* (I've voiced my grievances about the Blaine story line in the Snark and Bark thread)

Maybe it's my Kurt-goggles, but I find the highlights of the episode are:
- Kurt getting starstruck and fanboying over Cooper
- Kurt having fun on the roller coaster
- Kurt's expression after Sue's 'DNA' line
- Kurt and Margaret Thatcher dog, complete with puppy dog eyes and pout (It should be illegal, the amount of adorableness one person can possess and exude like that wub )
- Kurt and his 'Furt' conversation with Blaine. Sometimes, with this show, you can easily forget that Kurt and Finn are actually stepbrothers. I wonder when will it be Kurt's turn to get a similar 'Big Brother' episode?

Yes, I am extremely biased and I am not ashamed vexe

This episode does have its good and funny moments, so I shall not dwell too much on its weaknesses. It's good to see that Sue hasn't been completely de-fanged by her pregnancy.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 4/12/2012, 8:45 am

I finally watched the episode, it was lot better than i expected it to be. I enjoyed most of the storylines, and i found the episode pretty funny.

I loved Matt Bomer's character. He was hilarious, especially in the acting class scene. And of course i also loved all of the Kurt scenes, the puppy one was the best. wub

The whole sibling rivalry storyline was awful, as was Darren's acting in the episode. I don't know why, but i was actually expecting him to be better. I was basically laughing through his scenes, because i couldn't take him seriously at all even though i knew it wasn't meant to be funny. The worst was the whole Fighter scene, it was definitely cringe worthy.

But besides all that i thought the episode was good.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/12/2012, 1:19 pm

fantastica wrote:[img] I totally missed this part on the show because it's so quick. Kurt is boxing w/ sugar right? From what Venessa described she and Chris has a very good chemistry (kind of remind me of Ashley Finks) and I am happy to see them having a bit fun there. too bad blaineo is left alone - no wonder he has to go boxing his own shadow in the shower. Razz

I missed too but then I downloaded the subs and saw it . You know I like Vanessa since "Stick it" so I would like to see a friendship between Kurt and Sugar, personally I see a good chemistry between them on the last ep during the boxing and the roller coaster scenes :D

Vanessa reminds you Ashley? Umm maybe they are not as bonded as Chris and Ashley are but probably he has added a new friend on his list.

PS: Can somebody explain me that thing about Margareth Thatcher's dog? Did she have a dog or gave one to the Queen??
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 4/12/2012, 1:46 pm

brisallie wrote:PS: Can somebody explain me that thing about Margareth Thatcher's dog? Did she have a dog or gave one to the Queen??
I was wondering about that also, and i don't have no idea who Margareth Thatcher was either.Embarassed
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/12/2012, 1:48 pm

The most funny part for me was when they play the murder scene in the master class of Cooper: of course, Tina HAS to play the victim, the one who has nothing to do. This made me laugh for 5 min Smile

Sani wrote:
brisallie wrote:PS: Can somebody explain me that thing about Margareth Thatcher's dog? Did she have a dog or gave one to the Queen??
I was wondering about that also, and i don't have no idea who Margareth Thatcher was either.Embarassed
seriously? she is a former English prime minister.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/12/2012, 2:03 pm

I really wish we actually saw Kurt and Finn interact. Would be such an interesting dynamic to watch on screen. But this is Glee, lazy writing is their forte Rolling Eyes

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 4/12/2012, 2:11 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
Sani wrote:
seriously? she is a former English prime minister.
Thanks, never heard of her before.tonguue
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/12/2012, 3:06 pm

They were kind of harsh on Chris somewhere (I think on afterelton but I am not sure) that he came with the Margareth Thatcher's dog. Apparentlyshe was big homophobe or something like that...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/12/2012, 3:13 pm

does Chris have to do detailed research on every one of his impersonation subject's background and political views? I was long born when MT was the prime minister, and I knew nothing about her homophobia. She probably is, as many people of older generations, but he was doing a friggin dog thing! a lot of people will love to tear him down. I wouldn't even give a damn about this nitpickings anymore.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 4/12/2012, 4:05 pm

Much to my surprise, I enjoyed this episode and wasn't nearly as frustrated as I expected to be. Maybe it's partly because I had just viewed ItAS, where Chris was front and center, as he should be. Anyway, decent episode, IMO.

Love Matt Bomer. Love him!!!! The SL was stupid and I didn't care. He was funny and fabulous and I enjoyed his OTT portrayal of Coop thoroughly! It's been a while since I've laughed so much during a Glee episode. Imagine him interacting with the Berry Dads. Laughing They really need to make that happen!

Bomer even made the focus on Darren bearable. If they had just done the two songs and cut Fighter it would have been so much better! That was just pure gratuitous pandering to the Blaine stans. But that one song performance was really my only gripe with the episode.

(Imagine how wonderful if that time had been spent on Kurt and Rachel practicing and trying on songs for their upcoming NYADA audition!)

I love what they're doing with Sue! Jane has always been one of my favorites, but Sue's been a mess for a while. I hated the idea of her becoming a mother. Was just appalled! But it really is believable, established in canon, that she might be a good mother to a Down's Syndrome child. And it's believable that through that relationship she might become more consistently humane while retaining her snarky edge. So much better than flipping back and forth between crazy Sue and occasionally human Sue. Hopefully the days of shoving people down stairs and punching someone's lights out on stage are behind us. I could actually believe the evolution of this new iteration.

And having Sue help the Glee club gives me hope on two fronts:

1. Sue knew how to utilize Kurt to win her Cheerios championship a couple of years ago. Perhaps she will do what Will never has and Kurt will finally be featured at Nationals. I know it's crazy to get my hopes up, but I just can't help it.

2. Perhaps Sue will nullify the deal made between Will and the TT. She's not so mellow
that she can't call that deal the steaming pile of crap it is. Maybe she'll just throw it out
as part of her regime with Glee. The kids might not accept it if Will changed the deal,
but they're used to Sue being tyrant and would probably accede.

It was so great to see Puck again. I love his character when they're not involving him in stupid romances!

And, yes, Kurt was adorable with the puppy puppet. Until they let him sing, I'll temporarily accept cute scenes like this one.

mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 4/12/2012, 4:12 pm

arina wrote:They were kind of harsh on Chris somewhere (I think on afterelton but I am not sure) that he came with the Margareth Thatcher's dog. Apparentlyshe was big homophobe or something like that...

Well, Kurt did say that MT's relationship with the "queen" was ruff. Razz Laughing
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/12/2012, 4:24 pm

mellama wrote:

Love Matt Bomer. Love him!!!! The SL was stupid and I didn't care. He was funny and fabulous and I enjoyed his OTT portrayal of Coop thoroughly! It's been a while since I've laughed so much during a Glee episode. Imagine him interacting with the Berry Dads. Laughing They really need to make that happen!

Hi Mellama nice to see you here :D

OH My, you and I we're connected by our brains because I thought exactly the same about Cooper, Leroy and Hiram, those three together will be so funny. Also I imagined how could be a relationship between Sue and Cooper Razz weirdo.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/12/2012, 5:04 pm

If my memory serves me corectly, you two also speak Spanish? pardon me if I remembered wrong. I don't trust myself much these days.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/12/2012, 10:13 pm

fantastica wrote:If my memory serves me corectly, you two also speak Spanish? pardon me if I remembered wrong. I don't trust myself much these days.

I'm answering by Mellama, she speaks english but she knows basic spanish; at least few words Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next