The Glee Project 2

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Glee Project 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Glee Project 2

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/4/2012, 4:54 pm

fantastica wrote:is she the turkish muslin girl? it's time for glee to have a muslin in the club, since all teh jews are gone (except Sue - who I assume is Jewish by birth because her parents are Nazi hunters).

Yes, she's the turkis Muslim girl, and she is wicked annoying!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator
The Glee Project 2 - Page 3 S2e18-69405a-31c211d
Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

The Glee Project 2 - Page 3 Tumblr_mjd79iNp3m1qf87mzo1_250
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/4/2012, 5:32 pm

hope next year they will have a black Haitian voodoo practitioner. talking about diversity!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Glee Project 2 - Page 3 Tumblr_mf8is0r6zI1qj0196o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 7/5/2012, 2:47 am

fantastica wrote:hope next year they will have a black Haitian voodoo practitioner. talking about diversity!

LOL it could be, but seriously do you think it will be a third season??? humhum

The Glee Project 2 - Page 3 250px-Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l_Logo
I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee on 7/11/2012, 12:59 am

Somebody help me. I am more upset than I ever expected. Charlie got voted out tonight. Charlie is odd. Charlie has autism. Charlie rubs people the wrong way. Charlie is my son, Sam. Sam cannot real social cues. Sam has Aspergers syndrome. Charlie and Sam cannot explain to others how they think, Charlie was voted out. What will happen to Sam?

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 7/11/2012, 9:36 am

CloveGlee wrote:Somebody help me. I am more upset than I ever expected. Charlie got voted out tonight. Charlie is odd. Charlie has autism. Charlie rubs people the wrong way. Charlie is my son, Sam. Sam cannot real social cues. Sam has Aspergers syndrome. Charlie and Sam cannot explain to others how they think, Charlie was voted out. What will happen to Sam?

I don't watch the Glee Project, but can I respond to your message?

I had noticed that you've displayed a lot of empathy for Charlie and his behaviour on TGP; and I thought what you said in your recap made a lot of sense. Why would they choose someone with Asperger's to be on the show, and then punish that same person for behaving like someone with Asperger's? I guess they can put up with cross-dressing, being blind, being Muslim, being Asian etc a lot better than someone who has a behavioural or social issue.

Now I understand why you have so much empathy for Charlie.

In the case of your son, can I maybe say that this Autism/Aspergers disorder exists as a spectrum? No two people with Asperger's would have the exact same level of social functioning (and there are treatments available that could improve their interpersonal skills); so the fate of Charlie on TGP shouldn't have any bearing on the future prospects of your son.

Ah, I'm not expressing myself well. I just feel the need to respond because you seem so upset. I apologize if my words are more upsetting than helpful ooppss
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/11/2012, 1:55 pm

So, last night’s theme on the Glee Project was Fearlessness, and Jane Lynch was the guest mentor. I can’t remember what song they did, but it was a rap song. I wasn’t particularly impressed by any of them on the song, and I don’t know if it’s just because I’m old and don’t like rap, but I couldn’t understand a word any of them were rapping.

Jane really seemed to like Lily and Aylin the best, and she said she was going back and forth between Lily and Aylin for the mentor session. She wound up picking Lily. She later told Lily that she chose her because she reminded her of a young Jane Lynch.

They found out that they were doing a mash up of “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” and “One Way Or Another” for the video. The concept of the video was they were a swim team who winds up having a slushie fight.

When it came time to go to the studio, Michael was struggling a bit again. Nikki talked again about him overthinking things.

They have a small window in the studio that the other kids can watch through (but Nikki can’t sing), and a couple of the kids got distracted by the other kids. This was the second time Charlie was really distracted by the window. It’s like a group of kindergarteners. They just get distracted so easily.

For the video, all of the kids got slushied, and they had some neat underwater scenes. The wheelchair girl had to come out of her wheelchair and sit on a bench when she took a lot of slushie. She had a bit of an issue taking a lot of slushie, and had trouble breathing at one point.

When it came time to pick the three people to sing for Ryan, they seemed to have a hard time with it again. Robert, Nikki, and Zach were talking about how well everyone did again. (I’m not sure I agree because I barely remember some of them--particularly Abraham--having an impact at all in the video). In the end, the sent Aylin, Nellie, and Charlie to the last chance performances.

Aylin was first, and she sang “Take A Bow.” She did OK on the song. I don’t particularly like her because I think she tries too hard to be noticed. She seems to want the focus to be on her all the time. I can’t remember what Ryan babbled to her about.

Nellie sang a Beyonce song I wasn’t familiar with (If I Were A Boy or something like that). I thought she did a really fantastic job on her song. She was strong and confident as a performer. When the mentors talked to her, they talked to her about her lack of confidence, and how she blends in. Zach told her that they were done telling her how wonderful they think she is because she knows it. They said she needs to figure out how to stand out more. Zach made the comment that it was like she was asking them to give her a role on Glee rather than her fighting for it.

Charlie performed “It’s Not Unusal.” He was really doing a great performance, and really selling it, but I thought he took it a step before. He changed the words in the last half of the song to stuff like, “It’s not unusual for me to want to love to be on Glee” and “Ryan Murphy it’s not unusual for me to love you.” He took a chance and he went for it, but I thought it was a bad choice. One of the things that had come up with Charlie in the past few weeks was they weren’t sure that he could be a professional, and I thought that his performance lacked professionalism, and was patronizing to the judges.

In the end, as Claire says above, they sent Charlie home. I felt like it was the right choice because he was in the bottom three for the fourth time, and he definitely was struggling with taking direction and was easily distracted. Though I understand that this has to do with Charlie’s autism, I also understand that Ryan and the mentors have to do what they think is best for the show. They are running a show with a huge cast, and they need actors who can come on set, take direction, and do what needs to be done.

Claire, though I can not to relate to raising a child with Asperger’s, I do understand your frustration and I’m sympathetic to your comments and emotions on this. But I think being on the show, and lasting in the show for a several weeks was a big accomplishment for Charlie. Charlie was picked to be on this show over tens of thousands of other kids who auditioned for the show. Robert, Ryan, and the other mentors saw something in him that made them want to bring him to the next level to see if he would fit on Glee. They seemed to genuinely appreciate Charlie’s talent, and performance level, but unfortunately, his autism gave him an added challenge that the others on the show don’t face. Hopefully, he had a good experience on the show, and he learned something from the experience that will help him on future auditions.

That being said, I have to admit that I do think that the producers of the Glee Project are exploiting some of the kids they chose this year. I don’t know if this is a delayed reaction to some of the backlash they experienced because they hired Kevin McHale to be Artie rather than an actor who was in a wheelchair. Though Aly, Mario, and Charlie are all definitely talented, I can’t help but wonder if they were cast because of their disabilities rather than purely on their talent. I hope this doesn’t sound like I don’t think they should be there because I think it’s great that these kids have been given a chance here, but it really seems like they went out of their way to cast kids with special needs this year. It just seems like they had an agenda with the casting this year, and if that is the case, then your frustration is well warranted, Claire.

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/11/2012, 5:54 pm

Is charlie the one w/ no ears? no wonder he ain't listening. and thanx for the recap.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/12/2012, 11:14 am

Just as a side note, I forgot to mention. I'm really starting to like Nellie as the competition goes on. She looks and sounds so different from the other actresses on Glee, and I'm starting to think they could make her an interesting character on the show. They could use her as a character who is a bit rough around the edges--not bitchy like Santana but just a girl with an edge. Or perhaps as a tomboy type of character.

On the Glee Project she has really great chemistry with Blake.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/18/2012, 5:29 pm

Well, another week of the Glee Project is history. Ryan Murphy has exploited and destroyed the dreams of another young Glee hopeful.

This week’s theme was theatricality and Grant Gustin was the guest mentor. They sang a song from “A Chorus Line.” I have to say that the wheelchair girl really does a good job of getting herself some key lines in the homework assignment each week. Her lines seemed longer and more dramatic than anyone else’s lines in the song. I can’t remember all of the ones Grant singled out, but he really like wheelchair girl and Lily Mae (the overweight diva).

They found out that they would be singing a Pussycat Dolls song. The concept of the video was that they were store clerks who were dreaming about being superstars, and each of them would take on the persona of a pop icon. Here is the list:

Michael was Elvis
Blake was Boy George
Abraham was David Bowie
Ailyn was Madonna (in the cone bra)
Lily was Cindy Lauper
Aly was Katy Perry
Shana was Lady Gaga (in the meat dress)
Nellie was Britney Spears (in the school girl outfit)

Ailyn was kind of annoying when she found out that she would be Madonna. She was like, “I don’t know why they made me be Madonna, but then I realized that Madonna is sexy, and well, so am I.” (Those aren’t the exact words, but that’s the just of it). Ailyn is really grating in my opinion--she thinks she is so wonderful, and sexy, and better than everyone else. My thought is that when someone says they are a certain characteristic as much as Ailyn says she’s sexy, then you aren’t really that characteristic. Now, I’m not a guy, but I find nothing appealing about Ailyn--she’s not that pretty, and her personality sucks.

When it came time to go in the studio, Michael was having issues yet again. They always say he overthinks it, and Nikki told him not to overthink or rehearse it, so he didn’t, and he still struggled.

When Abraham came out, Nikki asked him if he was androgynous like David Bowie, and Abraham got a bit bent out of shape, and wouldn’t really answer Nikki. Nikki couldn’t understand why he wouldn’t answer the question.

When they shot the video, most of the kids did a decent job as their characters. I thought Blake was fantastic as Boy George. He had the attitude down. Michael did a passable Elvis. I barely remember Abraham’s David Bowie, and Shana was struggling with lady gaga because she said the meat dress was really heavy and smelled really bad.

Robert and Zach didn’t like Lily as Cindy Lauper. Robert said that she wasn’t being an 80’s pop icon. She was just being Lily having fun.

Nellie was struggling as Britney Spears. They wanted her to lean back against some produce, and she was struggling with being the sexy school girl.

The video was OK, but not something I would ever watch again. Aly had a bigger part in the video and I didn’t particularly like her. I just don’t like her voice or her expressions.

When it came time to pick the three for the last chance performance for Ryan, Robert and Zach sent Aly away right away, calling her the star of the day. They also called back Blake, Ailyn, and Shanna.

So, they were left with Michael, Lily, Abraham, and Nellie to pick from for the final three. They wound up picking Lily, Abraham, and Nellie to be the final three. Lily was pissed because she thought that she should have been called back over Michael because Michael has been given the same note several times, and hasn’t improved upon it.

Nellie performed “I’m The Only One” by Melissa Ethridge. She did a great job on the song, though it may have been a bit lower than her comfort zone. Once again, they pointed out her confidence issues, and mentioned how it takes them longer to shoot her parts of the video than anyone else’s.

Abraham sang “Stereo Hearts” (I think that’s what it was called--it’s the one the God Squad sang to Rachel in “Heart”). He did an OK job. He raps about as well as Darren, if you know what I mean. They talked to him about being androgynous and how it was upsetting to him when Nikki asked him about it. He said he was bullied all through school for being a bit feminine. Ryan basically told him that he had to get past that, and Abraham said that he decided after Nikki questioned him that he wasn’t going to let it be a crutch, and he wasn’t going let it keep him from taking advantage of the Glee project opportunity.

Lily was the last to perform, and she sang Adele’s “Someone Like You.” She did a good job. Ryan said that he felt like he really got to know her in the song. She really can’t take criticism well. They told her that they didn’t embody her pop icon well, and she said that she had confusion direction. Ryan asked her if she was blaming her problems on Zach, and Zach went on the defensive saying that he told her that he said she didn’t have to become Cyndi but be like her. He said that she missed out on opportunities to use the 80’s dance moves in her portrayal. Lily got really upset when she was talking to them, and started crying and ranting and saying that she could act her way out of a box. She was very emotional.

In the end, Ryan said at this point he had to take people who he thought had a chance of winning further in the competition. He wound up sending Nellie home. I was disappointed that they sent Nellie home because I thought she would be a nice addition to the show because she doesn’t look or sound like the other girls on Glee, or in the current Glee project cast. She was more unique, and they could have brought a new interesting character in with her.

After watching all these episodes, I have to say that while none of the ones left really strike me as ones who I want to see on Glee regularly, there are a few that I don’t want on Glee.

I can not stand Ailyn. I don’t know if I’m looking at the same person as Zach and Robert because they seem to love her. I don’t think she is that great of an actress or singer, and her attitude sucks.

I also don’t want Aly on the show. I do not like her voice at all, and her expressions are as derpy as you know whose. I also am afraid that if they bring her on the show, it would be specifically for the purpose of giving Artie a girlfriend in a wheelchair, which I don’t like the idea of. I don’t trust the writers of this show, and I think that they would use the wheelchairs to define Artie and Aly’s character if she is on the show.

Though I don’t particularly like or dislike Abraham, I do not want him on the show if they are going to make his character be androgynous. They have already done the whole feminine guy thing with Kurt (and handled it badly). If Unique is going to be in the ND as well, I just don’t think there’s room for another feminine guy in the cast. The writers don’t handle stuff well, and they will just be rehashing all of Kurt’s storylines with actors who are not as talented as Chris.

Right now, I’m still holding out for Blake or Michael.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 7/18/2012, 9:31 pm

Haven't seen the episode yet, but I already know that Nellie was sent home. I'm so dissapointed. I read one of the reasons RM said was that he felt people won't identify with her. Excuse me? So could anybody explain me why so many people was supporting her? dryy

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/18/2012, 9:41 pm

RM is an ass who probably couldn't figure out how to write a character for her. I could totally picture her being a rough around the edges/wrong side of the tracks kind of kid. Kind of like a tamer female Puck (minus the sex fiend thing). I thought her voice would be a nice addition to the show. It is deeper and richer than the other girls. Different from wat we currently have on glee.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/18/2012, 10:36 pm

I finally saw part of the TGP - I saw the last half an hour or so when the bottom 3 were being told to perform for the Emperor. I don't know or care about any of these people. I do hope Abe Limcohn gets to see Chris, but I doubt he would because Chris won't come in until next month, like in the last episode or so. I doubt he will last that long. I agree that they do NOT need another androgenous guy, although many Asians are considered more "feminine" because their smallish body frames and their cultural upbringing which give people the impression of effeminency. I have cousins who some Americans think might be gay but are actually very straight. They are just short, smallish, nice and sweet and have relatively higher and softer voices. It's more of genetic/physical traits than sexual orientation.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz on 7/26/2012, 1:53 pm

Based on this thread, I think only a few of the posters here actually care about this show humhum Tbh, I'm just waiting for the last ep but here's the rating of the eps that was aired so far:

The Glee Project Season 2 ratings.

2-01 05/Jun/12 Individuality (Lea Michele)
0.389 million viewers, #27; 0.159 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #28

2-02 12/Jun/12 Dance-ability (Samuel Larsen)
0.474 million viewers, #26; 0.177 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #25

2-03 19/Jun/12 Vulnerability (Cory Monteith)
0.487 million viewers, #21; 0.233 million adults 18-49 (0.2 rating), #21

2-04 26/Jun/12 Sexuality (Naya Rivera)
0.640 million viewers, #24; 0.259 million adults 18-49 (0.2 rating), #23

2-05 03/Jul/12 Adaptability (Kevin McHale)
0.495 million viewers, #16; 0.296 million adults 18-49 (0.2 rating), #12

2-06 10/Jul/12 Fearlessness (Jane Lynch)
0.507 million viewers, #24; 0.191 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #24

2-07 17/Jul/12 Theatricality (Grant Gustin)
0.342 million viewers, #25; 0.149 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #24

2-08 24/Jul/12 Tenacity (Amber Riley)
0.357 million viewers, #26; 0.174 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #25

Wow, Jane was one of the mentors? I haven't even heard of that!

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/26/2012, 2:07 pm

I think Chris is going to be the last mentor. the next one is DC and after that we still have Diana.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/31/2012, 10:47 am

I just remembered that I never did my review of the Glee Project last week, so I figured I’d give a quick review. The theme was tenacity, and Amber Riley was the guest mentor.

For the homework assignment, they did “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child. I don’t really remember the homework assignment that well, so I can’t say who did good and who did bad. But Ali won the homework assignment and the guest mentor session with Amber.

For the music video, they did “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor. The concept of the video was an obstacle course, and they had to do the entire video from start to finish in one take. If someone screwed up, they had to start again from the very beginning. Poor Blake had to start the scene by running up the bleachers, and throwing a basketball to Michael like 40 times because that’s how many takes it took to get it done.

Michael and Abraham were really struggling with one section of the video where they were required to do double dutch jump roping while Ailyn and Lily swung the rope. They just couldn’t get the double dutch down. Robert and Zach were complaining about them holding up the video and not being able to do double dutch. While that is true, I thought it was crazy to expect that anyonewould be able to double dutch without prior practice. They finally gave up the double dutch idea, and did just regular jump roping. Abraham hurt his ankle in the middle of the shoot, but finished it.

Ali had to finish the video by throwing a ball through a basketball hoop over her shoulder. She wasn’t able to do it, and they had to restart the video several times. She started having a meltdown, and suggested that everyone lift her wheelchair up so she could do it, and they finally finished it after about 40 takes.

When it came time to chose the final three, they picked Michael, Abraham, and Lily. Michael once again had trouble in the studio, and they really held the whole double dutch thing against them. I can’t remember why the picked Lily.

Michael sang “Brick” by the Ben Folds Five. I thought he did a good job on the song. He can definitely sing.

Abraham was next, and he sang “Man In the Mirror.” He had been given the note that Ryan didn’t want to see him suck up to him in the last chance performance like he did the previous week. He did a decent job on the song, but I don’t think his voice is as strong as the others.

Lily was last, and she sang “I’m the Greatest Star.” She did an OK job, but she didn’t nail it. She’s no Chris Colfer, that’s for sure Wink She forgot the words, so she just kind of scatted a bit. Ryan commented that she forget the words, but it didn’t bother him because she just kept with it.

After Lily left the stage, Abraham came walking back out on stage, and surprised Ryan, Robert and Zach. He said, “I’m not freaking leaving until I win the Glee Project or you write me a role on Glee.” They had a bit of back and forth conversation.

In the end, I thought for sure it would be Michael, but it was Abraham. I guess it was the right thing to do because Abraham didn’t have as strong of a voice as the others, and he has been in the bottom three most week.

Tonight's episode has Blarren as the mentor. I wonder if it's scripted for the contestents (and America) to swoon when he walks in the door.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/31/2012, 2:12 pm

too bad Abe will never get to meet Chris in person (on this show). :( but there's no way he would have survived another 2 rounds.

I assume the final winner will be a girl. they desperately need a girl. heck this is not a catholic boy choir and McKinley is not a monk school (Dalton is Smile ).

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee on 8/1/2012, 4:41 am

Unfortunately, the best female contestant just went home. We are now down to literally two winners I would actually accept and only one more that would not make me actively throw something at the TV.

My recap is here: http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/08/romanticality-glee-project-recap.html

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 8/2/2012, 4:19 pm

So, Tuesday night’s episode of the Glee Project was about as exciting as any other episode of the Glee Project. The theme was Romanticality and Blarren was the special guest mentor. Of course, everyone swooned over him (because I’m sure that they were instructed to react like it was the second coming of Christ when Blarren walked into the room). Aylin rambled on in a diary session about how he can sing, and act, and dance, and he was good looking too. Clearly she drank the kool aid at craft services.

Anyways, the homework assignment was “More Than Words” by Extreme, which brought me back to my high school days when I went to see Extreme in concert long before “More Than Words” was a hit song (Extreme is from the next town over from where I grew up). Nuno Bettencourt, the guitarist of Extreme, was going to be there to play guitar while they sang.

They had to break down in pairs for the song. Michael was with Shana. Blake was with Ali. Lily was with Aylin. When they were rehearsing, Lily suggested to Ailyn that they kissed, and they agreed to do that, but they didn’t want the others to know what they had planned.

When it came time to do the song, Robert introduced Nuno to everyone. Nuno said to Robert, “I heard you lost your virginity to this song.” OK, first of all, why did Nuno know that? Was he the one Robert lost his virginity to? And even it Nuno did know, why did they feel the need to share that information with the half million people watching the show?

The homework assignment was about as exciting as any other homework assignment on the show. Seriously, every week it’s the same thing now. Honestly, I’m at the point where none of these kids particularly inspire me to watch the show, but I’m a glutton for punishment, so I watch anyways. Most of the most interesting people have already been eliminated from the show (the only one I still really like is Blake).

Darren spoke to each pair. He told Michael and Shana that they were stiff in their performance. And if anyone knows a thing or two about stiff acting, it’s Darren Criss. He thought that Lily and Aylin were too intense. He liked the playfulness between Blake and Aly. Blake wound up winning the mentoring session with Darren, and got to pick who his partner would be for the video, so he picked Aly. Darren then paired Lily up with Michael and Aylin up with Shana for the music video.

When it came time for the recording studio, they brought each pair into the booth together to harmonize. For once, Nikki was happy with Michael. Blake was having a hard time harmonizing with Aly. Blake said that at this point in the competition, they were looking for excuses to send people to the bottom three, and he gave them a reason.

The song for the video was “We Found Love” and the concept of the video was basically the Breakfast Club--they were in Saturday detention, and when Principal Figgy was away the kids would play. Each couple went off to a part where they could kiss and paw at each other.

Michael and Lily went to the bleachers at the football field. They kind of approached, and pulled away from each other as they walked on the bleachers. They commented on how Michael brought his performance up a bit, and Lily brought hers down, and it worked.

Blake and Aly went to a little office for their private time. Aly wanted to come out of her wheelchair for the scene to show that people in wheelchairs could be romantic. Blake picked her up and put her on the ground for their romantic moment.

Aylin and Shana went to the auditorium for their romantic session. They had this weird little cat and mouse run dance thing that looked very unnatural. Clearly no chemistry there. Erik White had to stop the video and give them direction to get them to be more natural.

When it came time to discuss the bottom three, Robert, Zach and Nikki once again had a hard time deciding because they were so fantastic (I don’t know what they were watching). They were considering sending both boys to the bottom three, but Nikki was concerned about how the show would be if there were four girls and just one boy left.

In the end, they sent Shana, Blake, and Aylin to the last chance performance. Blake was the only one who wasn’t completely surprised to be there. Shana thought it should have been Michael because he gets the same note every week and still has the same issues. Aylin just thinks she is the female Darren Criss and everyone should love and swoon over her (and if she wins I’m sure it will be scripted that way).

Aylin was up first, and she had to sing “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.” I wasn’t overly impressed by her performance (but I am really sick of her, so that probably has something to do with it). Ryan liked it, but said she forgot the words. They asked her what her mother would think of her performance on this week. She said her mother would be accepting, but the family in Turkey wouldn’t understand. They asked her if she was ready to take the backlash that would come with breaking the stereotype of a Turkish Muslim, and she said that she was ready for it and she wanted to be that girl.

Blake was next, and he sang “Losing My Religion” by REM. Before he came onstage, Ryan said that the problem he had with Blake was that he was confident and never showed vulnerability. I thought he did a decent, thought not spectacular job on the song. I can’t remember what they talked to him about after his performance.

Shana was next, and she performed “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson. Before she came out onstage, Ryan asked why she was in the bottom three because he couldn’t tell from the footage from the show, and Robert said it was because she was too Disney with her expressions (to which I thought, “Have you ever watched Aly on this show?” That’s the girl with the most exaggerated facial expressions in the cast). Shana had the best performance of the three. She put power and emotion into the song. Ryan asked her what she thought her character would be on the show, and she said that she wanted to be the strong, athletic girl into everything who could sing. Ryan said that he could see the character he would for the others, but wasn’t sure about her.

That’s the kiss of death from Ryan Murphy. Apparently he can’t create characters anymore. He can’t write a character and find an actor who can portray the role. No. He has to meet people, get to know them, and then put them on the show as themselves with a different name.

Shana didn’t seem happy with her feedback, nor with her appearance in the bottom three. Ryan asked her if she thought she believed she should be there, and she told him that she didn’t deserve to be there. Michael deserved to be in the bottom three because he was always receiving the same negative feedback, and she was consistent from the beginning. When Shana walked off state, Nikki said she gave her credit for saying that. I thought she was ready to say, “You go girl” to Shana when she said it.

In the end, Shana was the one sent packing. I thought out of the bottom three that Aylin should have been the one to go this week, but Trollphy clearly wants to write about a Turkish Muslim, so she’ll probably win the damn competition.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 8/2/2012, 9:38 pm

fantastica wrote:too bad Abe will never get to meet Chris in person (on this show). :( but there's no way he would have survived another 2 rounds.

I assume the final winner will be a girl. they desperately need a girl. heck this is not a catholic boy choir and McKinley is not a monk school (Dalton is Smile ).

I was thinking they need a girl because ND has so many boys and that a strange phenomenon in a choir. So the winner is among Lily, Aylin or Ali. None of them are my favorite, I'd rather Nellie or Shanna but is RM the one who decides.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/2/2012, 10:10 pm

let's do a number count:

NDers from old time: artie, tina, sam, brittany, blaine, jesus, sugar, unique = 8

new NDers already hired: Puck's little bro, the 2 new girls w/ no names yet, 1 TGP winner = 4

I assume Walex/unique will be in ND (since they need a black diva now that Mercede is gone), and that Sebastian will continue to be at Dalton for competition purposes. It's possible that the second runner up from TGP will end up in one of the competition episode too, in a rival choir.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 8/2/2012, 10:40 pm

Trollphy said there would be only one winner this year, so there may not be a runner up.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 8/8/2012, 12:19 pm

The Glee Project semi-finals aired last night. The theme was actability and Dianna Agron was the guest mentor.

The homework assignment was “Addicted to Love” by Robert Palmer. When they were singing their solos, each kid was shown a card with an emotion they had to show while they were singing. Michael got determined, and he mostly used his eyes to show his determination. Lily got scared, and she did her typical over exaggeration. Aylin got anxious, and I didn’t think she conveyed it at all. Blake got angry, and he did OK. Aly got excited, and she basically just gave the same facial expressions she always gives when they are performing. In the end, Dianna chose Michael to be the winner.

The video shoot this week was going to be a movie trailer for a fake movie starring them set to their rendition of “Perfect” by pink. Each kid was giving their character for the trailer. Aylin was a Muslim girl who got pregnant by her football quarterback Blake. Michael was a teammate of Blake’s who was in love with Aylin. Aly was Michael’s sister who wanted to be a track star before she got disable in an accident where Lily was the driver.

I thought Blake and Michael did really well in the video. They had to argue and fight, and I thought both of them were convincing, especially break. Lily was over acted her lines when she was showing her guilt for causing the accident that injured Aly. Aly didn’t seem to be able to get a word in anywhere because Lily was so over the top. I wasn’t particularly impressed by Aylin. She didn’t have many lines in the thing, and most of her acting came in the form of expressions and body language. I just didn’t think she conveyed it well.

After the video shoot, all of the kids were told they would be doing last chance performances. They also found out that Ryan would be brining some of the writers with them that night. Ryan wanted the writers to see the kids so they could decided if they could write a character (hey Ryan, just because Chris inspired you to write a character, it doesn’t mean you should do that with all actors--write the character to fit into the show first, and find the actor to fit, you moron).

Michael had to sing the Finn version of “Girls Just Want to Have Fun.” I thought he did a decent job on it. He definitely has a good voice, but I thought the song choice put him at a disadvantage. Everyone else was given songs that had more power and were more upbeat, so his performance, though good, was as entertaining as the others. After Ryan said that the girls would love him because he is so adorable.

Lily had to sing “Son of A Preacher Man.” She did a fantastic job. She really got into it, and worked the stage. She definitely is more of a live performer than a film performer. The mentors and writers talked a lot about Lily’s attitude throughout the season, and expressed concern about her being difficult to work with (just like freaking Alex).

Aly sang “Here’s to Us” by Halestorm. I really just do not like her voice at all. It’s just very very grating. It’s like something only dogs should hair. Last week, I think Robert said that Shanna’s expressions were “too Disney.” Apparently he never looked at Aly because she is far more animated and overexaggerated with her facial expressions as Shana was. She could give Darren a run for the money in a derpy face competition. Ian thought that she could be a promiscuous bitch on the show, but I just don’t see it.

Blake performed Elton John’s “I’m Still Standing.” I thought he did really well. He really got into it, and did some goofy dance moves during the song, which I didn’t expect from him. I can’t remember exactly what they said about him, but they did realize that he was the most consistent in the group.

Aylin performed “Fighter” by Christina Aguleira. Thankfully, she was not half naked boxing in a shower when she did it. She did OK, but I wasn’t overly impressed. Ryan seems very obsessed with writing the Muslim character for her (which means she’ll win). Ryan asked everyone, “Do we owe it to the audience to do something we’ve never done before? Or do we owe it to the audience to pick a star?” Michael Hitchcock said that they should pick a star and most of the writers seemed to agree. Which means Aylin has probably already won because Ryan can write a character for her.

In the end, they sent Michael and Lily packing.

Here are my thoughts on the final three:

Aly is my least favorite of the three. I don’t know why they love her so much. I can’t stand her voice, and I think she is a Johnny one-note when it comes to acting. She seems like a strong and determined young woman, but I don’t want her on the show. Hopefully this won’t come across as bad, but one of my concerns with her is her disability. We all know how limiting the wheelchair is for Artie, and having a second character in a wheelchair (portrayed by an actress who requires that wheelchair) would limit what they can do for choreography on the show even further. I also fear that they would just be exploiting her disability on the show because the dumbasses who run this join are the kings of exploitation.

I think that Blake is the strongest actor in the final three, and he has been very consistent throughout the season. They really had to pick at straws to send him to the final three last week. He has a decent voice, though it’s probably very similar to all the other guys on the show.

Aylin continues to grate on my nerves each week. I haven’t liked her since day one, and she did nothing that won me over. But she is probably going to win the competition because she basically gave Ryan an easy idea for a character. Ryan made a comment in the show last night that he thought America was interested in exploring Muslim characters, but I have no idea why he thinks that. Honestly, I think with the way things are in the U.S. that could turn some viewers off the show. I’m just not looking forward to Glee with Aylin on it.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 8/8/2012, 5:19 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Aylin continues to grate on my nerves each week. I haven’t liked her since day one, and she did nothing that won me over. But she is probably going to win the competition because she basically gave Ryan an easy idea for a character. Ryan made a comment in the show last night that he thought America was interested in exploring Muslim characters, but I have no idea why he thinks that. Honestly, I think with the way things are in the U.S. that could turn some viewers off the show. I’m just not looking forward to Glee with Aylin on it.

I find it mysterious that they want to introduce these "controversial" ideas at a show that airs in Fox network, which then means they can't show anything...Besides I would hate to see how they F up islam in Glee, that will bring up more shit storm than upsetting sexual minorities. If this is considered un-PC from me then that may it be un-PC. Wink
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/8/2012, 5:32 pm

islam can be a fun topic, like christianity, for like one episode, as well as the subject of one liners here and there. plus:
- some students may call her terrorist and the whole glee club will rise to defend her; good topic for racial discrimination.
- her family won't allow her date anybody non-muslin, but she is in love - classic forbidden love story, very tragic indeed. finally she protests by blowing herself up, but survives the blast because her home made bomb only blinds her. now she is also disabled. yay! totally glee/gloom!

based on the above analysis I predict this girl is going to win.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette on 8/8/2012, 7:36 pm

^i agree I think aylin is going to win.

By the way has anyone seen the ratings of the recent episodes? I keep looking for the one on romanticality and can't seem to find it...
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next