Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glee Project 2

+12
valkeakuulas
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
E-ko
BlueJazz
fantastica
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Glee Project 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Glee Project 2

Post  E-ko 6/8/2012, 11:35 am

That's true, Pair-ability was one of Darren's last season. That's where he made the comment about how hard it is to play gay, if I'm not mistaken.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/8/2012, 11:59 am

fantastica wrote:what does it mean hard to play gay? if DC isn't flirting w/ girls he's very gay. my hubby was sure he was a closeted gay.

Yup, he's quite flamboyant and gay in real life. I was surprised when I saw those pics of him with colourful nails Shocked I think he meant that it's hard to act out every scenes on Glee tonguue

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 6/8/2012, 12:11 pm

BlueJazz wrote:
fantastica wrote:what does it mean hard to play gay? if DC isn't flirting w/ girls he's very gay. my hubby was sure he was a closeted gay.

Yup, he's quite flamboyant and gay in real life. I was surprised when I saw those pics of him with colourful nails Shocked I think he meant that it's hard to act out every scenes on Glee tonguue
Guys, I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but being flamboyant (or butch, for the females under us, hi!) has nothing to do with being gay. Darren was referring to the fact that it's hard to feign sexual attraction towards somebody you're not sexually attracted to, but was being an asshole about the fact that heterosexuals/homosexuals can also just not be attracted to their preferred gender (case in point: Chris is definitely not attracted to Darren in the slightest, lol) because he made it sound like only heteros-playing-gay deserve kudos for their 'acting'.

That was my face-palm source, tbh.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/8/2012, 1:37 pm

^ agree w/ you. If you ask me to kiss a guy I have absoltuely no interest in, I would feel like kissing a slimy salamander. I think what he said just reinforces those prejudice that straight playing gay is a so much worse than straight playing a different personality straight. I mean acting is acting. It's not like they you are forced to eat bugs, or doing something absolutely gross. these actors are not sacrificing anything. they are just trying to make themselves look better than they actually are.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/13/2012, 9:57 am

I watched last night’s Glee Project, and none of the kids did particularly well last night (the mentors said that normally they have a hard time picking three people to sing for Ryan because most of them were good, but this time, they had a hard time because so few of them were good). I know it’s early in the show, but none of the kids are standing out as particularly good.

All of the boys kind of blend together. Basically all of them have the same voice, and none of them have a really great distinctive voice--they got rid of the boy with the distinctive country voice last week. But most of them are “cute” so they’ll go far.

Last night’s theme was dancability. None of them were particularly good dancers. When they were rehearsing for the video, Zach said it was absolutely horrible.

Here are some random thoughts on some of the people who I can actually remember individually:

I know that Mario, the blind boy, is at a disadvantage when they are doing choreography because he can’t see, but it is really awkward watching him. He just kind of bounces in place and throws his hands up in the air. I can’t see them actually casting him because he is so limited by his blindness.

Ailyn, the Turkish Muslim, is getting kind of annoying. Two episodes in, all she talks about is how she is a Turkish Muslim, and how her mother thinks she’s never kissed a boy, but she has kissed many boys. I think she is going to be very grating if she stays in the competition for long.

I can’t remember the wheelchair girl’s name, but I find her really annoying. She has kind of nasally grating vocal sound, and she is very over animated with her movements and facial expressions when she is performing. She’s on the top of my list to go soon.

Abraham, the Asian boy with the black and red hair, has a bit of a grating personality as well. I think he tries too hard to be noticed. He dances like he thinks he’s the greatest dancer on earth, but there is little fluidity to his movement.

Now, onto the bottom three:

The first one to perform was Dani, the Justin Beiber lookalike. She performed “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac. I thought she sounded quite good on the song, and she put a lot of emotion into the song. Ryan said that she was definitely an artist, but wasn’t sure she was a performer who could be on Glee. Robert said that she would never be perky. They just weren’t sure she is versatile enough to be on the show.

The second one to perform was Tyler, the transgender kid. He performed “Daniel” by Elton John. He definitely has the weakest voice of any of the kids on the show. The mentors talked about how much he had improved since day one. Ryan told him how much he improved, but still seemed to have doubts that Tyler would be able to last in the show with the other kids who are clearly more talented than him. But Ryan loves his story, and thinks there are kids out there who will find his story so inspiring, and need that inspiration. So, that means, Ryan will probably string this kid along on the show for many weeks, even as he appears in the bottom three.

The third one to perform was Lily, the chubby girl with the big voice. She performed Shania Twain’s “Man I Feel Like a Woman.” She gave a solid performance vocally, and really worked the song, flirting with the band. Lily is this year’s Alex. During the rehearsals, she had a little bit of a run in with Zach--Zach told her not to do some dance move, and she did it anyways. So, Ryan confronted her on that, and then asked her if she had problem with other mentors. She said only with her choir director, and Ryan made a comment about him being the choir director of the show. When she left the stage, Ryan made the comment, “So do we get rid of someone because their attitude sucks?” And I thought, “You didn’t get rid of Alex last season.” She hasn’t really shown herself to be the “I’m better than you diva” that Alex was last season--she seems not to handle criticism well.

They wound up getting rid of Justin Beiber, which is too bad because she had a nice voice, and was actually quite likable.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/13/2012, 12:50 pm

ahh, thanks for the "recap" sweetie. save me the hassle of watching it. well, I have never watched a single episode of it since its inception. your recap is all I need to know.

Justin Bieber girl is not sexy. that's part of hte reason they don't want her. they want someone who is sexually attractive on the screen. tbh most people who watch this show are shallow. if they want something deep this is definitely the wrong show. so shallow traits for a shallow show makes sense.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 6/15/2012, 3:53 am

Well, I am going through Glee Withdrawal so I tuned into the Glee Project because I've gotten this recapping thing pretty deeply into my head now. I gotta say it... Ryan Murphy is an idiot and he's got no imagination. He's also convinced himself that EVERY LGTB kid out there is inspirational, because Chris is. No, Ryan. Chris is special. Tyler is just kinda there.

I recapped this episode at http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/06/danceability-glee-project-recap.html

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/15/2012, 7:45 am

^ Good for you, Claire neutre Thanks for posting the recap and I couldn't agree more with your comments on RM. Maybe I should start my Glee withdrawal soon...

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/15/2012, 12:11 pm

claire, your recap made me want to watch this show! this is very unhealthy! I am desperately trying to wean myself from everything glee (except where chris is involved).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/20/2012, 12:53 pm

So, Trollphy strikes again, and not a single person was kicked off the show last night.

Although I thought Mario should go, personally, although he has a lovely voice. He's getting a big head.

And it was wrong of Charlie to grab the cane without talking about it with the director or especially Mario first, and dangerous, but I do think overall it was a great acting decision IF he had talked it over with someone before he did it. It made that scene a lot more real, and effective.

And I Evil or Very Mad at Ryan's comment to Lily that the show is about underdogs, and she's not an underdog, so she has no place in the show. Excuse me Trollphy, but Blaine's very existence destroys that idea, because he is the polar opposite of an underdog in every single way. (Except his off-screen gay bashing, which doesn't count in my eyes, since he's never been bullied even once on screen for anything, which is incredibly glaring after a whole season of him dressing like an idiot. And the only time he was hit with a slushie, it was by Warblers not bullies, and the blinding slushie of doom was aimed for *KURT* not him, which everyone seems to forget, even Kurt himself. And Santana's bitchy comments to Blaine don't count because she's like that with everyone but Brittany). So yeah, they're all underdogs my butt, Trollphy. vexe

I still find it funny they gave Cory the vulnerability episode instead of Chris, since Chris has been vulnerable in a lot more scenes than Cory has, but oh well. At least it means that, since Chris is doing one of the final episodes, he'll only have to be subjected to the best of the Glee Project kids tonguue
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/20/2012, 3:48 pm

Erin beat me tot he review, but here is what I wrote up about last night's episode:

Well, I watched the latest episode of the Glee Project. The assignment was vulnerability, and, as we knew, Cory was the guest mentor. There homework assignment was to sing “My Life Would Suck Without You.” I didn’t think any of them were particularly good in the homework assignment. Cory told Lily Mae that she was doing good until she put her hand through her hair and made it look sexy instead of vulnerable. He told the wheelchair girl that she was a bit over the top. He wound up picking Nellie to be the homework winner (not that I can even remember anything about her).

As we knew, the video was going to be about bullying, and they sang REM’s “Everybody Hurts.” Since they realized last week that none of them had dancabilty, they made this a non-choreographed week. Just about everyone had a scene as a bully and a victim for the video.

I have to say that after three weeks watching this show, there are still several people who I don’t even know their names. None of them are particularly good--last season, there were at least some who had some decent (though not spectacular) talent. This year, they are all different layers of mediocre (so I guess that makes them perfect for Glee).

Most of the rehearsing for the video, and the video itself were unimpressive. The only things that are notable when Charlie was rehearsing a scene where him and some of the other boys were supposed to taunting Mario (the blind boy), he made the decision to grab his white cane from him. That was the scene that had Robert and Zach reacting in the promos--they later told him that it was dangerous, and it took away from the other actors in the scene.

The other notable thing was that Lily Mae played a very convincing bully. She attacked the what’s her name Turkish Muslim girl with great gusto. Robert and Zach noted that Lily wasn’t very good at lip syncing.

When all was said and done, Robert and Zach thought they all did a very good job on the video. I thought that they all did a mediocre to bad job on the video. They had a hard time picking out the three to perform the last chance performance for Ryan. They decide to send Lily Mae, Charlie, and Mario to the final three.

One thing of note, when Nikki Anders started talking to Mario about his pitch issues in the studio, he gave her some lip service. He said that he was classically trained, and really came across as arrogant.

Lily was the first person to perform, and she had to perform “Mercy” by Duffy. She is definitely one of the strongest voices on the show, and she has a very good stage performance. Ryan told her that he didn’t know if she was right for the show because the show is about underdogs, and she is not an underdog. She wound up putting on the waterworks, and cried her eyes out about how she didn’t think she had the chance to really show them who she was yet, and blah blah blah.

Charlie was second in line, and he performed “Fix You” by Coldplay. He put his own little spin on the song, singing the lines a bit differently, which gave Ryan a hard on. Charlie did a nice job on the song, and also had a great stage presence. Ryan told Charlie that he loved him even more now. (hmmm. Could Ryan be in the market for a new toy?).

Mario was the third performer, and he performed “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” (the Don Ho version). I thought he was by far the weakest of the three last chance performers. His voice sounded OK, but I didn’t think that he had much emotion on the song. He broke down into tears in front of Ryan and the others.

There was a bit of a tiff amongst the kids while they waited for the callback list. Mario was complaining about Nikki saying he was having pitch issues, and he made a comment about everyone else having pitch issues so he shouldn’t be singled out. Several of the kids took offense to this, and started snapping back at him, one telling him that the comment was unnecessary, and Lily told him that a lot of his comments come across badly.

When Robert posted the callback list, it was revealed that all of them were being called back, so no one went home last night. Ryan knows nothing about running a reality show. Him, Robert, and Zach need to each grow a pair, and not worry about crushing these kids' dreams.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/20/2012, 8:09 pm

haha, everybody wins. that's the spirit!

GLEE after all is about a group of million kids whose dream would be crashed if RM doesn't keep them on the show.

dryy

dryy

dryy

thanks for the review! that was more fun than watching the show (I didn't watch it again).

If season 4 can be like this - you guys write reviews and I will just read them, i think i can manage.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 6/21/2012, 3:42 am

Ryan Murphy is just horrifying gullible. Lily is just horrifying. The only kid in the bottom three that I would have kept was Charlie.

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/06/vulnerability-glee-project-recap.html

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/21/2012, 10:05 pm

thanks Claire for hte recap!

just found this "recap" from Abe, the asian guy. he mentioned Chris (I didn't finish teh whole thing):
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/27/2012, 7:30 am

The theme for this weeks Glee Project was sexuality and Naya Rivera was the guest mentor. The homework song was "I Wanna Sex You Up" by Color Me Bad. I thought Blake did a really good job on his part. Mario did this weird vocal thing that Naya seemed to like, but I thought it was kind of showboating--he was trying to hard to stand out from the group, and it made him look kind of like an ass.

When the homework ended, Naya told Blake that he has a good look so that makes him sexy, and he should use that. She told Charlie that he was very sexy, but he did beatboxing and she finds beatboxing sexy. She spoke to a couple of the others, too, but I don't remember. She chose Charlie as the winner. Charlie proved how unsexy he is in a private interview by gloating about Naya thinking he was sexy.

When it came time to go to the studio, two things of note happened. When Charlie was in the booth, he was looking out the window and flirting with Ailyn, and Nikki called him on it. She said, "I'd yell at you for it, but you're doing a good job." Michael and Mario went into the booth to sing together, and Michael was having lots of problems. He couldn't get the lines out right--he kept up messing up the words. Nikki finally kicked him out of the booth.

Side note about Ailyn. I am so sick of her bringing up that she is a Turkish Muslim. We know. You don't have to remind us 47,000 times.

When they were filming the video, Charlie was being a real ass. They had Mrs. Hagbert on the show to be the teacher, and he was tryng to direct her how to do the shot. Eric White, the director of the video, actually had to pull him aside and tell him that they were doing the shot his way, not Charlie's way. This was the second week that Charlie tried to change scenes to what he wanted them to be.

The video was a mashup of "Moves Like Jaggar" and "Milkshake" and the scene was a sex ed class that turned into a girl vs. boy mashup. The video was pretty good. I thought Michael did a really great job on the video.

When it came time to pick the bottom three, they sent Charlie, Michael, and Tyler to perform for Ryan. Charlie was first to perform, and he sang "I Get a Kick Out of You." He did a good job on the song. He does have a decent stage presence. Ryan and the mentors called him on his behavior this week, and they called it unprofessional.

Tyler was next, and he performed the Charlie Chaplin song "Smile." This performance was a bit weird to me. Sometimes I really liked the way he sang it, sometimes he just did some weird vocal things that I didn't like. It seemed like he kept changing the key he was sining in. Ryan once again talked about how much he loved Tyler's story, and blah blah blah.

Michael was up last, and he performed "Lucky" by Jason Mraz. He started out good, but then he forgot the words, and missed a few bars. And then, he just totally made up the lyrics for it. He knew he had a bad week, and you could tell how horribly he felt after messing up the song. He has an honesty to him that is very refreshing amongst the kids who are so full of themselves. Robert said that Michael takes direction well, and does well with the acting despite the fact he never acted. Ryan rightfully called his peformance the worst performance of the night when they were discussing him. Zach said that he was against Michael leaving this week.

When it came time to send someone home, they sent Tyler home, which surprised me, but pleased me. I thought we would see Tyler make it further into the show because Ryan likes his story so much, but Tyler is clearly the least talented of all the kids.

I thought for sure that Michael would go because he was definitely the worst, but like I said, he did stand out in the video. I like that they gave him a second chance because he did just seem to have a really bad week--I don't think he's super talented--he definitely has to work hard to get things--but he does come across good on film.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/27/2012, 9:26 am

Who is Tyler? The blind guy?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/27/2012, 9:48 am

fantastica wrote:Who is Tyler? The blind guy?

Tyler is the transgender kid. Mario is the blind kid.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/27/2012, 10:14 am

He can always use Tyler's story on Alex ' character.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/4/2012, 11:04 am

Well, I watched the Glee project last night. The theme was adaptabilty and Kevin McHale was the guest mentor. The homework assignment was "You Outta Know" by Alanis Morrisette. Each kid was giving a random line to prepare for, but when it came time to sing the song, they each had to sing the entire song. They mixed and matched all of the singers throughout the song and it was kind of nice because it gave you the chance to really hear each individual voice.

Kevin said that Michael did a good job acting, but sometimes it was over the top. He commented how Shana didn't know the words to the song, but she just went with it. He raved about Ailyn (and for once, she didn't mention that she was a Turkish Muslim). He spoke directly to a couple of other ones, and wound up picking Ailyn as the winner for a one on one.

They didn't tell the kids what songs they were going to be performing until they arrived at the studio. The song was Price Tag. Michael did really well in the studio. The wheelchair girl (whose name I still can't remember) was struggling a bit.

When it came time for the video, Mario wasn't taking direction well (and boy who sounds like a pompous ass when he talks--I think he's got a bit of Blaine in him). Charlie was ignoring the direction and trying to stand out amongst the group instead of being part of the group. And Holly didn't "pop" in the video.

After the video, they lined up the kids to announce who would be performing for Ryan. Michael, Ailyn, Lily, and Shana were called back right away. Robert said that Ailyn's acting was fantastic in the video, which made me realize how subjective acting is because I thought she was horrible.

They wound up having the other six kids perofrm duets for Ryan, and Ryan would decide which three would be the bottom. Black and Nellie performed "Waiting for a Girl Like You" by Foreigner. I thought they did a really great job on the song. They put a lot of emtion into it, and it was well acted. Ryan said it wasn't a last chance performance--it was an opera.

Abraham and the wheelchair girl (I'm too lazy to look up her name, and I just can't remember it) performed "Last Friday Night" by Katy Perry. They split the lines kind of weird with him singing the first part of a line, and her finishing it. It sounded horrible. Ryan said that wheelchair girl really stole the performance from Abraham.

Mario and Chalrie sang "Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me." They clashed a bit when they were rehearsing the song because neither of them are very flexible--they both want it done their way or no way. Though they did put emotion into their performance, I wasn't impressed by either of them. I'm not exactly sure what they were going for with their performance--we're they being supportive friends? Or were they being lovers? There was some awkward touching going between them.

Ryan wound up putting Abraham, Charlie, and Mario in the bottom three. They wound up sending Mario home, which was the right thing to do. He has a very high opinion of himself, and thinks he can do no wrong, and they already have that character on the show.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 7/4/2012, 1:13 pm

I was glad they gave Abraham a second chance...I've been checking out his blog and his youtube channel, and he's not only a pretty great singer but seems like a really down-to-earth, thoughtful, lovely guy too. I hope he makes it pretty far.

I'm happy they finally kicked off Mario - I don't care if these kids are good singers, I want good actors and he's not one of them, not yet. I hope Charlie will be next to be kicked off if he keeps finding new ways to be difficult or "take charge" each week. If he starts getting better at being a team player then I don't mind him staying.

The wheelchair girl's name is Ali, I believe. neutre I don't like the sound of her voice, I'm not sure why but it seems nasally to me, but otherwise I like her fine.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/4/2012, 2:08 pm

Abe was in the bottom 3? I really want him to make to Chris' round, which will probably be the semi-finale or finale. it will be in August! Abe needs to survive a whole months of torture. Wish him luck!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/4/2012, 3:06 pm

^
I want that too!!! Abe has to see Chris in person, he genuinely wanna knows him. Still remembering his "Noo" face when Cory came into the room instead of Chris a couple of weeks ago.

Personally I started to watch the show this week and until now no one has really stood out, but I'm glad that Tyler and Mario have left though I was afraid their respective stories will convince Ryan to stay, sometimes I think he cares most about that than singing or acting skills.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/4/2012, 3:09 pm

you can always hire a non-blind actor to play a blind person. all you need is a pair of dark sunglasses and pretend to walk into people or things. RM just want them to stay long enough to get "ideas" from their stories.

i think the winner will be a girl this time, because they need a girl. but they may give couple other "runner-ups" one or two episodes. I hope Abe if not reaching the end will get an episode as someone in NY (hay there are lots of Asians in NY!) - someone that will crush onto Kurt. yeah that's my dream scenero.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/4/2012, 3:42 pm

Of course, in the first episode Ryan said only one person would win this year, so that means all of them will appear on the show.

I am really hoping that Ailyn doesn't make it because I can't stand her, which means she'll probably win. hehe.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/4/2012, 3:51 pm

is she the turkish muslin girl? it's time for glee to have a muslin in the club, since all teh jews are gone (except Sue - who I assume is Jewish by birth because her parents are Nazi hunters).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next