Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

+36
ladydianab
bayth
ColferGirl
Catt24
Vir Cotto
emilynna
kac
Dame Loli
ChrisColferFan1
Divalicious
dap1217
E-ko
Ireth
msjoanlucette
happydays
sheny
paulopf
fountain
Esme
Shinra17
Emile
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Jellyrolls
arina
ColferInspired
Delight
fantastica
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
sahhar
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
Buenos
M&M
brisallie
40 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

Post  Eaton2011 8/1/2012, 1:48 pm

In an attempt to add some positivity sifflou ....

It is in Glees best interest for the New New Directions to become a self sufficient unit. They need to discover a new and interesting dynamic between Will, Sue and the old and new kids. Vanessa is IMO a strong actress who could grow into one of the leads, Heather is great with one liners. These two and Kevin would provide comic relief. The other boys and Matthew would act as the " straight men". That's a good initial foundation for the season 4 choir room. Sectionals will be during Thanks Giving and by then the club will have doubled in numbers. I honestly don't think that we have to worry about Kurt rotting in Lima for too long. Kurt has graduated, his relationship with that group has completely changed. There would be little to gain by including Kurt in the choir room. He would act as an odd sub teacher role, not a student who would sing and interact as equals with them. We know that they have already filmed a choir room scene and Kurt was not present.

Rachel will be the initial central character in New York BUT I firmly believe that Santana, Finn and Kurt will join her very soon. We know that Kurt has a storyline early with SJP. Kurt in the Lima Bean may be painful to watch but it will just be a delay tactic until his story takes him to New York. We just need to let the story take it's course.

Perhaps I am just really pragmatic but I am honestly not too worried phr34r

Eaton2011
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

Post  Divalicious 8/1/2012, 2:16 pm

While I am also in the "no faith in the writer's" club, I do believe that they are going to write towards him more than we think. Again, with Rachel's larger than life persona there are things that just don't fit with her character. Kurt and Finn are more grounded in reality, plus Kurt especially doesn't get victories, he can handle angst as well as comedy, whereas angst just doesn't fit with Rachel's character.

We also have to remember each year is a journey. Rachel starts out in NYADA, that doesn't mean she ends there. Kurt starts out in Lima, ends up on Vogue.com, but that doesn't mean the tale is told. Finn starts out anywhere but NY apparently, but we know eventually he will be there as well, doing what, we don't know.

Even if the writers aren't invested in anyone like they are in Rachel, to be able to set ground work for a series to continue past year 4 they need to make NY solid, and not just for Rachel. I think the months of feedback they've received regarding the lack of victory in Kurt's journey will give Kurt more happiness in his story. Will it be anywhere the amount of goodness they give Rachel, probably not even close, but we Kurtsies are used to tiny doses of Kurt glory. It is sad, but we will lap it up.

In the end, we also have Chris and his drive to carry us through. If the show doesn't give us something, the books and movies Chris does will. I don't know how successful Lea will be in movies, because they still prefer tall buxom sorts there, I think she will return to Broadway after the series, which is why she sells it so much, she knows this is her time to shine. Perhaps that is one of the reasons Ryan is so enamored of her, he knows the perils of Hollywood, and what they prefer, and how hard it is to get something done. Perhaps he is giving Lea extended time in the sun because of that. On the other hand, Chris' time is still coming, he has multiple talents and interests, and as he is becoming more gorgeous as he gets older, that will just increase his opportunities.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/1/2012, 3:42 pm

Eaton2011 wrote:In an attempt to add some positivity sifflou ....

It is in Glees best interest for the New New Directions to become a self sufficient unit. They need to discover a new and interesting dynamic between Will, Sue and the old and new kids. Vanessa is IMO a strong actress who could grow into one of the leads, Heather is great with one liners. These two and Kevin would provide comic relief. The other boys and Matthew would act as the " straight men". That's a good initial foundation for the season 4 choir room. Sectionals will be during Thanks Giving and by then the club will have doubled in numbers. I honestly don't think that we have to worry about Kurt rotting in Lima for too long. Kurt has graduated, his relationship with that group has completely changed. There would be little to gain by including Kurt in the choir room. He would act as an odd sub teacher role, not a student who would sing and interact as equals with them. We know that they have already filmed a choir room scene and Kurt was not present.

Rachel will be the initial central character in New York BUT I firmly believe that Santana, Finn and Kurt will join her very soon. We know that Kurt has a storyline early with SJP. Kurt in the Lima Bean may be painful to watch but it will just be a delay tactic until his story takes him to New York. We just need to let the story take it's course.

Perhaps I am just really pragmatic but I am honestly not too worried phr34r

I agree with most of this. As far as the NY storyline goes, there is just no way that it can revolve solely around Rachel and NYADA. Having this in it's own exclusive bubble, where her interactions are completely contained would work if this was a show focusing on her and her alone, but it just won't work in the Glee format. Even when Kurt was at Dalton, he was there as the bridge character linking what was happening at Dalton to what was going on at McKinley. If Rachel has no real ties to any of the outside storylines, what happens to her is going to become very cumbersome to the rest of the storyline. It makes absolutely no sense to put Kurt and Santana (and eventually Finn, I assume) in NY if their interactions are only to provide Rachel with support while she's in NYADA. Each of these characters needs to have their own self-contained stories that are allowed to progress naturally. If we only see them being there for Rachel, the audience tolerence for this split narrative is going to dry up very quickly.

This is one of the reasons that Rachel may start the year in NYADA, but I don't think she's going to finish there. I think that there's only so long that they can milk the graduates being shown at school unless you've got enough of them together that they share screen time and their stories intersect enough. Otherwise you've got one character, however much of a lead that you might want to consider her in an ensemble cast, becoming a huge time dump. And if her story doesn't connect with ND in any meaningful way (and there's no evidence that it can given the setup), there's no real possibility for having it stretch out very long. Even as effectively as the Dalton storyline carried out, and as much as the audience enjoyed seeing Kurt and Blaine together, it was impossible to keep Kurt completely away from ND for an extended period. And let's be honest... except to the Rachel stans, she's not likeable or sympathetic enough to carry an entire season alone.

I have a feeling that we are going to see Rachel crash in a huge way once she deals with the realities of NYADA. This is a girl that has crumbled each and every time a minor hurdle was set in her way, and needed massive propping up by every character around her. We need only look at how she behaved after blowing one single audition (and important one, certainly, but still a single audition). She needed a girl who was fighting her way out of a wheelchair (the same girl who went through a teenage pregnancy, gave up her baby for adoption and then suffered a massive emotional breakdown) an a girl who'd been forceably outed and struggling with her identity as a lesbian in a homophobic environment (as well as losing contact with a beloved grandparent) give up a prize (however insignificant that prize might be) that they actually worked for in order to soothe Rachel's wounded ego. Rachel cannot survive on her own - that has been proven time and time again. She was ready to postpone going to NYADA on the chance that Finn and Kurt would be able to join her, only so that she wouldn't face going to NY alone. Even if Kurt is in NY to be her sounding board, friend and provider of emergency makeover and souflees (as she imagined), he's not going to be in NYADA to protect her from the other students.

And NYADA is going to be an absolute horror to a hothouse flower like Rachel. She's going from being praised by everyone around her as the most talented girl ever to a place where she'd be fortunate to be considered fair to middling. To have teachers actually be critical of her abilities is going to be a challenge for Rachel to deal with on it's own, but all of the tactics that Rachel used to succeed in ND will be off the table. Her classmates will not the the type that she could wheedle and bully into stepping aside for her so that she gets a chance to shine. In fact, I can easily see that the first time she tries that gets her slammed socially and earns her a repuation as a slacker and trouble maker. Even if the spoiler of a real love interest at NYADA comes to pass, that's hardly going to be something that will make all the rest tolerable. Rachel is going to be the one now finding her triumphs very small and very, very few and far between for quite a while. To put it simply, Rachel is either going to grow up fast or she's going to get crushed.

As for Kurt, I'm very much expecting a much more limited focus - likely going back to the amount of screen time he got in season 1. Which will be absolutely fine with me since he had great storylines that focused on him and storylines earned him the GG nomination. Whatever path they decide for Kurt, the two things that I need to see after the disaster that season 3 was is 1) that Kurt find his path himself and not have Rachel gift him with the opportunity and 2) that he's happy and finds it a passion. I want to see a return to snarky, take no prisoners Kurt who was malicious enough to go along with Quinn's plot and turn Rachel into a sad clown hooker. A Kurt who stand up for himself and fights back. No more noble, stiff upper lip but a young man who's been through hell and is going to stand up for himself and what he wants.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/1/2012, 3:53 pm

As for Kurt, I'm very much expecting a much more limited focus - likely going back to the amount of screen time he got in season 1. Which will be absolutely fine with me since he had great storylines that focused on him and storylines earned him the GG nomination. Whatever path they decide for Kurt, the two things that I need to see after the disaster that season 3 was is 1) that Kurt find his path himself and not have Rachel gift him with the opportunity and 2) that he's happy and finds it a passion. I want to see a return to snarky, take no prisoners Kurt who was malicious enough to go along with Quinn's plot and turn Rachel into a sad clown hooker. A Kurt who stand up for himself and fights back. No more noble, stiff upper lip but a young man who's been through hell and is going to stand up for himself and what he wants.

I too wouldn't mind a limited focus if they give him a couple of storylines that are his. New York is important more for Kurt's story than Rachel's because it frees up potentially more stories for Kurt. AT this point Kurt in Lima is a nothing proposition.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 8/1/2012, 4:12 pm

Ranwing wrote:Guys, I think we're letting our communal pessimism get out of hand.

Well, we've have been acting like a bunch of "paranoid drama queens" since S3. Razz Plus, the rage-inducing finale and recent spoilers only encourages all the bitching and ranting about S4. I hope we didn't scare you away since you're quite new in here. Where is Colfergirl when we need her? :(

I personally have given up hope on Glee so I'm a little more indifferent to those spoilers. But I gotta say they don't really look good. And I'm not expecting Klaine to break up in "The Break Up" . Maybe none of the couples will break up in that ep. Who knows? saispa All I know is the fandom is going to explode if Klaine or Brittana break up and I will continue be amused by those devoted shippers.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/1/2012, 4:27 pm

I don't think we are far to paranoid or pessimistic. During both season 2 and 3 I had hoped that certain choices that the writers made MUST lead to certain other choices and things happening on the screen. And each time we though that this or that plot line MUST lead to a competition solo or duet for Kurt or finally an onscreen proof of his greatness that wasn't just meaningless words, we got squat. My problem is that I can't compere Glee with other shows because they don't fallow the basic law of storytelling - that could be great and unexpected but here it's a complete disaster in my book. You don't put so much emphases on a character and what happens to them and then to give your audience an unsatisfactory ending or nothing really, 2 years in a row.

Frankly, with Glee, you may hope for the best, but you should prepare for the worst.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 8/1/2012, 5:12 pm

More spoilers from our adorable troll :

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_m81o2k9zH01qeofhlo1_500

Well, I guess this sounds kinda promising since she's the editor of Vogue and she is one of the people that Chris studied to get mannerisms for Kurt neutre But it's only for SJP's character, so...

#EuvinoGlee‏@EuvinoGlee
@MrRPMurphy will have an episode with a Demi Lovato's music?

Ryan Murphy‏@MrRPMurphy
@EuvinoGlee Yes.

I listened to Demi's "Skycraper" on radio the other day and the song just sooo Kurt. But Chris might not get any solos until mid-season anyway, so Kurt will be singing it in my dream neutre

Non-kurt related spoilers of Britney tribute:

Jenna Ushkowitz ‏@JennaUshkowitz
Dance rehearsal for two Britney numbers today!...

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_m81la0Jm8X1qbd895o1_500

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_m81susU07P1qdmckio1_1280

So, Tina, Rachel & Brittany are going to sing in that ep, and none for kurt...I wonder when will Chris tweet about Glee? Maybe after a big ep for Kurt or never?

mindy‏@ftlquamduck
@MrRPMurphy will everybody be together again for holidays and weddings?

Ryan Murphy‏@MrRPMurphy
@ftlquamduck Yes! Planning a great two-part Thanksgiving episode. Sectionals happens during Turkey Time this year

Ryan Murphy ‏@MrRPMurphy
@gurlchocolate Alas, no. SAM will have a new girlfriend this year. Guess who it is!

Apparently Samcedes is going to break up...And we'll probably know only about Sam's dating history and nothing about the other aspects of his life when Glee ends.

Jenna Ushkowitz ‏@JennaUshkowitz
Zach is getting a real official twitter this week!!!!

LOL. Glee crew seems to be so desperate in promoting Glee lately.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/1/2012, 5:26 pm

tanita_mors wrote:I don't think we are far to paranoid or pessimistic. During both season 2 and 3 I had hoped that certain choices that the writers made MUST lead to certain other choices and things happening on the screen. And each time we though that this or that plot line MUST lead to a competition solo or duet for Kurt or finally an onscreen proof of his greatness that wasn't just meaningless words, we got squat. My problem is that I can't compere Glee with other shows because they don't fallow the basic law of storytelling - that could be great and unexpected but here it's a complete disaster in my book. You don't put so much emphases on a character and what happens to them and then to give your audience an unsatisfactory ending or nothing really, 2 years in a row.

Frankly, with Glee, you may hope for the best, but you should prepare for the worst.

This so much! banzai

There was much more compelling storyline reasons for Kurt to get a big payoff in seasons 2 and 3. The show hinted and actually made it part of canon. Several times for example in season 2 it was thrown out how Kurt was going to help them win Nationals. It was laid out there and I would even think they must have tentatively planned that at some point. The problem is both the writing and the overcrowded cast, and the idea that [b]everyone [/b]sooner or later needs to get story lines, focus and songs/solos.

I don't think it's an agenda against Chris Colfer/Kurt as much as they have so many eggs being juggled. Now in Season 4 they have NYADA /Rachel and trying to recast New Directions back in McKinley and throw in cameos from the graduated Seniors and try to get new breakout stars. Even for good writers this would be a daunting task, much less the Glee ones.

They will want to highlight the new performers to keep the franchise going. The problem is that IMO the PTB have decided it's more the "format" and not necessarily the actors that have made the show the success it initially was. Of course it's both, but the way they gutted ND shows me that they think they can sub other performers/actors into the same template and come out winners.

Kurt is different, he stood out because of Chris Colfer's acting and the character was set up wonderfully in season one, but the show doesn't know to present his journey within the show because he is an "ensemble" player in a show that has never been able to mesh all the characters cohesively. They can't do triangles with Kurt, they can't totally character assassination with him because he's their gay image, they don't have the time to develop him fully because of cast obligation. Ironically, the show is like a copy of Lima, it doesn't quite know what to "do" with Kurt and his character and his singing voice.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 8/1/2012, 5:35 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_m83eduVHzx1rrahezo1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_m83eduVHzx1rrahezo2_500

The outfit is giving me all the Kurt feels flower flower Allow me to put aside all the Kurt-related spoilers and welcome the beloved Glee character back on our screens hola

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/1/2012, 5:59 pm

BlueJazz wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_m83eduVHzx1rrahezo1_500

The outfit is giving me all the Kurt feels flower flower Allow me to put aside all the Kurt-related spoilers and welcome the beloved Glee character back on our screens hola

OMG... my parents had wallaper in their bathroom in the pattern of Kurt's pants (and just as shiny) back in the 70s!

As for the outfit... fewer layers... looks like it's fitting nice and snug and showing off his arms... I approve! aa54

Buenos wrote:I don't think it's an agenda against Chris Colfer/Kurt as much as they have so many eggs being juggled. Now in Season 4 they have NYADA /Rachel and trying to recast New Directions back in McKinley and throw in cameos from the graduated Seniors and try to get new breakout stars. Even for good writers this would be a daunting task, much less the Glee ones.

I think this is exactly the situation. It doesn't excuse not giving Kurt any competition solos for three years (am chalking that up to the need to sell Lea Michelle as a singing star) but it really does explain why right now they seem to be shoving the NYADA/NY storyline so hard. It reminds me of the Rory rollout last season, where for more than a month before he made his offical debut they were praising him left and right in the media, and everyone in the cast was twittering about how amazing Damien was. The show is trying to figure out how it's going to survive the self-imposed fatal flaw that it built into itself - how to keep the audience engaged when its most popular characters would be moving on. I don't think there was ever a plan to keep Lea, Chris, Cory and the other seniors around after graduation. At best, Lea and Chris would have gotten their spin off (and damn you, Fox for nixing that idea) and the lesser grads would move on and the audience would fall in love with the new crops of students. Unfortunately it didn't work out like that. The audience is very, very attached to these characters and actors and letting them go completely would be suicide. The new characters didn't catch fire the way they expected. Hell, except for Sugar, these characters couldn't catch a cold. So they're struggling to figure out how to keep the old favorites in the mix while at the same time trying to give the main body of the show a chance to survive.

They will want to highlight the new performers to keep the franchise going. The problem is that IMO the PTB have decided it's more the "format" and not necessarily the actors that have made the show the success it initially was. Of course it's both, but the way they gutted ND shows me that they think they can sub other performers/actors into the same template and come out winners.

They've been trying to repopulate ND since season 2. Sam was more or less successful, but Rory and Joe? Rory had the presence of a block of wood and Joe was just alternating doses of boring and creepy. Sugar is fun and I can definately see her sticking around and taking over for Brittany with the inappropriate comedy relief. Sunshine was such a dud that they couldn't get rid of her fast enough. They had something very, very special with the original cast and thus far, their attempts to recreate that magic has been awful. The Glee Project was a horrible idea, because instead of casting really great singers who can act (Lea, Amber) and really great actors that can sing (Chris, Matt), we're getting "personalities" that they're create a character around.

Kurt is different, he stood out because of Chris Colfer's acting and the character was set up wonderfully in season one, but the show doesn't know to present his journey within the show because he is an "ensemble" player in a show that has never been able to mesh all the characters cohesively. They can't do triangles with Kurt, they can't totally character assassination with him because he's their gay image, they don't have the time to develop him fully because of cast obligation. Ironically, the show is like a copy of Lima, it doesn't quite know what to "do" with Kurt and his character and his singing voice.

Chris is one of those "lightening in a bottle" moments of genius, where the showrunners recognized something enormously special and took advantage when they had the chance. He wasn't a known talent like Lea and he hasn't been in the business like Cory, Matt and others. He was a young kid right out of high school who took a chance on attending an audition and blew them away so much that they created a part just for him. Looking at Rory, Sam and the other Glee Project rejects that keep littering the show, they're trying to recreate the absolute magic that they had with Chris and don't seem to realize just how much of a once in a lifetime kind of find they had.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/1/2012, 6:30 pm

Looking at Rory, Sam and the other Glee Project rejects that keep littering the show, they're trying to recreate the absolute magic that they had with Chris and don't seem to realize just how much of a once in a lifetime kind of find they had.

Exactly. I've been getting kind of irritated that people keep saying that they are trying to find the new Darren Criss with the Glee Project. No, they are trying to find the new Chris Colfer. DC was cast for an existing part - they were looking for Blaine and found him in DC. Kurt was created because of Chris and nobody else. And it's evident that they are running low on ideas when they have to look for people to find inspiration for characters. They will never repeat the "Chris Colfer phenomenon". That kind of thing doesn't happen twice very often, especially not on the same show.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 8/1/2012, 6:52 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
Looking at Rory, Sam and the other Glee Project rejects that keep littering the show, they're trying to recreate the absolute magic that they had with Chris and don't seem to realize just how much of a once in a lifetime kind of find they had.

Exactly. I've been getting kind of irritated that people keep saying that they are trying to find the new Darren Criss with the Glee Project. No, they are trying to find the new Chris Colfer. DC was cast for an existing part - they were looking for Blaine and found him in DC. Kurt was created because of Chris and nobody else. And it's evident that they are running low on ideas when they have to look for people to find inspiration for characters. They will never repeat the "Chris Colfer phenomenon". That kind of thing doesn't happen twice very often, especially not on the same show.

THIS. Ryan Murphy and Co really lucked out on Chris. They were lucky enough that he auditioned for their show. It could have been any other show he auditioned for and they would have gotten him. Not everybody is Chris Colfer. They were just very,very lucky to find him when they did. It was just luck. It can never be repeated by launching these pointless reality shows.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 8/1/2012, 8:10 pm

Brace yourselves. If there were more scenes of this in the show then maybe I wouldn't hate Klaine so much. The Klaine box scene has been released by Ryan Murphy. It's actually good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4em3LKQCAQ

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/1/2012, 9:07 pm

The link didn't work. I lowered myself to going on RM"s twitter for the right link.

Cue Tumblr going on full melt down...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5HEYZhBbjY&feature=youtu.be

This just proves to me that we need to take this show away from Murphy. By force, if necessary. We need to arm ourselves with sais and save this show from the barbarians that are destroying it. Because someone got paid a great deal of money to decide that this scene should be cut in favor of multiple scenes about Barbara, the African Sow Hog. That's the kind of thought that keeps me up at night.

Oh, and Kurt doesn't like PDAs? Couldn't tell from the way he practically body tackled his honey in the middle of a crowded school hallway. Kiss my ass, Brad. guzu
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 8/1/2012, 9:15 pm

I'm starting to think Brad Falchuk is a much worse effect on this show than Ryan Murphy. Brad needs to GTFO from Glee pronto. Next, we just need to shift Glee to another network, like HBO, where there's creative freedom.

Isn't it funny how here Kurt is ready to be engaged and then in then a couple of episodes later he's completely against Finchel getting married?, and not sure of marriage himself?. Glee and it's continuity.

Based on his attitude later on, this box scene is still NOT canon for me, and considering Blaine's behavior towards Kurt in the latter half of the season, yeah, it's hard to believe this would be canon.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 8/1/2012, 9:28 pm

Absolutely agree! I would think that the creators would recognize that it is extremely rare to find an explosive talent like Chris. Maybe they are hoping for a Bieber or that girl that guest starred on Glee that Oprah discovered. I believe her name was Cherise. But with those two you get basically the one talent: singing. With Chris it is a huge package. I think the "Chris Colfer Phenomenon" would make a great book title.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/1/2012, 9:55 pm

I haven't see the box scene but I will later.

What if Ryan did want Kurt to have an uplifting story to succeed but Fox said no. What if it's Fox that wanted Rachel to get into Nyada but not Kurt. It could have been Fox that is limiting the storytelling of Kurt and why Chris won't be singing too much. It could be them that won't Kurt to fail so people might start losing interest in him, because they don't want to see him losing all the time.

Ryan seems to have more freedom with his other shows than he does with Glee.

I agree if this show was on another network maybe we would see an entirely different Glee, we probably would see Kurt become successful. For all we know they only want one gay to succeed Blaine, that is why Kurt will fail. This isn't fair.

I don't trust Fox anymore. It is their network and I thought they would have more control than Ryan or the writers would have.

Though I am not defending him it is just me thinking about things.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 8/1/2012, 10:01 pm

ColferInspired wrote:I haven't see the box scene but I will later.

What if Ryan did want Kurt to have an uplifting story to succeed but Fox said no. What if it's Fox that wanted Rachel to get into Nyada but not Kurt. It could have been Fox that is limiting the storytelling of Kurt and why Chris won't be singing too much. It could be them that won't Kurt to fail so people might start losing interest in him, because they don't want to see him losing all the time.

I agree if this show was on another network maybe we would see an entirely different Glee, we probably would see Kurt become successful. For all we know they only want one gay to succeed Blaine, that is why Kurt will fail. This isn't fair.

I don't trust Fox anymore. It is their network and I thought they would have more control than Ryan or the writers would have.

I agree. I really wish Glee was on a different network. I think Ryan, Brad etc are to blame, but so are FOX.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/1/2012, 10:02 pm

sahhar wrote:Brace yourselves. If there were more scenes of this in the show then maybe I wouldn't hate Klaine so much. The Klaine box scene has been released by Ryan Murphy. It's actually good.

I'm sorry, but I still am glad they cut this scene from the episode. It's clunky, the dialogue is cheesy, and it makes Kurt look both greedy (the jewelry) and needy (marriage proposal). Kurt would have gotten a smack down from the Klainers for not 'appreciating' Blaine's thoughtful gift and always wanting more.
And it does go against the canon of Kurt objecting to the Finchel wedding, and Blaine detaching himself from Kurt a few episodes later.

Also:
"I will defend you even when you're wrong". Like when texting with a cute boy?

Of course: the scene was acted well (I even liked Darren in it), and in itself it is a cute, though somewhat teensoap-ish, scene. But I'm glad it isn't canon, because it didn't fit both Kurt's and Blaine's character, when you look at the real canon.
I agree that the whole pig gift of Finchel was stupid and boring, and should have been replaced by something else, just not this scene.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 8/1/2012, 10:07 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
sahhar wrote:Brace yourselves. If there were more scenes of this in the show then maybe I wouldn't hate Klaine so much. The Klaine box scene has been released by Ryan Murphy. It's actually good.

I'm sorry, but I still am glad they cut this scene from the episode. It's clunky, the dialogue is cheesy, and it makes Kurt look both greedy (the jewelry) and needy (marriage proposal). Kurt would have gotten a smack down from the Klainers for not 'appreciating' Blaine's thoughtful gift and always wanting more.
And it does go against the canon of Kurt objecting to the Finchel wedding, and Blaine detaching himself from Kurt a few episodes later.

Also:
"I will defend you even when you're wrong". Like when texting with a cute boy?

Of course: the scene was acted well (I even liked Darren in it), and in itself it is a cute, though somewhat teensoap-ish, scene. But I'm glad it isn't canon, because it didn't fit both Kurt's and Blaine's character, when you look at the real canon.
I agree that the whole pig gift of Finchel was stupid and boring, and should have been replaced by something else, just not this scene.

Good points. Unlike the plethora of Klainers going berserk all over Twitter and Tumblr right now, this scene doesn't make much sense. It's very random. Almost written just to cater to shippers and fit into a Christmas episody mood. Both Kurt and Blaine's characters seem very different from how both of them are portrayed in the latter half of the season.

This scene is too all over the place to be considered canon, as well acted as I thought it was.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/1/2012, 10:13 pm

BlueJazz wrote:...

I listened to Demi's "Skycraper" on radio the other day and the song just sooo Kurt. But Chris might not get any solos until mid-season anyway, so Kurt will be singing it in my dream neutre

I want so bad that Kurt sings that song. PLEASE Smile

BlueJazz wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 Tumblr_m83eduVHzx1rrahezo1_500

These are the moments I don't care that Lea loves promoting Glee too much, because I just care to appreciate this picture wub

Oh My! I just get home and the first thing I noticed on tumblr is the box scene o.o I cant believe Klainers got it and also I cant believe trollphy has fulfilled his promise. I'm speechless.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/1/2012, 10:13 pm

ColferInspired wrote:What if Ryan did want Kurt to have an uplifting story to succeed but Fox said no. What if it's Fox that wanted Rachel to get into Nyada but not Kurt. It could have been Fox that is limiting the storytelling of Kurt and why Chris won't be singing too much. It could be them that won't Kurt to fail so people might start losing interest in him, because they don't want to see him losing all the time.

Then why is RM sucking up to Lea all the time (and vice versa)? And why is RM constantly talking about Rachel in New York, even saying that he knows that the last scene of Glee ever will be about Rachel?
RM picked out Rachel's engagement ring himself, making a big deal out of it, an he knows how many skirts she has. Lea was the only cast member who Ryan talked to about season 4 (and took out to dinner), before the hiatus. As far as we know, Chris didn't know anything untill he picked up his script monday morning.

No, I think that the Rachel Berry Show, plus Blaine being the popular gay in season 3, is all Ryan's (and Brad's) doing. Remember that it was Fox that made sure that Chris didn't get repercussions from Graduation Gate, by telling everyone that he was not fired (nor Lea or Cory). It was Ryan and Brad who threw Chris under the bus then, and it was Brad at Comic-con this year who threw Kurt under the bus several times. Which reminds me: the box scene doesn't really show Kurt hating PDA, now does it? dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 8/1/2012, 10:15 pm

brisallie wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:...

I want so bad that Kurt sings that song. PLEASE Smile

These are the moments I don't care that Lea loves promoting Glee too much, because I just care to appreciate this picture wub

Oh My! I just get home and the first thing I noticed on tumblr is the box scene o.o I cant believe Klainers got it and also I cant believe trollphy has fulfilled his promise. I'm speechless.

Trollphy wants Gleeks/Klainers back in his good books. He knows how many of them have given up/are close to giving up on the show. He'll do anything to get everyone to love him again, and judging by all the Trollphy-haters-turned-Trollphy-worshippers on Tumblr and Twitter right now, he's succeeded.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/1/2012, 10:26 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:What if Ryan did want Kurt to have an uplifting story to succeed but Fox said no. What if it's Fox that wanted Rachel to get into Nyada but not Kurt. It could have been Fox that is limiting the storytelling of Kurt and why Chris won't be singing too much. It could be them that won't Kurt to fail so people might start losing interest in him, because they don't want to see him losing all the time.

Then why is RM sucking up to Lea all the time (and vice versa)? And why is RM constantly talking about Rachel in New York, even saying that he knows that the last scene of Glee ever will be about Rachel?
RM picked out Rachel's engagement ring himself, making a big deal out of it, an he knows how many skirts she has. Lea was the only cast member who Ryan talked to about season 4 (and took out to dinner), before the hiatus. As far as we know, Chris didn't know anything untill he picked up his script monday morning.

No, I think that the Rachel Berry Show, plus Blaine being the popular gay in season 3, is all Ryan's (and Brad's) doing. Remember that it was Fox that made sure that Chris didn't get repercussions from Graduation Gate, by telling everyone that he was not fired (nor Lea or Cory). It was Ryan and Brad who threw Chris under the bus then, and it was Brad at Comic-con this year who threw Kurt under the bus several times. Which reminds me: the box scene doesn't really show Kurt hating PDA, now does it? Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 357632081

I was just thinking about things that's all.

I want a reason to look forward to Season 4 that will stop me wishing Chris had a better show to be on. I don't want to see Kurt as a prop again. Chris deserves so much better, it is starting to hurt all over again, and I suffered to much over this show after Goodbye aired.

I'm just clutching at straws wanting at least someone writing for this show to care about Kurt.

Why can't they release positive spoilers about Kurt, not friggin Rachel all the time?

Probably because they aren't any.

Looks like they are pushing Brittney this season, when Heather is not a good actress. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 38 357632081

I don't want Chris's talent wasted on this show, because I am fearing it might be. That his scenes are only there to prop up others and Kurt want get one.

Chris felt like a guest star when they were doing the Dalton arc. I am worried he is going to feel like that again, with all the focus on someone else and not Kurt this time, making it even worse as he won't have any agency to any storylines, that he won't even get an arc.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/1/2012, 10:34 pm

ColferInspired wrote:I was just thinking about things that's all.
Sorry, didn't mean to come at you personally. bisou

I'm just still so angry about it all, and RM's twitter spree is bringing all the vinegar out again. dryy

You might even be right, or it's a combination of RIB and Fox. I dunno. unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next